Taurine causes nerve pain issues. Niacinamide heals. What's the mechanism??

ddjd

Hi guys,

I discussed in a previous post that my taurine experimentation started causing nerve issues. After daily supplementation of about 2-4g I eventually start getting sciatic nerve pain, which actually turned out to be quite bothersome.

I was worried that it might be irreversible but I found that Niacinamide completely healed the issue and it's completely cleared up.

Does anyone have any ideas what the mechanism could be that's going on here??

What could taurine be increasing or depleting which Niacinamide somehow makes up for??

lampofred

Watching thread in case anyone has ideas because I'm interested in learning the mechanism behind this too.

If I had to guess maybe taurine is increasing phosphate and niacinamide is lowering phosphate. But that is completely a guess, very good chance that that's totally off.

Another guess is that taurine is somehow raising lactate and niacinamide is lowering lactate?

Taurine might also somehow be lowering NAD/NADH ratio by increasing NADH and niacinamide replenishes NAD.

I don't know if any of those guesses are helpful. Lol sorry.

ReSTART

Being taking 3g taurine for months and haven't noticed anything with nerve pain.

Yucca

I take taurine on and off, between 4 and 15g (!!) for about 15-20 years, and never felt any pain from it.
On the contrary, it was the very only thing who could make me avoid tetany and bad cramping the night after after heavy squat sessions...
And it normalizes noticeably heart beat quicker after trainings, also

equipoise

I take taurine on and off, between 4 and 15g (!!) for about 15-20 years, and never felt any pain from it.
On the contrary, it was the very only thing who could make me avoid tetany and bad cramping the night after after heavy squat sessions...
Taurine is good.stuff, albeit has a chance to up the prolactin.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

You've taken it for 20 years??? Wow. Have you noticed any anti aging effects??

Yucca

On and off. Not on a regular basis. But the 1st times I looked for taurine, I had to order from USA, as it wasn’t easily available anywhere in my country, and even in Europe...

i don’t see specially any anti aging effect, but I take many other things, so I can’t say taurine is really effective for this. I think I look much better than the other men of my age (54) so maybe it counts in some way...

taurine is certainly the supplement I take for the longest duration, also with vit.D maybe.

equipoise

On and off. Not on a regular basis. But the 1st times I looked for taurine, I had to order from USA, as it wasn’t easily available anywhere in my country, and even in Europe...

i don’t see specially any anti aging effect, but I take many other things, so I can’t say taurine is really effective for this. I think I look much better than the other men of my age (54) so maybe it counts in some way...

taurine is certainly the supplement I take for the longest duration, also with vit.D maybe.
It's crazy how average fella looks like at age 50. Jared Leto looks crazy good for his age

Dr. B

Hi guys,

I discussed in a previous post that my taurine experimentation started causing nerve issues. After daily supplementation of about 2-4g I eventually start getting sciatic nerve pain, which actually turned out to be quite bothersome.

I was worried that it might be irreversible but I found that Niacinamide completely healed the issue and it's completely cleared up.

Does anyone have any ideas what the mechanism could be that's going on here??

What could taurine be increasing or depleting which Niacinamide somehow makes up for??
hey mate, I forgot about this but randomly remembered.

the body normally makes taurine via cysteine and vitamin b6 so its possible by supplementing taurine, you're sparing b6 and cysteine. b6 excess is related to nerve pain and damage. its possible niacinamide maybe depletes b6 somehow?

taurine can also deplete beta alanine or carnosine, and possibly b5 pantothenic acid. theres random sites/sources mentioning pantothenic acid can deplete taurine, I assume reverse could also be true?

thats a large dosage, not sure if theres benefits to supplementing that high. it has a constipating effect for me so i dont use taurine. it also seems to slow everything down, and does have an anti anxiety effect

OP
ddjd

ddjd

hey mate, I forgot about this but randomly remembered.

the body normally makes taurine via cysteine and vitamin b6 so its possible by supplementing taurine, you're sparing b6 and cysteine. b6 excess is related to nerve pain and damage. its possible niacinamide maybe depletes b6 somehow?

taurine can also deplete beta alanine or carnosine, and possibly b5 pantothenic acid. theres random sites/sources mentioning pantothenic acid can deplete taurine, I assume reverse could also be true?

thats a large dosage, not sure if theres benefits to supplementing that high. it has a constipating effect for me so i dont use taurine. it also seems to slow everything down, and does have an anti anxiety effect
Mr. Bollox appreciate the reply on this one. I think you're right. The excess b6 is possibly causing the nerve damage.

I'll look into those other things you mentioned but it made me think taurine also depletes Glycine, so could also be related to that

Dr. B

Mr. Bollox appreciate the reply on this one. I think you're right. The excess b6 is possibly causing the nerve damage.

I'll look into those other things you mentioned but it made me think taurine also depletes Glycine, so could also be related to that
maybe, its also sulfur based so that could cause issues of its own... like some people said sulfur depletes thiamine. not sure if that means only sulfites added to foods, or any sulfuric amino acids supplemented...
taurine depleting glycine is concerning...
is that due to cysteine depleting glycine or taurines own effect...
glycine is used to manufacture both glutathione and creatine...
the other aminos for creatine are methionine arginine and choline
glutathione also needs cysteine and glutamine...
im not sure of amounts needed but glycine seems more valuable, as its used for both of those...

Wolf

Could be something as simple as a bad source of taurine or one of the mechanisms listed above.
A safe bet is to try the Ajinomoto Taurine for a cycle and see if that affects you the same way.
At least for me it turned out the bulk powder taurine I had picked up was bad in some way or another and was causing issues.

Dr. B

Could be something as simple as a bad source of taurine or one of the mechanisms listed above.
A safe bet is to try the Ajinomoto Taurine for a cycle and see if that affects you the same way.
At least for me it turned out the bulk powder taurine I had picked up was bad in some way or another and was causing issues.
whats special about that taurine is that the pharma grade taurine similar to creapure creatine

Wolf

whats special about that taurine is that the pharma grade taurine similar to creapure creatine
Yes.
Funny enough I googled it just now and found a source that was not there last time I was looking for a new brand and it’s available as a powder from life giving store now apparently.

Dr. B

Yes.
Funny enough I googled it just now and found a source that was not there last time I was looking for a new brand and it’s available as a powder from life giving store now apparently.
I wonder if any taurine is still sourced from bull semen/testicle? apparently that was the previous (cheap) source, until they found chemical synthesis which is even cheaper...
ox bile supplements are still sold
its pretty crazy TUDCA supplements used to be extracted from bear liver or organs but now thats also synthesized or sometimes from chicken...
the side effects may be due to the modern day sourcing issues like with vitamin c and pregnenolone and even vitamin e

OP
ddjd

ddjd

its pretty crazy TUDCA supplements used to be extracted from bear liver or organs
its still going on throughout asia- just terrible that bears are locked up in tiny cages with a hole to their gallbladder leaking out bile. absolutely horrendous.....