Taurine Improves Kidney Function (eGFR, Edema, Hyperuricemia)

yerrag

If it's that bad, chances are better to have a kidney transplant. If that is financially and physically a possibility. The kidney is a complex organ. It is easier to overhaul a car engine, but not a kidney. I am technically on stage 1 chronic kidney disease, based on my creatinine and urine albumin-creatinine ratio. Already, I'm having a hard time improving on these markers. The only consolation I get is that they've not gotten worse 15 years. At stage 4, it would be even harder.

I hope though that your husband's case is one that can see improvement by good advice from other members in the forum.

Mary Pruter

Cordyceps sinensis (a Chinese medicinal herb) for treating chronic kidney disease. People with chronic kidney disease (CKD) experience gradual worsening of kidney function. ... However, evidence quality was poor, and no definitive conclusions could be made about Cordyceps for people with CKD.Dec 18, 2014

Mary Pruter

If it's that bad, chances are better to have a kidney transplant. If that is financially and physically a possibility. The kidney is a complex organ. It is easier to overhaul a car engine, but not a kidney. I am technically on stage 1 chronic kidney disease, based on my creatinine and urine albumin-creatinine ratio. Already, I'm having a hard time improving on these markers. The only consolation I get is that they've not gotten worse 15 years. At stage 4, it would be even harder.

I hope though that your husband's case is one that can see improvement by good advice from other members in the forum.
Thank you and I hope and pray that you find good help also.

yerrag

Cordyceps sinensis (a Chinese medicinal herb) for treating chronic kidney disease. People with chronic kidney disease (CKD) experience gradual worsening of kidney function. ... However, evidence quality was poor, and no definitive conclusions could be made about Cordyceps for people with CKD.Dec 18, 2014
TCM Meds will always be facing an uphill climb when judged based on the logic of western conventional medicine. The evidence they seek can only be reached when funding of millions, or even billions, of dollars is available. Such evidence is such a high bar that only patented drugs can be funded with that money. Anything else is going to be considered anecdotal, and is the mud big pharma throws at alternative substances.

We have to use other standards as our basis for healing ourselves. The evidence-based medicine model leaves us with substances that usually makes us sicker and more dependent on more 'evidence-based' drugs. Relying on this model of medicine, the US has become the model for the most costly yet the most ineffective medical system. The current COVID-19 crisis speaks to that in the most damming way.

yerrag

Thank you and I hope and pray that you find good help also.
Thank you. I've not seen doctors and don't take blood pressure lowering drugs. I believe that has helped me arrest the deterioration of my kidneys, although I'm quite stubborn in spurning the advice of doctors, conventional and alternative, and of well-meaning friends. They all feared high blood pressure is the cause of kidney deterioration. I believe otherwise.

Mary Pruter

TCM Meds will always be facing an uphill climb when judged based on the logic of western conventional medicine. The evidence they seek can only be reached when funding of millions, or even billions, of dollars is available. Such evidence is such a high bar that only patented drugs can be funded with that money. Anything else is going to be considered anecdotal, and is the mud big pharma throws at alternative substances.

We have to use other standards as our basis for healing ourselves. The evidence-based medicine model leaves us with substances that usually makes us sicker and more dependent on more 'evidence-based' drugs. Relying on this model of medicine, the US has become the model for the most costly yet the most ineffective medical system. The current COVID-19 crisis speaks to that in the most damming way.
Yes, I understand that and it's very sad. Seems the doctors give him no hope. I'm not sure about the dosing of these mushrooms. Just how much is aggressive and how much may be dangerous?

lampofred

Yes, I understand that and it's very sad. Seems the doctors give him no hope. I'm not sure about the dosing of these mushrooms. Just how much is aggressive and how much may be dangerous?

Have you emailed Dr. Peat?

David PS

Last edited:
My husband in in a very good university hospital. He finally felt so horrible that he decided to. He is in end stage 4 of cirrhosis of the liver. They have stated that his kidneys are so bad that they cannot tap the abdomen to remove the fluid. The fluid is not in a pocket or bubble but all over. He has stopped eating mostly. He will have about 4-6 bites of food every other day. He has only gone into the hospital yesterday morning in Hope's that draining the abdomen and doing blood transfusions may stop this. A friends mother had this done 10 years ago, even lost a kidney, didn't need a liver transplant and she's made a complete turn around and has been fine. They have given some meds to my husband to "perk up" his kidneys a little to help him relieve some fluid. They gave him a strong laxative and he had many BM's throughout the night. As a result he's feeling much better. However they say that his kidneys are so bad that they are going to send him home tomorrow in hospice care to live out the rest of his life days to maybe 3 weeks. He hasn't wanted any alchohol for 5 days now. Please! Tell me if there is anything that could bring his kidneys back. His urine was coffee colored but I gave him baking soda and salt and also gave him Braggs ACV which turned his urine yellow again and took away his back pain.

very sorry about your husband. Good idea you have. Activated charcoal can help with cascara to speed bowel transit time. Taurine can be very good and also niacinamide and thiamine.

Mary Pruter

I was told to keep fatty acids at bay and to do Vitamin E, Niacinamide and aspirin. Should I give coffee as well or would that be worse. I know that if I'm drinking a lot of water I do not have to urinate very often at all but if I drink a coke, I'm going every 10 minutes uncontrollably for 2 hours!

Mary Pruter

Also, are good fats okay, salmon, avocado, or should that be kept low and what IS low if so? Once a day with a meal. He is only eating a few bites of food a day or every other day.

Mary Pruter

Once cream is okay? I was thinking of berry smoothy with almond milk. Can you tell me what types of meats are low in fatty acids. I was told to keep fatty acids low by Haudit, I know I spelled that wrong!

Mary Pruter

Also, are good fats okay, salmon, avocado, or should that be kept low and what IS low if so? Once a day with a meal. He is only eating a few bites of food a day or every other day.
I didn't mean, are good fats okay, I meant what good fats are okay? Lamb, salmon, avocado, chicken?

lampofred

I don't know his email and didn't know the man was still alive.

I PMed you his email. Also I think adding potato juice to the diet might be helpful. Most protein causes strain on the kidneys but protein is necessary to restore strength so it's kind of a catch-22, but potato juice has protein precursors which don't cause strain on the kidneys which turn into usable protein in the body. Fruits and bone broth may be helpful as well.

Last edited:

lampofred

I didn't mean, are good fats okay, I meant what good fats are okay? Lamb, salmon, avocado, chicken?

Peat says saturated fats are helpful, PUFA is damaging.

Coconut oil, bone broth (for gelatin), fruits, potato protein (maybe juiced), and milk is probably best for the kidneys. I would avoid meat except for maybe small amounts of liver. I would also increase vitamin D intake and increase sunlight/red light exposure if possible. I think coffee is also good for kidneys but I would approach it cautiously since it can increase ammonia.

Progesterone/pregnenolone might also help but I'm not sure. Peat might suggest it via email.

Peat has recommended juiced potatoes before for people in very debilitated conditions.

lampofred

If he is at the hospital I would make sure he is never put on a pure oxygen ventilator. Peat says excess oxygen paradoxically causes hypoxia and can lead to death and that oxygen needs to be given in combination with 5% carbon dioxide (carbogen).

If not on a ventilator of any sort, prolonged bag breathing (to increase carbon dioxide) might also be helpful to increase circulation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals