Taurine More Effective Than Finasteride For Hair Loss

Dotdash

Since taurine is so abundant in dairy are those who are taking it as a supplement non-dairy users?

Arrade

Since taurine is so abundant in dairy are those who are taking it as a supplement non-dairy users?
No I wasn’t. I consume at least 20 oz of whole milk a day
I’ll probably stop supplementing

REOSIRENS

Can someone elaborate more on taurine’s effects on cholesterol?

Atherosclerosis is caused by cholesterol plaques that are combined with fibrosis, waste product, and calcium.

If blood flow is the issue of hairloss, then cholesterol, calcium, and fibrosis need to be fixed
Taurine lowers parathyroid like calcium...and it's good to stabilize blood sugars... cholesterol isn't the bad guy the problem is hypothyroidism... triiodothyronine seems to be the most protective agent against hair loss

Arrade

Taurine lowers parathyroid like calcium...and it's good to stabilize blood sugars... cholesterol isn't the bad guy the problem is hypothyroidism... triiodothyronine seems to be the most protective agent against hair loss
cholesterol creates plaques that clog up the arteries and loss of blood flow to the scalp. I never had hair issues with hypothyroid until I took things that raised estrogen or affected calcium negatively (like high dose mk4)

REOSIRENS

Estrogen in very short run seems to slow hairloss by lowering blood sugars(hypoglycemia) but you know what estrogen does in long run? Destroy tissue and your cortisol is sky high...causes calcification by disrupting calcium metabolism and copper( loss of copper impairs blood circulation(vasoconstriction)...and inflammation is all time high...

Triiodothyronine grabs on cholesterol and produce protective hormones that will oppose estrogen...

High cholesterol is a sign that your body is not producing protective hormones... Cholesterol is essential to oppose estrogen it is a mechanism your body has to fight estrogen and cortisol...

Arrade

Does high serum calcium usually mean high PTH? Or high calcium intake?
"
“The parathyroid hormone is an important regulator of calcium metabolism. If dietary calcium isn't sufficient, causing blood calcium to decrease, the parathyroid hormone increases, and removes calcium from bones to maintain a normal amount in the blood. parathyroid hormone has many other effects, contributing to inflammation, calcification of soft tissues, and decreased respiratory energy production.” “When there is adequate calcium, vitamin D, and magnesium in the diet, parathyroid hormone is kept to a minimum.”[2]

"These results demonstrate that elevated levels of parathyroid hormone can induce mast cell secretion in vitro and in vivo and suggest a possible role for mast cells in the pathophysiology of non-allergic disease states.”[3]"

The Danny Roddy Weblog

Mossy

I drink dairy daily, but it doesn’t have the same strong and definitive effect that taurine does for me. I don’t take taurine daily, maybe several times a week.

Dotdash

I drink dairy daily, but it doesn’t have the same strong and definitive effect that taurine does for me. I don’t take taurine daily, maybe several times a week.

So perhaps knowing first the amount of taurine ingested via food would be helpful in determining taurine supplementation. More may be advantageous based on normal intake via foods.

Mossy

So perhaps knowing first the amount of taurine ingested via food would be helpful in determining taurine supplementation. More may be advantageous based on normal intake via foods.
I think for some, that could be effective—where the two sources make up the total taurine intake, and that they could rely on that. For me, most dairy taurine hardly effects me, whereas seafood taurine is more effective, but nothing is like supplementing taurine. But, yeah, ultimately, I think you could factor in food taurine, to at least help gauge how much to supplement with.

Last edited:

LCohen

Whenever I use Taurine, K2, Zinc, Niacinamide, I see a sharp decrease in hair loss. I also add spironolactone some days. (Not as anti-androgen, it decreases fibrosis and calcification)

Vitamin C, E, D3, Magnesium, NAC, ALA, Curcumin... All are helpful for sure. But honestly they don't cut shedding like Taurine or Zinc or K2.

Dotdash

I think for some, that could be effective—where the two sources make up the total taurine intake, and that they could rely on that. For me, most dairy taurine hardly effects me, whereas seafood taurine is more effective, but nothing is like supplementing taurine. But, yeah, ultimately, I think you could factor in food taurine, to at least help gauge how much to supplement with.

That is interesting about the seafood taurine. When I experienced regrowth I was consuming quite a bit more seafood each week. Now, not so much and the regrowth is almost nil. I have often wondered if lack of it is a contributing factor. Thanks for your comments.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals