Taurine Enhances Aspirin Absorption

haidut

Forum Supporter
Given how similar taurine is structurally to glycine, this is not surprising but I wanted to post it anyways as an extra option for people who do not have access to glycine powder/tablets but have taurine.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7277191

"...Aspirin absorption from the stomach or the small intestine was enhanced by the presence of taurine, but not from the large intestine. The absorption enhancement effect of taurine was not only site-specific, but also substrate-specific. Taurine increased the absorption of aminopyrine from the small intestine, but not from the stomach. On the other hand, the absorption of salicylamide, o-methoxybenzoic acid and o-ethoxybenzoic acid was enhanced in the stomach, although they were not influenced in the small intestine. Furthermore, among the taurine analogues investigated only homotaurine showed the taurine-like action in the small intestine. Glycine also increased the gastric absorption of aspirin. These effects were observed neither by the pretreatment of the intestine with taurine, nor by i.v. administered taurine. Taurine at the site of drug absorption, even at a low concentration, seems to influence the drug absorption due to its effect on the permeability characteristics of the mucosal membrane."

jaa

I remember reading a thread with a dosage (e.g. 3 x 1.5g daily) for a total amount (e.g. 500g) and that the replenishing effects of that amount would last for a period (e.g. 6 months), but I can't remember the amounts or locate the thread. Does anyone else know those numbers?

Vinero

Isn't increased permeability of the mucosal membrane a bad thing? I mean, toxins and endotoxin also absorb easier if taurine has that effect..

johnwester130

glycine

100px-Glycin_-_Glycine.svg.png

taurine

512px-Taurine.svg.png

Why does peat say these are similar ??

It would appear they are not.

Velve921

Given how similar taurine is structurally to glycine, this is not surprising but I wanted to post it anyways as an extra option for people who do not have access to glycine powder/tablets but have taurine.

Effect of taurine on drug absorption from the rat gastrointestinal tract. - PubMed - NCBI

"...Aspirin absorption from the stomach or the small intestine was enhanced by the presence of taurine, but not from the large intestine. The absorption enhancement effect of taurine was not only site-specific, but also substrate-specific. Taurine increased the absorption of aminopyrine from the small intestine, but not from the stomach. On the other hand, the absorption of salicylamide, o-methoxybenzoic acid and o-ethoxybenzoic acid was enhanced in the stomach, although they were not influenced in the small intestine. Furthermore, among the taurine analogues investigated only homotaurine showed the taurine-like action in the small intestine. Glycine also increased the gastric absorption of aspirin. These effects were observed neither by the pretreatment of the intestine with taurine, nor by i.v. administered taurine. Taurine at the site of drug absorption, even at a low concentration, seems to influence the drug absorption due to its effect on the permeability characteristics of the mucosal membrane."

Recently, I’ve been experimenting with Epsom salt, aspirin, and niacinamide baths.... Unreal results.

Then, I tried adding taurine to the tub on top of everything else. It could have been the most sustainable blood sugar on low amounts of food I’ve found thus far.

I took the bath in the morning and I could go all day with 1200 calories which is unprecedented for me.

Could this potentially add up in some way with this study? Have you experimented with baths such as this?

Jem Oz

Recently, I’ve been experimenting with Epsom salt, aspirin, and niacinamide baths.... Unreal results.

Then, I tried adding taurine to the tub on top of everything else. It could have been the most sustainable blood sugar on low amounts of food I’ve found thus far.

How much of each substance are you adding to the bath? Looks interesting

Velve921

How much of each substance are you adding to the bath? Looks interesting

1 cup of Epsom salt - last night tried 2 cups
325mg of aspirin - last night worked up to 500mg
100mg of niacinamide - today tried 300mg
1 gram of taurine

A friend recommended higher by I wanted to be conservative so I could avoid adverse reactions.

Note: For the aspirin tablets, I hold them underneath the faucet to make sure they dissolve completely before I get in the bath.

Jem Oz

1 cup of Epsom salt - last night tried 2 cups
325mg of aspirin - last night worked up to 500mg
100mg of niacinamide - today tried 300mg
1 gram of taurine

A friend recommended higher by I wanted to be conservative so I could avoid adverse reactions.

Note: For the aspirin tablets, I hold them underneath the faucet to make sure they dissolve completely before I get in the bath.

Thanks. I'm a long time Epsom bather, and I think getting those other supps transdermally is a good move for anyone who's giving their digestion a rest (or in the case of aspirin, who has the H.Pylori bacteria or gastritis). Looking forward to trying it.

Inaut

Is as little as 325mg of aspirin in a tub of water really going to do much ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals