'Taking The Bible As Medicine' - A Testimony From Derek Prince

Derek Prince tells a story in which he had a bad skin condition that kept him in the hospital for a year while he was in the military. The treatment was having no effect, so he decided to look into what the Bible says about healing, making a point to mark everything in blue which talked about healing.

He says that after a few months, he came to have a blue book; the Bible is a book of healing.

The condition wasn't getting any better, so he decided to take a leap of faith and use the Bible as medicine, so he took it like medicine: 3 times daily and after meals.

During this time he was transferred to a region that was even more humid which would have made his condition worse.

Within 3 months he was healed of his condition by changing nothing else.

The story I'm referencing runs from 36:00 - 41:00

The rest of the video is his testimony of going from a skeptical philosophy major in college to a prominent Christian pastor and many of the supernatural occurrences he experienced therein.

I'd wager that even the greatest skeptic would find this to be a soothing bedtime listen.

Brundle

Derek Prince is certainly one of the more interesting Christian preachers.
Can't say I have faith so much as hope, but if you make certain assumptions then his sermons could be very convincing.
I only heard of him this year, when a blog I loosely watched did a complete 180 and went full-on evangelical.

OP
Twohandsondeck
Thank you
This correlates to trying to get healthy...more you try, the more unhealthy you get.

Cheers! I greatly empathize with this sentiment - but alas - in the end, a decision will always have been made.

when a blog I loosely watched did a complete 180 and went full-on evangelical.

Sounds about right. Just one personal experience with the Holy Spirit will often shake a person into a lifetime of Biblical inquisition.

OP
Twohandsondeck
Just reading the Bible is medicinal?

It's a five minute story from 36:00 - 41:00.

If you're really impatient, you can skip to 37:50.

There was a conditional prayer of faith that he spoke before reading each time for that purpose.

As written, Prince mentions that he had highlighted all of the sections about health and healing in blue prior to this while he was sick, so it's possible he was reading from these passages, but he didn't specify. He mentions that he had turned the book blue from highlighting all of the passages that related to health and healing... So it's possible, but unlikely.

I believe it's the faithful prayer before reading that made the difference. If you faithfully hand over your will to Jesus, all aspects of your life will begin to regenerate, increase, and multiply, as is written.

John 3 (as in, 'the book of John: chapter 3) holds some important information regarding this concept.

Elize

The Book called " TheMaker's Diet " by Jordan Rubin does just that.

pauljacob

I knew Derek Prince since 1980s, through his books, and have been listening to his talks for 20 years. A true Apostle of Jesus Christ. When my spiritual compass malfunctions I fix it by listening to Prince, reading the Bible, and praying. :praying:

GreekDemiGod

The art of scientific prayer. Joseph Murphy. Power of your Subconscious Mind. Law of Attraction. Infinite Intelligence. They point to the same universal law..
The subtle power moves all things and has no name. Those who know it, know the power of the Absolute.
There is no Jesus who has the power. Jesus or magic rituals or other Gods are just that which you put faith to. For there is only God and that is within you. You hold the power.

OP
Twohandsondeck
The art of scientific prayer. Joseph Murphy. Power of your Subconscious Mind. Law of Attraction. Infinite Intelligence. They point to the same universal law..
The subtle power moves all things and has no name. Those who know it, know the power of the Absolute.
There is no Jesus who has the power. Jesus or magic rituals or other Gods are just that which you put faith to. For there is only God and that is within you. You hold the power.

New Age thinking has its appeals in that we can act however we want and still call upon manifestation and create according to our own limited imagination, but these wishes are granted with the mimicked, half-true power of Satan.

You want to be rich? Sure, at the expense of totaling your car and wounding your leg, your insurance will provide you great wealth. You want to be beautiful? Sure, but all of your friends will be lost in the process. You're infertile but you desperately want a child? Sure, but the child will end up taking away from your life. You will be brought to your knees if you allow the power of Satan to manifest for your life.

This foundational concept is humiliation: if you act in ways of the flesh which bring about a guilty conscience i.e. eating a tub of ice cream and jerking off, a fulfilling life will always escape you.

Whole, whole-y, Holy = fulfilled.
Un-whole, un-whole-y, unholy = lacking fulfillment.

We are all Creation... And if we worship Creation, we will receive a half-blessing that is formed in our finite imagination at a cost of absolutely no discipline to receive the reward, however that reward will drive us towards humility as it is indeed a curse we wish upon ourselves by bargain of the devil.

If we worship the Creator [of Creation], it requires confession of our wrongdoings and welcomes conviction of the Holy Spirit (acknowledging the guilty conscience) by willing act of faithful surrender. If we sow our seed in the unknown imagination of God the Creator, He will reward us after trial and tribulation in abundant ways that are purposefully unimaginable, but it takes discipline to achieve this reward which includes living a righteous life.

Many of us experience the power that comes from dulling our mind and call that God, yet any reward which comes from undergoing no temptation/lust is no reward of God... And if a person continues to hinge on their own imagination by investing faith into that which they see (instead of that which has yet to be seen by them), then they will always be among those who succumb to the controlling fear put forth by Satan.

Testimonies are powerful to those who are willing to lend ears to listen. Anyone who has been touched by the Holy Spirit has them or can point to their miracles... but regardless of any ready belief, I trust that these writings will become more inwardly apparent to the darkened soul as more prophecies (Daniel, Revelation) are made true in the next 20 years.

I'd be surprised if we make it another twenty years before they open up the portal to the abyss over in Switzerland, but nonetheless a word for the wise.

Lastly, I came across this video last night that I think even the greatest unbeliever would find fascinating within the first fifteen minutes. A part of it is a proof of the foretold prophecy of the Bible using letters that correspond with every 49th letter of the Old Testament, the telling of impending story via the definitions of the genealogical names of the characters of the Bible, and many many other staggering physical observations are illustrated very apparently in a short 40 minute presentation:

Chuck Missler on Knowing God - An Extraterrestrial Message:

Edit: lastly I forgot to mention, the name of Jesus Christ is the only name which may bring results in exorcisms/casting away of demons and stopping alien encounters.

The name of Jim, Bob, John, Buddha, Mohammed, Gandhi, etc etc carries no artillery in these affairs. Results are very specific to the uttering of this name.

I have multiple personal testimonies regarding this point, but suffice it to say that if someone is demonically charged, they won't find peace until that name is employed.

Last edited:

pauljacob

Joseph Murphy. Power of your Subconscious Mind.
Joseph Murphy was a hack writer who pandered to the destitute and the hopeless. He rehashed Napoleon Hill's ideas. If you had said Ernest Holmes or Neville Goddard I would've given you a nod, but Joseph Murphy? Really?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals