Taurine And Libido

Constatine

I've never heard that Constantine.
These studies seem to suggest the opposite.
Zinc: an inhibitor of prolactin (PRL) secretion in humans. Zinc: an inhibitor of prolactin (PRL) secretion in humans. - PubMed - NCBI
Effect of oral zinc administration on prolactin and thymulin circulating levels in patients with chronic renal failure. Effect of oral zinc administration on prolactin and thymulin circulating levels in patients with chronic renal failure. - PubMed - NCBI
Weird, perhaps it is the dosage that makes the difference. I got the prolactin idea from this study: Effects of zinc supplementation on sexual behavior of male rats

OP
J

Jing

You seem to be similar to me too.

What about Zinc supplements?
No increase from zinc can't say I notice anything from zinc tbh , I'm here up in the middle of the night not being able to sleep as I stopped taking taurine Don't know what to do tbh it's frustrating.

Anders86

What is low libido? I believe serotonin fantasizes sex and get you aroused. But with high gaba and dopamin you get aroused in the moment. Is low libido less sexual thoughts or flaccid penis during intercourse?

Last edited:
OP
J

Jing

What is low libido? I believe serotonin fantasizes sex and get you aroused. But with high gaba and dopamin you get aroused in the moment. Is low libido less sexual thoughts or flaccid penis during intercourse?
It's feeling castrated and having no sexual thoughts, due to having no feeling it's very hard to maintain an erection and there is no sensation and no interest so sex is just boring.

Anders86

Ok. How many days have it been since you last had orgasm? If fapping is boring it is a good sign, if sex is boring its a bad sign..

OP
J

Jing

Ok. How many days have it been since you last had orgasm? If fapping is boring it is a good sign, if sex is boring its a bad sign..
6 days since I last had an orgasm .. I only get this with stuff that increases Gaba or helps my sleep otherwise I can have quite a high sex drive lots of the time. I go through stages of having very high sex drive and just a normal sex drive but if I take things that raise Gaba such as taurine I can feel castrated.

I’ve been taking about 10g a day from Life Giving Store (very good quality, A+++++ in every way by the way) and as always I have a strong libido and great erections and sex is as amazing as always.

TMI maybe: It is turning my feces a bit black, but I suppose that’s okay.

I am finding that it helps reduce my headaches in frequency and severity. Lots of things seemed to do that but didn’t. This may be another false hope but I’m working on it and it does seem to be helping so far.

I believe taurine increases prolactin which may account for the OP’s problem.

I am taking a bit of metergoline though, which probably lowers prolactin enough to offset any taurine effects in that direction.

John51

I’ve been taking about 10g a day from Life Giving Store (very good quality, A+++++ in every way by the way) and as always I have a strong libido and great erections and sex is as amazing as always.

TMI maybe: It is turning my feces a bit black, but I suppose that’s okay.

I am finding that it helps reduce my headaches in frequency and severity. Lots of things seemed to do that but didn’t. This may be another false hope but I’m working on it and it does seem to be helping so far.

I believe taurine increases prolactin which may account for the OP’s problem.

I am taking a bit of metergoline though, which probably lowers prolactin enough to offset any taurine effects in that direction.

best combination of supplements for libido in your opinion?

I believe that prolactin elevations are caused by dopamine elevations in the first place. Physiological adaptation and homeostasis. Taurine is no different, many studies show its dopaminergic effect. I wonder what makes some prone to no libido or high libido, when 2 different people are taking the same supplement. Perhaps it’s a matter of baseline levels of neurotransmitters, dopamine mostly, which triggers prolactin activity if going too high. I don’t know.

Vitamin E is probably the best (and peat friendly) supplement to reduce prolactin centrally. That said, with regards to dopaminergic supplements, more definitely isn’t better.

Don't dig that deep. Taurine can lower blood sugar, stable blood sugar is what you need for sexual arousal. That's it, simple.

Kingpinguin

I've been taking 2 grams of taurine recently and it's been helping with my sleep but it's caused me to have no libido I literally feel castrated this seems to happen with everything that helps with my sleep so how do you get a good sleep while still having libido?

Odd I’ve taken 5-10 grams taurine daily for 2 months straight. 0 side effects. Gives me great sleep.

Don't dig that deep. Taurine can lower blood sugar, stable blood sugar is what you need for sexual arousal. That's it, simple.

It’s much more than that. Taurine increases prolactin secretion.

https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/123027
The neuraliy depressant amino acid taurine and related metabolites were tested for their ability to alter prolactin (PRL) secretion in conscious, unrestrained male rats. The intraventricular infusion oftaurine (0.2 and 2.0 μmol) elicited a significant increase in PRL secretion. Hypotaurine (0.2 and 2.0 μmol), cysteic acid (2.0 μmol), mannitol (2.0 μmol) and 0.9% saline were ineffective in altering PRL secretion. When infused directly into the pituitary of conscious, unrestrained male rats none of the substances tested stimulated PRL secretion. Taurine (50.0 μmol) was similarly ineffective in stimulating PRL secretion when an in vitro pituitary preparation was used. These studies indicate that taurine is capable of stimulating PRL secretion in the male rat. This effect appears to be mediated centrally, presumably at the hypothalamus.

Kunstruct

If so many GABA drugs increase prolactin (not saying all of them), why anything else that increases GABA would not increase Prolactin, in this cause Taurine.
Besides context is different in everyone at least hormonal, why should all expect the same thing from the same thing, for example should all take Trazodone because some people have reported priapism?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
It’s much more than that. Taurine increases prolactin secretion.

https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/123027
The neuraliy depressant amino acid taurine and related metabolites were tested for their ability to alter prolactin (PRL) secretion in conscious, unrestrained male rats. The intraventricular infusion oftaurine (0.2 and 2.0 μmol) elicited a significant increase in PRL secretion. Hypotaurine (0.2 and 2.0 μmol), cysteic acid (2.0 μmol), mannitol (2.0 μmol) and 0.9% saline were ineffective in altering PRL secretion. When infused directly into the pituitary of conscious, unrestrained male rats none of the substances tested stimulated PRL secretion. Taurine (50.0 μmol) was similarly ineffective in stimulating PRL secretion when an in vitro pituitary preparation was used. These studies indicate that taurine is capable of stimulating PRL secretion in the male rat. This effect appears to be mediated centrally, presumably at the hypothalamus.

Therefore, this means it can contribute to hair thinning/hair loss.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals