Taste / cravings as a reliable indicator of deficiencies and toxicities?

BearWithMe

My bloodwork results often correlate with my taste for various foods / supplements that I'm deficient in.

When I was deficient in everything, I even liked the taste of salty water or dessicated liver.

Do you have similar experience? Could observing the taste replace the bloodwork to some extent?

Do you usually trust your body and give it what it asks for?

ursidae

I mostly crave addictive food like dairy and gluten so no, I don’t trust my cravings

laleto12

I mostly crave addictive food like dairy and gluten so no, I don’t trust my cravings
exactly thats the 2 food group I crave the most. But when those cravings come nothing satiates me like they do. After eating them i am left with endotoxin symptoms though :D I dont know how to get rid of this paradox.

MaxVerstappen

I haven't done any bloodwork but I have noticed periods where I have craved foods with certain nutrients my diet lacked those nutrients

I've increased the nutrient densitiy of my diet for quite a while now, and I have very low cravings for anything right now and it has decreased gradually. I get some sugar cravings if I've done physical work without having eaten a lot prior to it, but thats mostly it. Eating according to appetite - as long as you eat "natural" food - is probably the best direction when you have little knowledge about nutrition and biology.

I remember when I used to eat few meals per day (usually about two or so), I had a taste for fat. Sometimes I'd drink a glass of cream with my fatty pancakes. When I decided to eat more often my body started getting a taste for sugar. The many variables involved in physiology leaves me to rely on intuition. But I do not only rely on intuition, whenever I feel a problem - I address that problem and have to fix it with "rules" for how to eat, but i never force myself to eat something i dont enjoy. I take that as a sign that my "rule" might be a bad one

Last edited:

famalalam

I don't see the problem with any of these unless you react really poorly to both. Nothing satiates me as much as toasted white bread with butter and salt flakes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals