Taking Pregnenolone, Can I Overdose If Also Taking Taking T3?

yoshiesque

im taking 2.5mcg T3 4-5x/day. ill probably increase it slowly.

Anyway, im also taking pregnenolone now. I tried 150mg today and it seemed to help. i might go up to around 300mg for a few days.

Just wanted to know if the following issues are possible:

1. Since im taking pregnenolone, is it possible that the body will stop converting cholesterol into pregnenolone? (i assume since it knows theres already enough in the body it will stop producing more itself)

2. any other issues u might see?

docall18

Pregnenolone will increase estrogen in most people. So look out for weight gain, bloating, night sweats, low libido etc.

docall18

What do you base that postulate on? The "in most people part".. just curious

Reading posts on this and other forums I'm on.

Pregnenolone is a beneficial supplement. However it raises estrogen by some mechanism. Possibly a healing rxn??

Maybe it causes stored estrogen to be released from tissues. Maybe it releases PUFA which increases E2. Maybe it increases estrogen receptor sensitivy.

Either way it definitely increases estrogen in a lot of people.

HDD

[Then I asked if there's no way it can convert to excess estrogen or some other stress related hormone, under certain circumstances, like not getting enough protein or sugar, or some other nutrient, or adequate light. Also asked if someone is running on stress hormones from low thyroid and pregnenolone lowers those hormones, would it make things worse by lowering the metabolism even further.] I haven't heard of a situation like that; I'll see if I can find any information relating to that possibility.
Peatarian.com Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Nighteyes

Yeah I Think it is a doubtful postulate.. Without some bloodtests. Perhaps mostly people with problems report back sqewing your conclusion. Pregnenolone seems to lower estrogen very Well for me. DHEA did The opposite probably due to stress and poor liver function

I think that as usual, this is an estrogen-released-from-cells effect. Preg ---> progesterone --> pulls out estrogen from cells and causes estrogen detox.

The solution is a LOT of progesterone for one or two dosages, apparently, and then the problem is gone.

I had this problem with small amounts of pregnenolone but no longer do. I think the estrogen was flushed out and the excess is gone.

docall18

I think that as usual, this is an estrogen-released-from-cells effect. Preg ---> progesterone --> pulls out estrogen from cells and causes estrogen detox.

The solution is a LOT of progesterone for one or two dosages, apparently, and then the problem is gone.

I had this problem with small amounts of pregnenolone but no longer do. I think the estrogen was flushed out and the excess is gone.

This seems like a reasonable assumption. I have lab tests after taking Dhea, Pregnenolone and Progesterone. All resulted in over-range Estradiol and Prolactin. All also produced high estrogen symptoms to accompany the labs.

Now, Progesterone should definitely not increase estrogen. This makes me conclude that these steroids cause a detox of estrogen already in the body.

What kind of progesterone doses are you talking about, and for how long? Peat used 1000mg of pregnenolone for a year when he initially started. Maybe without him knowing it this was the reason why.... (High pregnenolone will greatly increase progesterone)

OP
Y

yoshiesque

This seems like a reasonable assumption. I have lab tests after taking Dhea, Pregnenolone and Progesterone. All resulted in over-range Estradiol and Prolactin. All also produced high estrogen symptoms to accompany the labs.

Now, Progesterone should definitely not increase estrogen. This makes me conclude that these steroids cause a detox of estrogen already in the body.

What kind of progesterone doses are you talking about, and for how long? Peat used 1000mg of pregnenolone for a year when he initially started. Maybe without him knowing it this was the reason why.... (High pregnenolone will greatly increase progesterone)

Do you have a source for RP saying he took 1000mg? From what I recall he took it for a period of around 12 weeks and doses were 50-100mg

tryingtoberight

i had success with small doses of DHEA (10 dose) and taurine and niamincide (today added a 15mg zinc/2 mg copper pills as my family has a history with iron issues. Was doing light 250 clear watt therapy and also felt better and warmer no feet chills at night (YEY). Incorporated the pregn, and hit a road block. Not taking prog-E as I wanted to incorporate and build. Was really tired on the Preg all throughout the day, and could get one task done but then could not seem to focus on another at all. Generally tolerate all supplements in terms of no deliberating efffect. Perfumes, scent lotions deodorants get me and have stayed away from those. Went off the Preg. and resumed light therapy at my desk during the day (took it away as it was Spring) and regained my energy. Getting chicken neck soup going next week, but sort of stuck on when/if to reintroduce Preg or Prog again. Any similar experiences appreciated.

I have avoided the PUFAs to the extent of no Fast Food and Restaurants. Lots of OJ, cheese, some milk and coffee and try to have some sugar or fruit with all meals. Am down 20 pounds since the new year, but had PLENTY to lose. But sort of stuck here and expecting the weight to come off harder but the lack of energy is what i want to avoid. Went to 6 minutes light exercise on the bike, followed by 2 minutes on step mill, and then a few simple stretches with weight bar and kettleball exercise and then 4 minutes of walking on TM with 15% incline (to build torn Meniscus area) and lower TRIG with coccentric exercise per Peat and do not feel exhausted but just enough exercise 5 times a week. Never exceeding 25 minutes. Again any thoughts let me know and thanks for all the sharing on this sight. I eat stricter when I exercise but not too much if I keep it minimislitc etc...

docall18

Have been trying 600mg micronized pregnenolone per day for the last 4 or 5 days. Must say results have been promising. The higher dose seems to be doing the trick. Got night-sweats, bloating etc for the first couple of days, but it seems to be easing up now.

Am taking high dose aspirin to control any detox reactions. Also taking P5P B6 to control adrenaline. Both these help A LOT.

Am going to continue with these three supps for a while.

Spondive

How much would you say for high dosage of prog?