Tanning

TubZy

From my years of 18-22 I used the tanning beds and beach very often. During the winter, I used to tan probably twice a week or more sometimes depending on how dark I wanted to be. I know it wasn't probably the best idea to use the tanning beds especially for my skin, but my skin is still in very good shape. I have not used the tanning beds in a few years now, but after going to the carribean in the middle of winter and getting some dark color I do miss have some color during the winter months and got me thinking to maybe use the beds again maybe 1-2 times per week.

I know it's bad, but how bad do you think it especially using solban prior to going and also coconut oil or anything else too to prevent any damage? My main concern is keeping my face nice and tight which it is so far which solban, removing PUFA, and pregnenolone has helped with.

I know Ray advocates the use of sunshine but I doubt the beds are the same.

FacelessMan

From my years of 18-22 I used the tanning beds and beach very often. During the winter, I used to tan probably twice a week or more sometimes depending on how dark I wanted to be. I know it wasn't probably the best idea to use the tanning beds especially for my skin, but my skin is still in very good shape. I have not used the tanning beds in a few years now, but after going to the carribean in the middle of winter and getting some dark color I do miss have some color during the winter months and got me thinking to maybe use the beds again maybe 1-2 times per week.

I know it's bad, but how bad do you think it especially using solban prior to going and also coconut oil or anything else too to prevent any damage? My main concern is keeping my face nice and tight which it is so far which solban, removing PUFA, and pregnenolone has helped with.

I know Ray advocates the use of sunshine but I doubt the beds are the same.
If you use low power beds they have higher UVB to produce vitamin D and lower UVA. That's what I use. I think they low power beds are great for keeping vitamin D up in the winter, just don't burn!

OP
TubZy

TubZy

If you use low power beds they have higher UVB to produce vitamin D and lower UVA. That's what I use. I think they low power beds are great for keeping vitamin D up in the winter, just don't burn!

Ahh thanks. Any way to tell what type of bulbs the beds have?

schultz

Using red light before, during or after would helpful in mitigating damage. Can you find a place that also has red light beds?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I would ask the place you go to. Apparently there are like level 1-4 beds. You want level 1-2 not 3-4.

Oh yeah, I didn't realize that related to bulb strength lol. I never went over 2 during my entire time of use so that is good news I guess haha.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Using red light before, during or after would helpful in mitigating damage. Can you find a place that also has red light beds?

Possibly. I'll be honest I'm new to red light area of Ray Peat, I would buy one but don't even know where to start lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals