Taurine and Choline for Cholesterol ?

Frankdee20

I have used Taurine before on again and off again, at various doses.... Perhaps never using enough .... I never noticed a reduction in cholesterol though .... last checked at 230..... I also want to use regular old choline since eggs have so much cholesterol and fat .... it can help mobilize fat and Triglycerides (I have this issue too) out of the liver ..... I have not ever been told I have fatty liver and enzymes all are okay ...... I am going to begin Tyromix to see if it can help lower cholesterol ...... my question is can taurine (say 4 grams) and choline theoretically help lower lipids ?

sweetpeat

Taurine at 3 grams worked for me, though my cholesterol wasn't as high as yours. I posted about it here and you may find @NathanK 's post in that thread interesting as well.

I've not tried choline.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Taurine at 3 grams worked for me, though my cholesterol wasn't as high as yours. I posted about it here and you may find @NathanK 's post in that thread interesting as well.

I've not tried choline.
Nice and thank you ! What brand did you use ? I may go with a powder

P

Peatness

I have used Taurine before on again and off again, at various doses.... Perhaps never using enough .... I never noticed a reduction in cholesterol though .... last checked at 230..... I also want to use regular old choline since eggs have so much cholesterol and fat .... it can help mobilize fat and Triglycerides (I have this issue too) out of the liver ..... I have not ever been told I have fatty liver and enzymes all are okay ...... I am going to begin Tyromix to see if it can help lower cholesterol ...... my question is can taurine (say 4 grams) and choline theoretically help lower lipids ?
Did you manage to low cholesterol? If so did tyromix help?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I was unable to use Thyroid because it gave me anxiety. I have not checked my labs in about two years. Just started taking supplements again. I’m guessing high insoluble fiber diet from oats and barley would help the situation. We shall see, been abusing alcohol the last two years and that probably won’t help. But since I’ve replenished my Magnesium reserves, I find that I don’t need as much alcohol to feel good. I believe magnesium helps with the 5HT1A receptor sensitivity and helps NMDA receptor as well. Who knows

Jessie

I think Taurine would help, but I don't know about choline. Choline's job is to export fat from the liver, so it will reduce fat accumulation on the liver. Ostensibly that's a good thing. But it may come at the cost of lowering your lipids, because when the fat gets exported it will likely be used for more cholesterol synthesis.

I think your triglycerides can be lowered with biotin and/or niacinamide.

redsun

I think Taurine would help, but I don't know about choline. Choline's job is to export fat from the liver, so it will reduce fat accumulation on the liver. Ostensibly that's a good thing. But it may come at the cost of lowering your lipids, because when the fat gets exported it will likely be used for more cholesterol synthesis.

I think your triglycerides can be lowered with biotin and/or niacinamide.

Not only do you need choline to get fats out of the liver, it will also increase cholesterol elimination through bile. So it should actually lower cholesterol by increasing lecithin synthesis:

"Choline which is absorbed from the intestine produced no change in bile salt pool size or secretion rate. However, with each increment in dietary choline, biliary lecithin as well as cholesterol secretion rates were significantly increased. The results demonstrate that although bile salt is required for biliary lecithin secretion, the magnitude of secretion is principally dependent upon the extent of biliary lecithin synthesis, which in turn may be regulated by the amount of dietary choline. Results further indicate that biliary cholesterol secretion is more closely linked to lecithin than to bile salt secretion. These findings would therefore suggest that lecithin secretion might be independently manipulated when bile salt is deficient to achieve enhanced biliary cholesterol transport."

@Frankdee20
You should aim for at least 800 mg of total choline from food and supplements. More would be better.

Last edited:

Jessie

Not only do you need choline to get fats out of the liver, it will also increase cholesterol elimination through bile. So it should actually lower cholesterol by increasing lecithin synthesis:

"Choline which is absorbed from the intestine produced no change in bile salt pool size or secretion rate. However, with each increment in dietary choline, biliary lecithin as well as cholesterol secretion rates were significantly increased. The results demonstrate that although bile salt is required for biliary lecithin secretion, the magnitude of secretion is principally dependent upon the extent of biliary lecithin synthesis, which in turn may be regulated by the amount of dietary choline. Results further indicate that biliary cholesterol secretion is more closely linked to lecithin than to bile salt secretion. These findings would therefore suggest that lecithin secretion might be independently manipulated when bile salt is deficient to achieve enhanced biliary cholesterol transport."

@Frankdee20
You should aim for at least 800 mg of total choline from food and supplements. More would be better.
Thanks. Good to know.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals