Taurine More Effective Than Finasteride For Hair Loss

Luckytype

my hair has stopped shedding for the most part. I notice like 3-5 hairs on my hands when I shampoo. However, I have sebhorreic dermatits and also use EstroBan from idealabs, which has helped a lot. Between both supplements my hair is much fuller and way less oily.

@brix is this with topical application? If so or if not what kind of dosing and frequency

brix

@brix is this with topical application? If so or if not what kind of dosing and frequency

I am taking about 7g oral taurine. I have yet to use it topically and don't plan to as I have seen more effects from oral supplementation than topical.

tallglass13

I used to put it on my scalp. I liked it because it has a slight drying effect. your scalp will not be oily in the morning if you put it on at night. it felt like it reduced sebum production, while delivering all the fat soluble vitamins to the follicles.

brix

I used to put it on my scalp. I liked it because it has a slight drying effect. your scalp will not be oily in the morning if you put it on at night. it felt like it reduced sebum production, while delivering all the fat soluble vitamins to the follicles.

I got this effect from just using it on my wrists.

Progesterone

Anyone using oral Taurine at high dosage getting bloating?

If I eat too much, or sometimes even if I eat normally, I can basically look pregnant, for the entire day. This wasn't the case before.

Anyone notice anything similar? Or maybe it's just me...

brix

Anyone using oral Taurine at high dosage getting bloating?

If I eat too much, or sometimes even if I eat normally, I can basically look pregnant, for the entire day. This wasn't the case before.

Anyone notice anything similar? Or maybe it's just me...

I take 5g and do not notice bloating.

Gl;itch.e

Hair growth/maintaining hair.

Feels uneventful.
You should notice pro-androgenic testosterone type of effects at this level. If you aren't after a couple of weeks and you notice any kind of sulphur smell it would suggest you don't need this much and that it isn't going to help you all that much.

Progesterone

You should notice pro-androgenic testosterone type of effects at this level. If you aren't after a couple of weeks and you notice any kind of sulphur smell it would suggest you don't need this much and that it isn't going to help you all that much.

Could you be a bit more specific as to what type of effects exactly?

My body is looking great and my workouts are great, FYI. It's just if I eat a lot, my stomach seems to stay puffed up for longer than normal (bloating).

Gl;itch.e

Could you be a bit more specific as to what type of effects exactly?

My body is looking great and my workouts are great, FYI. It's just if I eat a lot, my stomach seems to stay puffed up for longer than normal (bloating).
Libido is the most obvious one. Greater workout capacity and strength is another.

Stryker

Yep this , for a while I could take 10 grams or more a day but now even 5 grams and my farts smell like lime of sulphur

sladerunner69

I really appreciate you making this list, thank you!

Few questions - this IS still related to MPB, not hijacking this thread.

1. I know RP is big on drinking milk... currently I use a almond/coconut type blend for cereals (I know, I know, all those PUFAs..). Since coming to this forum and getting back into Peat, I did buy organic milk 2% and 3%. I know this has probably been beaten to DEATH but allow me to play devil's advocate for 1 second here: What about the thought process that MILK = for cows, to put on muscle and get big ASAP (all that protein, growth factors..) What is the rebuttal here?

2. What is adequate daily protein intake, for someone who is training 4-5 times a week, intensely with moderate to heavy weights? Is it bodyweight? i.e 170lbs person should consume 170g protein? Or is it less?

3. I am taking 60mg approx of albion chelated iron, each night. My ferritin level was '63' in July 2016. I've heard for men, for proper hair growth, 80-100 or even past 100 is beneficial.. very interesting. I am VERY, VERY, concerned about keeping my hair.

4. What are good sources of carbs per Peat? i.e Potatoes, whole grain oats, etc? Or does it not matter that much?

5. Are probiotic supplements recommended or frowned upon (Gut health)?

1. Cows are mammals and physiologically similar to humans, a growing calf does need a surplus of calories that is why whole milk has so much fat in it. This is also why Peat recommends 1% or skim milk, so that you can utilize its protein and vitamins and nutrients and carbs without fattening up.

2. I have been training for years and am now weighing a solid 225 lbs relatively lean. I can bench 315 lbs and squat nearly 500, and I never get my bodyweight in protein each day. The average man at about 180 lbs should get about 100g of protien a day, that is optimal. For me I get about 100-125. Any more then that is excessive and not beneficial. This is mainly because in order to consume such a large volume of protein one needs to eat muscle meat and whey protein shakes, which are very high in phosphate and iron and lack the proper nutrients and amino acid profiles to benefit the metabolism. Most of my protein comes from gelatin and milk and cheese, I get some from oysters and shrimp and halibut and some from liver and only occasionally will have a nice juicy steak or ground beef or lamb sausage, but I will always follow it up with a few scoops of gelatin or I will get a headache.

3. dont take iron I guarantee you already get more than enough from grains, greens, and meat, assuming you've been eating these prior to peat. Cilantro will help to chelate the iron and flush it out.

4. Peat doesn't view starch as a good source of carb, he says fructose and sucrose are superior n every way. Potatoes he says are okay but should be very well cooked to break down the starchy fiborous material that irritates the gut and releases endotoxin. No oats, too high in phosphate and gluten and very hard on the stomach.

5. Probiotics could be helpful but are very complicated and not universally successful. You could end up doing mroe harm then good or increases lactic acid build up from fermentation. But he does say that some of bacterial interaction can help fight endotoxin, but doesnt reccomend probiotics because the benefit isnt worth the risk.

REOSIRENS

I think taurine works like progesterone and I believe taurine is amino acid that helps body to use glucose and cholesterol... But problem is that most of people get good results in stopping or reversing hairloss run in hypoglycemic state that taurine promote...That's why sometimes you will feel and look look bloated... All things that are touted(T3 Progesterone) to help hair they seem to lower sugar levels and cholesterol... Taurine sometimes makes me feel depressed and annoyed and only thing that helps me be positive again is beta alanine(amazing amino acid that nobody seems to care)

Beta alanine increases blood sugar and cholesterol

So point is save hair and get depressed... Feel better and continue normally shedding

Gl;itch.e

So point is save hair and get depressed... Feel better and continue normally shedding
Opposite. Taurine is very dopaminergic and will definitely make you feel better whilst promoting better glucose utilisation and storage.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals