Tamoxifen Hair Loss

chinup53

Did anyone experience hairloss while taking tamoxifen? Is it permanent or just temporary shedding? Via which mechanism it is believe it causes hair loss?

Charger

It's a SERM... it raises T/DHT by something like 150%.

The hair loss is from the increase in androgens. I've only used SERMs like Tamox and Torem for 2 weeks tops at a time, and I notice increase scalp itching and thinner hair while using them or anything else that spikes androgens.

Last edited:

JKX

Its terrible for your liver. This will have a multitude of systemic effects. Lots of better options to lower estrogen are available.

OP
C

chinup53

Its terrible for your liver. This will have a multitude of systemic effects. Lots of better options to lower estrogen are available.

I am aware that it has quite a few side effects and that it is in no way beneficial to general health. On the other hand it is the only drug on which there are a decent amount of studies demonstrating its efficacy against gynecomastia.

Infinite

I've experienced it and im not prone to hair loss. Had more success and fewer side effects with raloxifene.

Frankdee20

Is Clomid as bad asTamoxifen for raising T ?

OP
C

chinup53

I've experienced it and im not prone to hair loss. Had more success and fewer side effects with raloxifene.

Same here, I am not prone to hair loss. I do not have access to raloxifene. Despite being hair loss the only nasty side effect I’ve been experiencing think I will quit tamoxifen. SERMS end up being to unpredictable sometimes and actually I end up having more estrogen afterwards.

Infinite

Same here, I am not prone to hair loss. I do not have access to raloxifene. Despite being hair loss the only nasty side effect I’ve been experiencing think I will quit tamoxifen. SERMS end up being to unpredictable sometimes and actually I end up having more estrogen afterwards.

Agreed, which is why i plan to use androstenone towards the end of my cycle. I paired it up with 6mg of DHEA and it seems to have increased hair loss significantly.. so im stopping the SERM in 30 days or so.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals