Taurine Is Causing Bile Acid Problems

dq139

So I am taking Now brand taurine powder, and I can't take more than 2 or 3 grams per day with food without getting brutally intense bile reflux..why is this happening? I know taurine increases bile but NOW is the only taurine brand that does this too me. What can i do to stop it from happening?

yerrag

What is bile reflux? Is it the same thing as acid reflux but instead of acid it is bile? How do you know it is bile being refluxed and not something else?

OP
D

dq139

What is bile reflux? Is it the same thing as acid reflux but instead of acid it is bile? How do you know it is bile being refluxed and not something else?

Yes. Bile is a digestive fluid that is different than acid. Taurine powder is said to increase it. It shoots up into my throat, mouth and sinuses I notice and it burns...I never had that happen before from taurine so its confusing me

mouse

There's a thread on reddit where someone found that only NOW taurine (which he originally bought for his cat) was effective for his own health issue. Maybe there's a lot of fake taurine out there. I've tried taurine from a bunch of places and I think purebulk was closest to NOW in taste (but that was a while ago). The other bulk powders I've tried don't taste the same.

For the bile reflux, have you tried plain old lecithin granules on your food? I also saw someone say that vitamin E elminiated their bile reflux.

OP
D

dq139

There's a thread on reddit where someone found that only NOW taurine (which he originally bought for his cat) was effective for his own health issue. Maybe there's a lot of fake taurine out there. I've tried taurine from a bunch of places and I think purebulk was closest to NOW in taste (but that was a while ago). The other bulk powders I've tried don't taste the same.

For the bile reflux, have you tried plain old lecithin granules on your food? I also saw someone say that vitamin E elminiated their bile reflux.

I usually take vitamin e daily, but maybe I'll up the dosages when I'm on taurine.

Peater

So I am taking Now brand taurine powder, and I can't take more than 2 or 3 grams per day with food without getting brutally intense bile reflux..why is this happening? I know taurine increases bile but NOW is the only taurine brand that does this too me. What can i do to stop it from happening?

This makes sense with TUDCA being 'synthetic' ox bile!

tara

yerrag

I'm taking taurine as an osmolyte for the purpose of decreasing albumin leakage in urine. I've worked my way up to 9g/day, putting it in my drinking water. I've not experienced bile reflux though. I'm using a brand called MyNutrition made in UK.

nigma

I'm taking taurine as an osmolyte for the purpose of decreasing albumin leakage in urine. I've worked my way up to 9g/day, putting it in my drinking water. I've not experienced bile reflux though. I'm using a brand called MyNutrition made in UK.
Are you still doing this?

yerrag

Are you still doing this?
Not anymore. I don't know, but I haven't felt anything taking taurine. Perhaps it's not something that I'm anywhere deficient in. Or that my issues do not involve taking taurine to fix.

All the while I had thought I have some chronic kidney disease issue, but I'm getting to think that it's not so, but that's just my analysis of it. What is generally held as a kidney issue - albumin excretion in urine - microalbumunurua in my case, I'm now starting to see as a systemic vascular endothelial issue that involves chronic oxidative stress, where albumin is used as an antioxidant and gets oxidized. Oxidized albumin easily gets excreted.

Since there's no kidney issue, I think taking taurine is not needed in my case.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals