Taurine More Effective Than Finasteride For Hair Loss

BONE

The study was published in 2013. If Taurine indeed provided any value for hair, then hair loss forums would be all over it by now, but they are not. That is saying something.

Arrade

The study was published in 2013. If Taurine indeed provided any value for hair, then hair loss forums would be all over it by now, but they are not. That is saying something.
They also choose transgenderism over even considering mpb is from a biological mechanism we could influence

BONE

Actually, I've been on hair loss forums for nearly a decade. Starting from hair loss talk, hairloss help, bald truth...these guys are obsessed and have looked at pretty much every possible theory. If Taurine really did anything really substantial, we would see it recommended more frequently.

Mufasa

I think that also could be attributed to that finasteride isnt that good itself. If someone is not regrowing any hair, but just loosing less, it isnt convincing enough to jump on board.

Ohw yeass, The taurine forms active in the skin and scalp confined to the "N-acyl taurines", are seen to regulate and bOOst skin wound healing including hair follicle, are seen to influence the healing and cell regeneration cofactors, correlated with the keratin estrogen-healing potential of that same skin area implying potential hair growth opportunity.
http://www.pnas.org/content/113/30/E4397

BONE

I think that also could be attributed to that finasteride isnt that good itself. If someone is not regrowing any hair, but just loosing less, it isnt convincing enough to jump on board.
The only thing more effective than finasteride is dutasteride and in rare cases it regrows. But if you are not using either, have male pattern baldness and think that you will somehow regrow hair with something else, then you are in deep trouble in terms of hair loss. It is unstoppable and so far there is no way to regrow hair apart from female hormones.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So then DHT is only elevated in those with prostate cancer as it tries to prevent the action of estrogen?

Exactly. And it is only elevated in some people - in those who still have largely intact gonadal function. The ones who can't muster up good DHT response to high estrogen have the most aggressive prostate cancers. Serum T, DHT (and partially estradiol) are surrogates for gonadal function. Increased peripheral androgen synthesis typically happens when gonadal function lacks, so some steroid-making organs, and especially the skin (being the largest steroid making organ) try to pick up the slack. Basically, high serum androgens = good gonadal function = good thyroid function. High peripheral androgens combined with low or lowish serum androgens = low gonadal function = low thyroid function = high adrenal function. Balding is a sign of adrenal hyperactivity, which is another way of saying low thyroid/gonadal activity. Plain and simple.
And again, even peripheral DHT is not the villain. If it was, androgen receptor antagonists would have had benefit for hair loss and they don't.

Arrade

Exactly. And it is only elevated in some people - in those who still have largely intact gonadal function. The ones who can't muster up good DHT response to high estrogen have the most aggressive prostate cancers. Serum T, DHT (and partially estradiol) are surrogates for gonadal function. Increased peripheral androgen synthesis typically happens when gonadal function lacks, so some steroid-making organs, and especially the skin (being the largest steroid making organ) try to pick up the slack. Basically, high serum androgens = good gonadal function = good thyroid function. High peripheral androgens combined with low or lowish serum androgens = low gonadal function = low thyroid function = high adrenal function. Balding is a sign of adrenal hyperactivity, which is another way of saying low thyroid/gonadal activity. Plain and simple.
And again, even peripheral DHT is not the villain. If it was, androgen receptor antagonists would have had benefit for hair loss and they don't.
Something I read from Rob over at perfect hair health, is he believes in the dermis, or periphery as you say, the androgens activate calcium induction. So he believes that dht would induce calcification of the scalp tissue.
I've heard of products like breezula which is strictly topical having an effect, also other antiandrogens that use liposomes to retain them in the skin.

Another thing that bothers me, that while not healthy, my TSH was 10 and I never had hairline recession until a drug like levothyroxine raised my estrogen, which was normally around 20, to excess and caused my body to go catabolic. I have been hypothyroid by classical definition and not had any hairline recession, this is confirmed because my TSh was higher, perhaps at 13, after a period of 'high testosterone' yet through using Vit D, mk7 and magensium my hairline recession ceased. Though I don't know my Free T3/T4 levels from that time

BONE

From my experience of battling hair loss for 10 years I can tell you that nothing so far has been more effective that dutasteride for me. The hair visibly thickened and the recession stopped dead in tracks. I still cannot regrow temples, but then again - it is pretty much impossible without a hair transplant. If you can find a guaranteed way to regrow temples and barren bald areas, you will become very rich, very, very fast.

Since money incentive is so huge and so far the best we have is hair transplants, it is safe to assume there is no way to safely regrow temple and barren scalp areas without turning yourself into a woman with hormones.

Arrade

From my experience of battling hair loss for 10 years I can tell you that nothing so far has been more effective that dutasteride for me. The hair visibly thickened and the recession stopped dead in tracks. I still cannot regrow temples, but then again - it is pretty much impossible without a hair transplant. If you can find a guaranteed way to regrow temples and barren bald areas, you will become very rich, very, very fast.

Since money incentive is so huge and so far the best we have is hair transplants, it is safe to assume there is no way to safely regrow temple and barren scalp areas without turning yourself into a woman with hormones.
Well companies can't make money off vitamins nearly as much as drugs, especially because of patents. Just like drugs cause side effects that require more meds
Once my estrogen and other hormones are in good balance I'm still putting my faith here:
Hair loss from DHT/Steroids? Think again...very interesting topic...

Arrade

I wish I had more evidence or someone had a direct argument to counter this, but I believe DHT causes fibrosis, thus blocking all dht will prevent any more scar tissue that blocks blood flow to the follicle. Perricular fibrosis is in the scalp, and fibrosis is part of atherosclerotic plaques.

BONE

Well companies can't make money off vitamins nearly as much as drugs, especially because of patents. Just like drugs cause side effects that require more meds
Once my estrogen and other hormones are in good balance I'm still putting my faith here:
Hair loss from DHT/Steroids? Think again...very interesting topic...

Listen, if anyone found a legitimate cure for male pattern baldness (not talking about other hair disorders). And I mean a legitimate cure that doesn't turn you into a woman (or harming your health severely, a little harm is ok) and that actually REVERSES baldness, then you'd hear it on baldtruth the next day. All the hair loss forums would be cheering and whomever found it would become the world's first trillionaire, since pretty much no man wants to go bald.

Since that is not the case and since there is pretty much ZERO evidence on anything except spironolactone (female hormones) and hair transplants curing balding areas such as the temples and making hair actually REGROW, then we can safely and logically conclude that such cure pretty much does not exist.

Just trust me on this. I've been in this field for a decade. I've tried everything. Experimental treatments, huge courses of various vitamins, anti androgens and so far the best thing for hair I found is Dutasteride. Think of it as finasteride but stronger. It helped me maintain hair for 8+ years and actually it became thicker on crown and top of my head. The corners (temples) are still completely barren. There is nothing available in the world right now that would regrow them. If there was, I'd be throwing money at it immediately, so the researcher behind it would be on Times magazine and swimming in cash.

There is stuff that works, true. One such thing is Lomatin aka oral minoxidil. But the bad side is that it will retain water and mess up your heart, potentially killing you.

The other stuff is spironolactone, the problem is it will render you infertile and turn you into a woman.

If there was stuff that actually properly regrew hair with little to no sides men around the world would be throwing money at it, since nobody wants to go bald.

Again, this is only for MALE PATTERN BALDNESS. Female baldness and alopeciate totalis can be treated with certain means. But males are for some reason destined to go bald.

Arrade

Listen, if anyone found a legitimate cure for male pattern baldness (not talking about other hair disorders). And I mean a legitimate cure that doesn't turn you into a woman (or harming your health severely, a little harm is ok) and that actually REVERSES baldness, then you'd hear it on baldtruth the next day. All the hair loss forums would be cheering and whomever found it would become the world's first trillionaire, since pretty much no man wants to go bald.

Since that is not the case and since there is pretty much ZERO evidence on anything except spironolactone (female hormones) and hair transplants curing balding areas such as the temples and making hair actually REGROW, then we can safely and logically conclude that such cure pretty much does not exist.

Just trust me on this. I've been in this field for a decade. I've tried everything. Experimental treatments, huge courses of various vitamins, anti androgens and so far the best thing for hair I found is Dutasteride. Think of it as finasteride but stronger. It helped me maintain hair for 8+ years and actually it became thicker on crown and top of my head. The corners (temples) are still completely barren. There is nothing available in the world right now that would regrow them. If there was, I'd be throwing money at it immediately, so the researcher behind it would be on Times magazine and swimming in cash.

There is stuff that works, true. One such thing is Lomatin aka oral minoxidil. But the bad side is that it will retain water and mess up your heart, potentially killing you.

The other stuff is spironolactone, the problem is it will render you infertile and turn you into a woman.

If there was stuff that actually properly regrew hair with little to no sides men around the world would be throwing money at it, since nobody wants to go bald.

Again, this is only for MALE PATTERN BALDNESS. Female baldness and alopeciate totalis can be treated with certain means. But males are for some reason destined to go bald.
lol bald truth talk is inept and a shill for hair transplants. They got brotzu lotion confused with Jak inhibitors, they really don't know anything. I'm sure they won't admit to anything but castration and transplants, as that's where the doctor gets his money.
I know all about dustateride, I know about Tsuji cloning hair follicles in japan, Brotzu in italy, Follica in the US, 3d printed hair follicles. I've read about every treatment coming out in the next 5 years.
I've read about anti androgens stronger than dutasteride as in Darolutamide, which doesn't cross the blood brain barrier but is an even stronger blocker of androgen action at the receptor.
I know minxodil was an oral medication originally used to treat hypertension. I bet you don't know minoxidil is a 5ar-inhibitor and receptor antagonist :
https://hrcak.srce.hr/file/284618 , Minoxidil may suppress androgen receptor-related functions

No offense but I probably know more of the current market and treaments for androgenetic alopecia than you. And I still believe in the calcifcation and bloodflow theory:
Androgenetic alopecia is associated with increased arterial stiffness in asymptomatic young adults. - PubMed - NCBI
Male pattern baldness and its association with coronary heart disease: a meta-analysis
Baldness and Myocardial Infarction in Men: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/jch.12871

BONE

Ok, if you know "more about the current market" and all that then please tell me which treatment to take to regrow my temple area.

In fact, if it works and I regrow hair there (and I can send you pics before and after) I will literally wire you 1000$ once they fill in by any method you prefer.

I'm actually serious. In fact, I'd pay WAY MORE if someone could give me a solution that actually REGROWS lost hair in TEMPLE REGION.

I really wish you are right and there is a solution. I'm TIRED of battling hair loss. It is a neverending shadow.

And I'm not the only one.

Can we agree to that?

EDIT: You linked to OMICS study, but OMICS is known to accept fraudulent papers: Data and Documents

"Despite OMICS’ claims to uphold high standards, the FTC says, many articles aren’t peer-reviewed, many of the scientists listed on editorial boards never agreed to appear there, and the publisher effectively holds manuscripts ransom by hiding its fees until the papers have been accepted, making it difficult for researchers to pull their articles and submit to other journals. The complaint also accuses the companies of deceiving scientists and the public through their promotion of conferences — meetings, the company boasts untruthfully, attended by high-profile researchers."

if study is legit why it isn't on the legit study .edu site? There was one where all the legit studies were published, something like nlch. edu or something

Last edited:

Luckytype

Too many people wont improve their hair or more importantly health because it takes too much commitment. Too many people "know" too much and place blame on single items or situations as opposed to procuring patience, zooming out and methodically attacking the malady as a whole.

BONE

Too many people wont improve their hair or more importantly health because it takes too much commitment. Too many people "know" too much and place blame on single items or situations as opposed to procuring patience, zooming out and methodically attacking the malady as a whole.
I think this is not true. People on forums are OBSESSED about their hair. To point of being suicidal. If there is something that works, they will find it.

Luckytype

I think this is not true. People on forums are OBSESSED about their hair. To point of being suicidal. If there is something that works, they will find it.

People are obsessed with getting it back, agreed. How many people are commited to getting it back. I see a ton of year commitments, a ton of throw medadoses of throw the whole closet at it for a few months. I dont see many posts of "I worked at it for 5 years and restored my hair".

Same goes for anything, plenty of wanters, plenty of quitters. Not so much a ton of commiters.

People are obsessed with getting it back, agreed. How many people are commited to getting it back. I see a ton of year commitments, a ton of throw medadoses of throw the whole closet at it for a few months. I dont see many posts of "I worked at it for 5 years and restored my hair".

Same good as my milkshake _ syndrome.

edit
milkjshake betaar milkshake beter

REOSIRENS

I wish I had more evidence or someone had a direct argument to counter this, but I believe DHT causes fibrosis, thus blocking all dht will prevent any more scar tissue that blocks blood flow to the follicle. Perricular fibrosis is in the scalp, and fibrosis is part of atherosclerotic plaques.
It's estrogen

Frankdee20

How is Taurine pro Dopaminergic ? It is a surrogate for GABA. It should inhibit Dopamine