Taurine (and Analogs) Increase T4 Into T3 Conversion 2-fold

Momado965

Re: Taurine (and analogs) increase T4 into T3 conversion 2-f

Some additional, popular science material on taurine and testosterone increase. The study claims increase of 180% of T as a result of 1 month of supplementation of taurine at human equivalent dosage of 15g.
http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2012/07 ... one-w.html
http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011/08 ... sulin.html
http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/09 ... nough.html

I know that when I took 15g a day for a month my T levels wen up 4-5 fold but I was combining it with aspirin, which probably amplifies its effects. There is another thread in this forum where a user "complained" that taking aspirin caused big increase in T and SHBG.

What your total carb intake and was that all at once or divided doses with sugary beverage?

NathanK

I tried looking for the study, but it just said Yang et al., 2007. Are you able to find this?
hm, been so long, I can't recall. I don't a copy in my archive.

In a search of "yang + alanine" on my computer came up with these related studies in reference sections. I haven't read any further than the abstracts I found on google though
Mitochondrial defects associated with β-alanine toxicity: relevance to hyper-beta-alaninemia

The effect of taurine and β-alanine supplementation on taurine transporter protein and fatigue resistance in skeletal muscle from mdx mice. - PubMed - NCBI

I think the more recent 2010 study I posted pretty much answered my questions so I didn't look further.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
hm, been so long, I can't recall. I don't a copy in my archive.

In a search of "yang + alanine" on my computer came up with these related studies in reference sections. I haven't read any further than the abstracts I found on google though
Mitochondrial defects associated with β-alanine toxicity: relevance to hyper-beta-alaninemia

The effect of taurine and β-alanine supplementation on taurine transporter protein and fatigue resistance in skeletal muscle from mdx mice. - PubMed - NCBI

I think the more recent 2010 study I posted pretty much answered my questions so I didn't look further.

Pretty profound. I will never recommend beta alanine alone any more. Always with Taurine.

chanlaw

Re: Taurine (and analogs) increase T4 into T3 conversion 2-f

I was certainly worried about T aromatizing into estrogen, hence the aspirin intake. Also, vitamin E helps keep estrogen under control as well. My estrogen did not increase while on taurine, but after 1 month of taurine intake the benefits reach a plateau and you can discontinue use. The endogenous taurine levels after a month of loading do not decrease until 2-3 months after discontinuation. Similar to creatine I guess.
Does this mean you dont have to take taurine everyday? One could megadose taurine, store it in body?(if its stored) and get all benefits of taurine?(Testosterone,hair loss prevention, glycogen storage, mineral balance, metabolic recovery, bile secretion)?

wildworld1992

The chemical used in the study is a very close analog of taurine, and in fact I think it contains the taurine molecule as a component. It was developed as a synthetic analog of taurine that can achieve the same effects at a much lower dosages. The dosage was 3mg-4mg human equivalent, but since it was not taurine, you'd need higher taurine dosage to achieve the same. TUDCA is more potent than taurine by a factor of abut 100. So, this means 300mg-400mg per day for a human should have a noticeable effect.
Here is the study:

The chemical chaperones tauroursodeoxycholic and 4-phenylbutyric acid accelerate thyroid hormone activation and energy expenditure
I have some UDCA (not TUDCA) tablets. I'm gonna try taking 25mg UDCA+1g Taurine+25ug T4 from tomorrow on to see if it makes a difference.

Vinny

cs3000

-

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals