Tarmanders Auto-Immune Log

Amazoniac

I got out of that hell hole apartment and into a neighborhood where microwave towers are far far away. If you are looking for similar, try to find places where there are many old people and things have not changed in awhile...or wealthy...

I also put a shield around my smart meter, and with that I am pretty good. As I take more thyroid, I am less susceptible to EMF. I am guessing EMF sensitivity is just being hypo along with calcium deregulation.

Was there something you were wondering specifically? We may go our separate ways but we will always have Cabo...
It's really difficult to control these things because the emission is usually from varied sources (that don't depend on you), and then you leave the place but there can be a lot of other variables that could be responsible for the improvement. Even the belief of improvement can improve. :ss
I'm not disdaining your experience (quite the opposite), it's just hard to separate the effects. Perhaps if you embraced the hell for longer, they would've been clearer over time.

The observation of metabolism is neat, but the disruptive effects are there. I know a member that's a physician aaand physicist. He used to say that on each unnecessary punch there is less life vitality.

Regarding the meter, I figured there must be a good reason for you to choose the other product. So it was solely due to price?

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

It's really difficult to control these things because the emission is usually from varied sources (that don't depend on you), and then you leave the place but there can be a lot of other variables that could be responsible for the improvement. Even the belief of improvement can improve. :ss
I'm not disdaining your experience (quite the opposite), it's just hard to separate the effects. Perhaps if you embraced the hell for longer, they would've been clearer over time.

The observation of metabolism is neat, but the disruptive effects are there. I know a member that's a physician aaand physicist. He used to say that on each unnecessary punch there is less life vitality.

Regarding the meter, I figured there must be a good reason for you to choose the other product. So it was solely due to price?

If you live in a city it is impossible. If you live somewhere spacious it is easier. The nice thing about Microwaves is the intensity falls off rapidly.

When I mentioned Meter above, I was referencing my smart meter on the house which is shielded.

I will let someone else go live under a microwave tower, embrace the hell, and let us know. I know know know what EMF was doing to me, in my bones. That is good enough for me.

Amazoniac

When I mentioned Meter above, I was referencing my smart meter on the house which is shielded.

I will let someone else go live under a microwave tower, embrace the hell, and let us know. I know know know what EMF was doing to me, in my bones. That is good enough for me.
I.. know, but I'm still wondering if your chosen one has any advantage (I have no clue).

It wasn't a suggestion((

Amazoniac

Tarmander, I read some of your previous posts regarding cognitive impairment, and I have to say that your improvement was the most remarkable out of forum members in my opinion. These days something seemed to happen that it appears to have stabilized, but the it was just impressive. I wish this continues for you to the point that you have to donate all of your hats.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Tarmander, I read some of your previous posts regarding cognitive impairment, and I have to say that your improvement was the most remarkable out of forum members in my opinion. These days something seemed to happen that it appears to have stabilized, but the it was just impressive. I wish this continues for you to the point that you have to donate all of your hats.
Sometimes I am not sure what the current subject we are talking on is....which is fine, makes things interesting :hilarious:

If I am hearing you right...my previous posts sounded dumber then my most recent posts...? If so, thanks! That is awesome third party verification of improvements. And my rise in post quality seems to have leveled off...? However, if it continued to rise...then I would obviously have massive wealth and could donate?

sweetpeat

That is awesome news!

You nailed it in your post, but to expand on one part...you can actually manipulate your Free T3 levels on your thyroid panel by just not taking thyroid the day you are tested...indicating at least to me that much of what is on the blood test is good for short term analysis, but not the whole picture. Before 1950, they went on appearance of hypo symptoms because they did not have the testing, and they got up to hundreds of mcgs of t3 a day. Something to think about.

Cholesterol is another good marker yes...not sure about other hormones, although I am betting lower T would come up. My A1c went down, which is a blood sugar blood test...thyroid is cruicial in so many body processes, I am guessing you could use most things. Maybe just a snapshot of the overall picture?
Yeah, I don't take any thyroid meds the morning before getting lab work. Which is why I was being a bit wary. If I have top of range levels more than 12 hours after last t3 dose, then it means levels are even higher in the hours right after taking it.

Regarding other lab work: most of my other markers seem pretty good generally. Cholesterol at 209 was a tad higher than I expected for someone taking thyroid. Also, all my hormones are hypo, not just thyroid. Even the baddies like estrogen and cortisol lol. It's like the cholesterol isn't being converted much. Which could be an indication that thyroid levels still aren't high enough in spite of what labs say.

Thank you for sharing your story. It's definitely given me something to think about.

Amazoniac

Sometimes I am not sure what the current subject we are talking on is....which is fine, makes things interesting :hilarious:

If I am hearing you right...my previous posts sounded dumber then my most recent posts...? If so, thanks! That is awesome third party verification of improvements. And my rise in post quality seems to have leveled off...? However, if it continued to rise...then I would obviously have massive wealth and could donate?
When someone gives you a blunt reply, the person is usually replying out of politeness. I decided to leave you with that comment.

You definitely improved, to me there's no doubt about it. It's very difficult to refine and unclutter things, and you do it nicely. I'm worried if you rise even more, your brain will.. embiggen and your hats won't fit.

Reminded me of this:
Zubin Mehta "Symphony No 2" Mahler (5. Mov.)
Symphony No. 2 (Mahler) - Wikipedia

Rise again, yes, rise again,
Will you My dust,
After a brief rest!
Immortal life! Immortal life
Will He who called you, give you.

To bloom again were you sown!
The Lord of the harvest goes
And gathers in, like sheaves,
Us together, who died.

—Friedrich Klopstock

O believe, my heart, O believe:
Nothing to you is lost!
Yours is, yes yours, is what you desired
Yours, what you have loved
What you have fought for!

O believe,
You were not born for nothing!
Have not for nothing, lived, suffered!

What was created
Must perish,
What perished, rise again!
Cease from trembling!
Prepare yourself to live!

O Pain, You piercer of all things,
From you, I have been wrested!
O Death, You conqueror of all things,
Now, are you conquered!

With wings which I have won for myself,
In love’s fierce striving,
I shall soar upwards
To the light which no eye has penetrated!

Die shall I in order to live.
Rise again, yes, rise again,
Will you, my heart, in an instant!
That for which you suffered,
To God shall it carry you!
—Gustav Mahler

Mito

sweetpeat

In the KMUD interview on 9-15-17 (at ~44 minute mark), Peat told a caller “cholesterol is a pretty good indication of how you’re responding to thyroid, it should be around 200 or a little less”

KMUD: 9-15-17 California Proposition 65
Well there ya go!

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

My current diet that I am doing very well on.

upload_2018-3-12_19-36-24.png

upload_2018-3-12_19-36-43.png

only really concerned about the cal/phos ratio. I could take some egg shell powder, but I don't want to mess with it really. I supplement B1, B2, Vit D, Vit k, and sometimes vit E. Other stuff too, but not from this list.

Funny story. I was doing this list, but using salsa in every Shrimp dish. Had unbelievable anger for the past month or two, could not figure it out. Just went on a trip, and anger cooled way down. Got back, was feeling fine, did some shrimp with salsa and the anger returned. Aha! Changed from salsa to some homemade mayo and no more anger. Tomatoes are estrogenic...

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

If you are interested in this log and its contents at all, you are going to want to read this.

I have not written much lately, so decided to update my log with some of my new practices that I think others may find useful. My diet is very similar to my last post. However I have seriously curtailed my coconut oil consumption and increased olive oil. I find the change drastically helps my blood sugars.

•Danny Roddy's podcast with Peat kind of threw me for a loop. You can see my response here: https://raypeatforum.com/community/...onment-with-ray-peat.23098/page-3#post-331046

That podcast really made me realize how much of an intellectual Peat is. Like I said in that post, I love his ideas, and the tapestry he weaves of them. But from history I know that intellectuals often get a few things wrong, sometimes catastrophically wrong, which topple their mental construction. I am now convinced that Peat has some things wrong, but I am not sure what those are. The experience of many people trying to adopt his principles and failing is a failure of his ideas, not of their implementation of them. I think I have a few leads on where the problems arise from my own experience.

•In my journey with Peat inspired diets, I neglected acidity. With each meal, I take Betain HCL, enzymes, and some type of amino acid blend excluding glutamate( i.e. https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Essen...1530994173&sr=8-5&keywords=solgar+amino+acids). I also take potassium chloride during the day, along with an electrolyte blend that is high in chlorides (i.e. https://www.amazon.com/Trace-Minera...F8&qid=1530994219&sr=1-2&keywords=concentrace). I could not lose weight on the Peat diet, no matter what I tried, no matter how many metabolism boosting supps I tried. After adding in chlorides, I lose probably a pound a week. I am down to the mid 190s, and I think I will continue to lose weight. I still drink 1qt of Orange Juice everyday, so I am not low carb or anything. Other benefits include an increase in vascularity, and less food allergens as detailed in the next point.

•Peat talks a lot about food allergens, and how to avoid additives. This was very helpful to me as I seemed allergic to everything. However, the longer I did the Peat diet, the MORE allergic to things I became. I got to the point where I could not eat anything but the cleanest foods without bowel upset/blood, difficulty breathing, and difficulty sleeping. I am now less and less allergic to foods, and my EMF issues explained in previous posts are much better. I can sit next to my girlfriend and she can pull out her phone and use it without a problem. I used to immediately break into a sweat when her phone started emitting EMF, but now I cannot tell it is on unless I look at her. Instead of a hermit that cannot spend too long outside my faraday house, I am now able to spend time without discomfort in other places. The real shift came from taking L-Histidine. This is one of the bad aminos that Peat suggests to avoid. However, it also is used by your body to create stomach acid! And protects nerves! I bought some histidine powder, filled some capsules with it, and took one everyday for a month. Now I take it every couple days as it is pretty stimulative and will disturb sleep a bit. If you have allergies and feel super exposed like a raw nerve to the world, try L-Histidine.

•For some reason, the symptoms of autism always really sounded similar to what I was going through. I can look people in the eye and all that, but type 1 diabetes is correlated with autism. Sometimes I would have trouble communicating, or felt like there was this block in my mind to understanding people's emotions. So maybe super light symptoms. One of the things they have been trying for autism is Sulforaphane (I.e https://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formu...UTF8&qid=1530994915&sr=8-1&keywords=broccomax). I started this stuff a few weeks ago and my life has drastically changed. This block in my mind, this fear of speaking, is all of a sudden gone. I have started conversations with my parents about things that happen in my childhood that were taboo to talk about. I have told my girlfriend things that are true and in my heart and will hopefully lead us to closer union. I always thought people were not truthful to me, would not open up to me, and I had a hard time with relationships. Turns out it was me, or at least in part. I had my mom try the broccomax for a week and she said she felt nothing. So maybe it is just an autism spectrum thing. Check out these studies:

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research
Sulforaphane treatment of autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
Sulforaphane-rich Broccoli Sprout Extract for Autism - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

•To be fully upfront, I took a lot of these ideas from Hack Stasis to try. I think all their fasting is crazy and is going to hurt them, but there are a few nuggets in there. I have made other changes as well. I look younger, I have more endurance now then I used to, and not as much labored breathing. I am more social and have joined a church. I started trading the markets again, and can look at a screen now for longer periods of time without feeling like my skin has bugs under it. All great changes. So I probably won't post as much on the forums like I used to, just too busy. But I will post my findings here from time to time in hopes that other people can find some needed changes.

Wagner83

Interesting, orion does something similar with chlorides and is happy with it. He also reported increased vascularity, people are happy with this because they're told it looks good but I think it's completely wrong.
I wonder what @Amazoniac has to say about the acidity and the use of cl. tyw had some interest for betaine. Hcl.
In any case it sounds like you are doing better, the part olive oil is intriguing, the topic was discussed at length between tyw and others.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Nice update, congratulations on all the improvements.

Amazoniac

Interesting, orion does something similar with chlorides and is happy with it. He also reported increased vascularity, people are happy with this because they're told it looks good but I think it's completely wrong.
I wonder what @Amazoniac has to say about the acidity and the use of cl. tyw had some interest for betaine. Hcl.
In any case it sounds like you are doing better, the part olive oil is intriguing, the topic was discussed at length between tyw and others.
I have to do the thinkings about it.

Mito

Peat talks a lot about food allergens, and how to avoid additives. This was very helpful to me as I seemed allergic to everything. However, the longer I did the Peat diet, the MORE allergic to things I became.
Hmm...I recall a recent @tca300 post about developing some food allergies.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

The vascularity aspect is more about my hands. I used to be able to see the veins in my hands but have not the past few years. Now it is back!

Thanks @Blossom

Hmm...I recall a recent @tca300 post about developing some food allergies.

Interesting. It does seem like a reccuring theme among Peat users...food allergies and an obsession with food quality. But that is a lot of health movements, so can't really draw any conclusions from it.

Amazoniac

Right away I want to let you know that I don't know much about betaine HCl supplementation, so I'm just thinking out loud. Hope you don't mind, Tarmander!

A phase of fast metabolism often precedes the on the sets of the slow one, I have the impression that it's during this stimulating phase that the body gives full effort in trying to correct a problem and go through the stages that Hans of the Selyes talked about. In doing so, this stage can be very demanding and resources are consumed at an insane rate. People become very alert and responsive to their surroundings.

If it goes on for too long, people become depleted and shut everything down, including their responsiveness to their environment, adopting then the conserving metabolism. Becoming dull is useful to not suffer and waste scarce nutrition.

This poetry is just to stress (tut) that during the entire process, there was a brutal generalized loss and depletion that has to be replenished somehow. Slowing down is useful for that and also to prevent further depletion. It's not a good idea to just stimulate the body: we often don't have a chance to correct what was missing in time to support recovery.

One of the losses is chlorid, which happens during the boosting alarmed/panic stage as far as I know. If the hypothyroid lacks enough stomach acid, it's possible that it was just a consequence of events, not that it was induced by it. This is considering that it's a problem of missing raw materials.

I have the impression that people who often supplement chlorids are eventually led to vit C as plain ascorbic acid and stick to it due to good results. I already posted why excess supplemental chlorides can be a problem but never gave much attention to HCl. Even less so for betaine HCl.

A supplement of betaine HCl is about 25% chlorine. If you take 1 g of it a day, that's about 250 mg of chlorine and 750 mg of betaine. Spinach is considered a great source and it has just that for every 100 g (Chris of the Masterjohns!). For comparison, hydrated MgCl2 is about 35% chlorine; a teaspoon (3.2 g) gives you almost 400 mg of magnesium (12%) and about 1100 mg of chlorine as chlorid.

I'm mentioning this because it can't be a deficiency of chlorine, especially because people already salt their food to taste. I doubt it's a lack of hydrogens either since those are provided in abundance from foods; what can be argued about them is that they can't be used properly (and are wasted) due to the lack of reactants (I have a few more chances to use this word until it becomes repetitive), so they end up as stressful compounds that contribute to the problem.

It seems some sort of inability to use it as a result of generalized exhaustion, with discoordination, nerve fatigue, logging the wassers of tissues or simple excretion from some opposition; things that Diokin often writes about. Supplementation doesn't address the cause of the problem, it just compensates for its lack. I don't know how much of the benefit comes from betaine, it's possible that it's a great share in contribution.

There are people who benefit a lot from extra chlorids and others the opposite. I have to understand why better, but it's not something exclusive to metabolic alkalosis.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom