Taurine More Effective Than Finasteride For Hair Loss

yoshiesque

how did you manage to get aspirin to dissolve? even in boiling water i can still see it.

T

tobieagle

Hey Tobiegle. So, you are saying you are seeing results, or that your approach to making the solution works fine?

I've tried dissolving aspirin in water and applying it to my scalp, but it left residue. Are you seeing any of that?

Both. I use it mainly for acne but it should be good for the scalp too.

I spray it on the area of skin, leave it to absorb for 1-2 min and then remove the excess solution with a towel.

EIRE24

Both. I use it mainly for acne but it should be good for the scalp too.

I spray it on the area of skin, leave it to absorb for 1-2 min and then remove the excess solution with a towel.

You find an aspirin mask best for acne? What other things have you seen help your acne reduce or get better?

T

tobieagle

how did you manage to get aspirin to dissolve? even in boiling water i can still see it.

Then you are using too much.
Aspirin, unlike taurine and caffeine is not very water soluable, but enough to get to the desired concentration.

You can use a coffee filter and put your aspirin powder, or tablets in it. Pour warm water over it and collect the solution.

Drareg

People report positive outcomes with hair growth from taurine, if taurine increases G6pdh activity it would explain hair growth ?

superhuman

Can i use the taurine powder supplement topical just on wrists etc and get the same results that taking it orally? since when i take it orally i get problems like slow digestion, bloated etc.

johnwester130

Taurine was the only supplement where I noticed any hair re-growth. It was marginal but noticeable. I don't know if it would continue if I used taurine long term instead of in short bursts here and there (almost a pun?)

zinc and taurine enhance each other

maybe add that in too

Pet Peeve

I took taurine daily and very quickly developed small wounds inside my nostrils. The wounds got scabs but didn't heal. I had the wounds for a couple of months and suddenly they healed up when I started taking beta alanine. What could be the mechanism here?

johnwester130

I took taurine daily and very quickly developed small wounds inside my nostrils. The wounds got scabs but didn't heal. I had the wounds for a couple of months and suddenly they healed up when I started taking beta alanine. What could be the mechanism here?

taurine can deplete beta alanine

maybe just use gelatin

sladerunner69

Taurine was the only supplement where I noticed any hair re-growth. It was marginal but noticeable. I don't know if it would continue if I used taurine long term instead of in short bursts here and there (almost a pun?)

How much did you take? Also have you ever tried lysine, that one made me regrow hair like crazy. I was regrowing hair all over my face and eyeballs too so I had to stop.

Gl;itch.e

How much did you take? Also have you ever tried lysine, that one made me regrow hair like crazy. I was regrowing hair all over my face and eyeballs too so I had to stop.
Lysine did nothing for my hair. Maybe I didn't take enough or may I had enough through normal protein intake and gelatin.

Taurine I was using about 6-9 grams a day when I noticed the most hair wise.

sladerunner69

Lysine did nothing for my hair. Maybe I didn't take enough or may I had enough through normal protein intake and gelatin.

Whoa that is a crud load of taurine. After about 2-3 grams I begin to feel tired and brain fogged, I think it lowers cortisol and NO toopowerfully and gives me weird symptoms. Or perhas it stimualted bile production and gives me high serotonin symptoms.... that is entirely possible.

Do you still take that much daily or did you stop because it felt weird?

Gl;itch.e

Whoa that is a crud load of taurine. After about 2-3 grams I begin to feel tired and brain fogged, I think it lowers cortisol and NO toopowerfully and gives me weird symptoms. Or perhas it stimualted bile production and gives me high serotonin symptoms.... that is entirely possible.

Do you still take that much daily or did you stop because it felt weird?
No I don't take that much anymore. I never had any problems with that much. I took 3g in 2-3 doses a day for quite a long time. I only got positive benefits. It helped my digestion, increased libido, improved gym performance. These days I only use about 3g a day in two 1.5g doses since I have also added Glycine 4-8grams a day.

Progesterone

Lysine
did nothing for my hair. Maybe I didn't take enough or may I had enough through normal protein intake and gelatin.

What specifically did you notice regarding your hair on 6-9 grams of Taurine daily?

TubZy

hair growing in spots that had previously balded.

Did you try topically? 1-2 grams topically gives me similar results as to taking 3-4 grams orally. I would do both but taurine messes up my gut. I haven't tried taking it with gelatin/glycine yet though.

aarfai

Did you try topically? 1-2 grams topically gives me similar results as to taking 3-4 grams orally. I would do both but taurine messes up my gut. I haven't tried taking it with gelatin/glycine yet though.
Hey @TubZy what did you use to mix the taurine with when applied topically?

Gl;itch.e

I have added it topically with caffeine, niacinamide before. Noticed nothing. I wasn't using 1-2 grams at a time though. Just an amount enough to reach maybe 1-2% concentration in water

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals