Taurine Constipation

Jing

I've taken taurine various times and each time I take it I get constipation,it gives me rabbit poos lol, it also stops me needing to wipe lots of times I normally have to wipe loads after going toliet but everytime I take taurine I only have to wipe once or twice so I kind off prefer to have abit of constipation but not have to wipe loads, just wondering why taurine does this anyone know? Also what is the cause of needing to wipe loads after going toliet? I have had this nearly all my life and I can't pin point it to foods I eat I just seem to always have it unless I take taurine.

fradon

taurine increases stomach acid and bile. bile and makes fat better to absorb. when you have fat malabsorption poo can be runny or mushy. if find taking calcium supplements will do the same thing as calcium can bind to fat and other elements in the colon making the poo nice and clean.

RePeatRePeat

Taurine is something I tried a few years ago. 1 gram gave me nearly explosive diarrhea so I never touched it again. Until a few weeks ago, that is. I have been slowly getting healthier and taurine is now something I cannot imagine going without. I started with 500 mg and now use 1 g daily. BUT, the rabbit poop constipation is awful. I had it even with 500 mg, so it is not a question of dosage. Does anyone know why this happens?

I started eating a lot more butter thinking it would help. It moistens the track a bit but does nothing to prevent the compact little balls and only slightly helps to evacuate them. Before taking taurine, I had not been eating a carrot salad because I had daily, easy, full bowel movements every morning and sometimes again later in the day. Two days ago I began eating a raw carrot in the afternoon. Too soon to tell, but I am hoping that solves the problem.

Again, does anyone know why taurine has this effect? It must not happen with everyone or it would not be so popular! It is great for keeping me calm and thinking more productively. If it helps produce more bile then fats are being digested more easily and completely, I would guess. Wouldn't that make for even better poops? Does one simply need to consume more fluid daily when taking taurine? What is the mechanism behind it pulling every possible bit of fluid from the intestines?

Your help is appreciated.

Frankdee20

Is it not involved in regulating the proper water and mineral ratio in the cell ? Try taking Magnesium Citrate along with Taurine. That will send anyone to the bathroom. It actually draws water into the stool.

BigChad

Is it not involved in regulating the proper water and mineral ratio in the cell ? Try taking Magnesium Citrate along with Taurine. That will send anyone to the bathroom. It actually draws water into the stool.

What the hell makes taurine constipate though. I get it with 1g taurine a day. Is it some sort of temporary effect from cleaning the liver? Its annoying trying to implement taurine when it does this at 1g

Frankdee20

What the hell makes taurine constipate though. I get it with 1g taurine a day. Is it some sort of temporary effect from cleaning the liver? Its annoying trying to implement taurine when it does this at 1g

I have never gotten this effect, and take about 1-4 grams on average, whenever I used it.

BigChad

I have never gotten this effect, and take about 1-4 grams on average, whenever I used it.

What do you get when you use taurine, digestive wise? Improved digestion, no difference, diarrhea/constipation?
Which product did you use. nutrabio capsules or some powder?

@Jing I got this affect too not sure why but I threw out my supplement after only a few days which was a waste of money. I would say take the whole bottle and assess if anything changes. Maybe it is helping you digest food better.

Frankdee20

What do you get when you use taurine, digestive wise? Improved digestion, no difference, diarrhea/constipation?
Which product did you use. nutrabio capsules or some powder?

I definately notice the increased bile secretions, sometimes that feels acidic, but no GI issues to report. I have used Pure Encapsulations, Jarrow, and Now brands. I cannot say any of them worked better, but obviosly paying 4 times the amount for the Pure brand gives me piece of mind that it is actually legit. LOL

Frankdee20

Take Magnesium with it, I always go to the bathroom every morning, thanks to Magnesium.

BigChad

Take Magnesium with it, I always go to the bathroom every morning, thanks to Magnesium.

have you compared taurine to tudca?
I did take 200mg magnesium with it. Digestive transit is fine with taurine and magnesium, but, with just magnesium without taurine its much better.
Taurine seems to constipate massively, which then causes water retention and swelling significantly as well. In the stomach and legs and more.
I wonder if it's due to years of using beta alanine, or some sulfur intolerance of some sort? I heard taurine can feed sulfur feeding bacteria. Or maybe if you supplement b6 and eat cysteine and methionine regularly, maybe you already have excess taurine and should not supplement it?

Frankdee20

Go higher on the Magnesium, I tolerate and need 900-1200 MG most days. I never used TUDCA, and do not even know what that is.

Frankdee20

I do not mean I need that much to go to the bathroom. I do not think this has ever happened to me from Taurine, and no bloating either.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals