Taurine 30mg/kg improves fat digestion / absorption ~20% (bile connection)

cs3000

^ Looks useful for people who get fatty stools / problems with low bile. Taurine conjugates fat soluable bile acids produced by the liver & gives them an added water soluble property which helps in the process of fat absorption through some mechanism

Conjugated bile acids are the major components of human bile, with their total concentration exceeding that of any other metabolite in bile. Taurine-conjugated bile acids can also inhibit biofilm formation of bacteria.

also Is taurine good for the gut? 10 reasons why it may... - Hack your gut
Effects of taurine on gut microbiota and metabolism in mice - PubMed may help with h.pylori

When H. Pylori breaks down urea, it releases ammonia and carbon dioxide. This ammonia neutralizes stomach acid and provides an environment where H. Pylori can colonize. It also has the unfortunate side effect of causing major bloating in the stomach and damage to the lining.

The release of ammonia also has another effect: it causes ulcers. When H. Pylori colonizes the stomach, it attracts neutrophils. Neutrophils are immune cells sent to contain the colonization. They enter the stomach and secrete hypochlorous acid to kill invaders. When hypochlorous acid reacts with ammonia, it creates monochloramine. Monochloramine irritates the stomach and impairs ulcer healing.

Taurine scavenges monochloramine by binding to it. This prevents the damage caused by monochloramine and speeds up the healing of ulcers(20). Unfortunately, it also means that a person with an active H. Pylori problem likely needs more taurine. When taurine binds to monochloramine, it isn’t absorbed. This means it isn’t used to conjugate bile acids or for any of the other systems that rely on it

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.3181/00379727-100-24741 -< 3x 500mg Taurine daily markedly increased the proportion of taurine conjugated bile acids

The only problem is the GABA receptor downregulation from day to day use so potential to cause anxiety over time. so i'm wondering
1. how much taurine it takes to cause that and
2. if taking smaller doses through the day for smaller spikes in activation would lessen this downregulation effect or if it would be worse more frequently?

Last edited:

Gypsumking

The only problem is the GABA receptor downregulation from day to day use so potential to cause anxiety over time. so i'm wondering
1. how much taurine it takes to cause that and
2. if taking smaller doses through the day for smaller spikes in activation would lessen this downregulation effect or if it would be worse more frequently?
These are really important questions for anybody supplementing taurine. Amazing supp but if could stay within dose as to not overly effect this system would be amazing

Kray

These are really important questions for anybody supplementing taurine. Amazing supp but if could stay within dose as to not overly effect this system would be amazing
See this post, #3 (elephanto):
With meals should be a good idea, based on this :
Taurine Dramatically Improves Protein Utilization From Food

As far as dosage, this has been found regarding anti-cancer effects of Taurine (significantly lower oncogenic biomarkers but also significantly higher excretion of bacteria, viruses, fungi, heavy metals, and other toxic chemicals) :
The most effective dose for taurine was 175mg and it apparently it worked better than the 500mg dose. The optimal protocol for taurine was 175mg three times daily.

Gypsumking

See this post, #3 (elephanto):
With meals should be a good idea, based on this :
Taurine Dramatically Improves Protein Utilization From Food

As far as dosage, this has been found regarding anti-cancer effects of Taurine (significantly lower oncogenic biomarkers but also significantly higher excretion of bacteria, viruses, fungi, heavy metals, and other toxic chemicals) :
Thank you for the reply. So it seems most people are using way too high a dose

ddjd

@charlie why does garrett not like taurine?? he says it will catch up with you eventually or something?

Kray

Thank you for the reply. So it seems most people are using way too high a dose
Not sure. Was surprised to see that when everywhere else it seems it's in grams-dose, including mfg labels. Wasn't sure either if that info had been taken out of a report for which there wasn't a reference on the post, unless it was a typo and was meant to be "per-kg dose", as other references seemed to be.

Hope to get some more feedback, per your post.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I tried 500 mg once per day but it made me constipated so I quit. Maybe that 175 mg dose per day would be better but I don't know. How can something that makes you constipated increase bile flow?

Kray

I tried 500 mg once per day but it made me constipated so I quit. Maybe that 175 mg dose per day would be better but I don't know. How can something that makes you constipated increase bile flow?
Exactly!