charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nice!

Cool thanks!

Lejeboca

Thanks for posting @Mauritio .
Just a note from this study that rodents were per-treated with taurine:

In conclusion, the results of the present study indicated that taurine pretreatment protected the liver against LPS-induced injury by increasing its antioxidation and anti-inflammation ability, which were associated with the increased expression of HO-1 protein and reduced expression levels of NF-κB, COX-2 and p-ERK proteins. The findings suggested that taurine reduced NF-κB/COX-2 signaling by activation of HO-1/CO.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Thanks for posting @Mauritio .
Just a note from this study that rodents were per-treated with taurine:

In conclusion, the results of the present study indicated that taurine pretreatment protected the liver against LPS-induced injury by increasing its antioxidation and anti-inflammation ability, which were associated with the increased expression of HO-1 protein and reduced expression levels of NF-κB, COX-2 and p-ERK proteins. The findings suggested that taurine reduced NF-κB/COX-2 signaling by activation of HO-1/CO.
Yes thanks for mentioning . So it's another reason to have it before something that causes LPS like alcohol or specific foods.

Geronimo

Taurine is the single most interesting supplement in the world, followed by pregnenolone, creatine and niacinamide. It's role in bile salts, liver health, inflammation, gut health, immune function, blood sugar, calcium signaling and testosterone is so ubiquitous.
I megadosed it at 10g yesterday. I felt the best I've felt in years for about 6 hours, followed by feeling kinda wobbly and weird. I need to get the dosage right.
Since candida produces beta-alanine and beta-alanine makes your body lose taurine, anyone who suspects they've ever had candida should really look into taurine. Especially if you don't eat much seafood, since cooking red meat beyond very rare destroys a lot of it.

dukesbobby777

Taurine is the single most interesting supplement in the world, followed by pregnenolone, creatine and niacinamide. It's role in bile salts, liver health, inflammation, gut health, immune function, blood sugar, calcium signaling and testosterone is so ubiquitous.
I megadosed it at 10g yesterday. I felt the best I've felt in years for about 6 hours, followed by feeling kinda wobbly and weird. I need to get the dosage right.
Since candida produces beta-alanine and beta-alanine makes your body lose taurine, anyone who suspects they've ever had candida should really look into taurine. Especially if you don't eat much seafood, since cooking red meat beyond very rare destroys a lot of it.

Só it’s a fragile amino acid? I’ve never seen that said before. Does cooking destroy other amino acids as well? The raw foodies would be all over that information!

duckduck

This is from hackyourgut.com.
"Cooking doesn’t damage taurine. But taurine isn’t bound to other proteins in cells, it floats around in cellular fluids. So if I cut in to a raw steak I’ll break some cells open which will cause a small amount of taurine to leak out. If I grind it in to ground beef, I’ll lose much more. If I cook it, any fluid lost will also contain taurine. Those juices you toss…Bye bye taurine. Overcooking the steak till it’s like shoe leather…Bye bye taurine."

Frankdee20

I don’t think anyone needs ten grams of Taurine.... It’s a non essential amino acid... You can probably do just fine on 2 grams with food twice or three times daily

ddjd

watch out and make sure you don't deplete your b6 too much, too much taurine can do that.

Hgreen56

you also said taurine raise prolactin and because of that, your hair was falling out
(open attachment, right click on picture -> view image. Left click on picture (its zooms in a little) Hold ctr and scroll with mouse wheel to zoom in further)

Attachments

• taurine increase prolactine.png
    taurine increase prolactine.png
    276.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

boris

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Guys I couldnt find anything on taurine raising prolactin and depleting B6 . Any other thoughts?

Actually it's been used by people as a anti balding ,pro hair supplement .

Ismail

Ismail

Guys I couldnt find anything on taurine raising prolactin and depleting B6 . Any other thoughts?

Actually it's been used by people as a anti balding ,pro hair supplement .

- The stimulation of prolactin secretion by taurine: studies on the site of action - PubMed

- Effect of taurine on growth hormone and prolactin secretion in rats: possible interaction with opioid peptidergic system - PubMed

I just quickly looked at these and haven't looked in-depth, however it seems that the taurine raising prolactin (on rats) was because "...Taurine was found to stimulate prolactin secretion only when microinfused into the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus. Taurine was not effective in other areas of the hypothalamus or in several extra-hypothalamic sites."

Taurine solution was directly injected into the hypothalamus - does this prolactin release occur with normal oral intake in humans? I don't know.

Hope this helps.

P

Peatness

Effects and Mechanisms of Taurine as a Therapeutic Agent​

Taurine deficiency and MELAS are closely related syndromes

Last edited by a moderator: