Taking Mirtazapine and T3 before bed very soon. Good idea?

GelatinGoblin

I will take T3 and Mirtazapine together after a good meal + walk before bed.
Is this a good idea? Will I get too much Serotogenic reaction? (5-HT is increased in frontal cortex with T3, Mirtazapine is slightly Serotogenic)
Also does T3 increase Noradrenaline? Mirtazapine is Noradrenergic. Edit: seems that metabolically it reduces Noradrenaline but has some effects on receptors.
Mirtazapine may cause some type of Hypotension. Does T3 cause Hyper?
T3 is a slight stimulant in some way, Mirtazapine is a Depressant. Is this problematic?
Thank you.

Last edited:
OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

Wait a minute! Mirtazapine is Alpha-2-adrenoceptor antagonist. Does T3 have effect on this? Edit: yes it does.
Mirtazapine has effect on 5-HT in frontal cortex, too much Serotogenic and Noradrenergic reaction is possible.
Taking SSRI and Thyroid hormone may not be a good idea. Any input here?

Last edited:
OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

"Pharmacological mechanisms which have been proposed to account for the potentiating effect of T3 on
antidepressant action include actions via nuclear receptors on gene expression, effects on membrane-bound
receptors, and actions at the second-messenger level. Interactions of T3 with mechanisms involved in
noradrenergic and serotonergic neurotransmission are of particular interest in that these systems..."

"Thyroid hormone and norepinephrine: effects on alpha-2, beta, and reuptake sites in cerebral cortex and heart:
Abstract
Thyroid hormone produces metabolic effects similar to those of stimulation of noradrenergic receptors. It has been reported, however, that norepinephrine turnover is reduced during thyrotoxicosis and that beta-noradrenergic receptor number is increased. Metabolic effects of thyroid hormone may therefore reduce noradrenergic activity. We examined effects of thyroid hormone administration or production of hypothyroidism with methimazole on receptors associated with regulation of noradrenergic function. Treatment with thyroid hormone increased beta-receptor binding, increased alpha-2 receptor binding, and decreased desipramine binding, opposite to effects of hypothyroidism produced by methimazole. Heart was more sensitive than brain to these effects. These data are consistent with reduced noradrenergic activity during hyperthyroidism, possibly mediated by an increase in autoreceptor function."

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

Any more input? I want to know if I can take T3 and Mirtazapine today or not.

Frankdee20

Why do people think thyroid before bed is a good idea ? Thyroid hormones are stimulants and are natural amphetamines

Frankdee20

Mirtazepine is very helpful for sleep on it’s own

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

Why do people think thyroid before bed is a good idea ? Thyroid hormones are stimulants and are natural amphetamines
As per Ray to some extent. I think he does not look at it exactly like a stimulant, can't really remember the details.
He gave some to a doctor with Insomnia and the doctor said the stuff is stronger than Heroin. Not word to word in my part but something similar. Many people report very deep sleep on T3 on here.
?‍♂️

Vileplume

As per Ray to some extent. I think he does not look at it exactly like a stimulant, can't really remember the details.
He gave some to a doctor with Insomnia and the doctor said the stuff is stronger than Heroin. Not word to word in my part but something similar. Many people report very deep sleep on T3 on here.
?‍♂️
T3 lowered my adrenaline and did help me sleep. I also needed a tiny bit of T4, after a few days of T3 only, to sleep even more deeply.

In an interview, Dr. Peat talks about giving T3 to a fellow speaker at a conference who hadn’t slept for days, and according to Peat the man came back the next day amazed, having slept very well. (Edit, this is the same story you just narrated!)

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

T3 lowered my adrenaline and did help me sleep. I also needed a tiny bit of T4, after a few days of T3 only, to sleep even more deeply.
Interesting. Thank you
In an interview, Dr. Peat talks about giving T3 to a fellow speaker at a conference who hadn’t slept for days, and according to Peat the man came back the next day amazed, having slept very well. (Edit, this is the same story you just narrated!)
?

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

Probably not going to... Maybe another day

Hopefully this thread is useful to someone else

dukesbobby777

The problem with just taking T3 towards bed time is that it increases metabolism and temps. Being hot and stuffy can make it hard to wind down and sleep. So metabolic increasing effects can manifest as stimulant effects, also depending on what you eat during the day (or perhaps lack of what’s eaten, which would result in stress hormone effects).

I find aspirin (a thyroid mimetic) impossible to sleep on, despite the success others here have with it.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

I’d think T4 and T3 together are better

ebs

The problem with just taking T3 towards bed time is that it increases metabolism and temps. Being hot and stuffy can make it hard to wind down and sleep. So metabolic increasing effects can manifest as stimulant effects, also depending on what you eat during the day (or perhaps lack of what’s eaten, which would result in stress hormone effects).

I find aspirin (a thyroid mimetic) impossible to sleep on, despite the success others here have with it.

I believe to have read somewhere that aspirin is a gaba receptor antagonist. I don't respond well to it either.

ilhanxx

t3 is very good sleep inducer. lugol do the same effect. I use When I feel uncomfortable or jittery before bed. A little bit t3 make me more soft. I didn't see the ray's t3 sleep advice. Ray is always right again.

Frankdee20

t3 is very good sleep inducer. lugol do the same effect. I use When I feel uncomfortable or jittery before bed. A little bit t3 make me more soft. I didn't see the ray's t3 sleep advice. Ray is always right again.
Then why does thyroid induce anxiety and panic and some report insomnia ?

Frankdee20

I believe to have read somewhere that aspirin is a gaba receptor antagonist. I don't respond well to it either.
You’re correct, it does block GABA and maybe some people sleep well on it due to lowering of Cortisol

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

Then why does thyroid induce anxiety and panic and some report insomnia ?
Because they don't have enough Liver Glycogen or blood Amino-Acids and nutrition to support the heightened metabolism causing Cortisol and Adrenaline release.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals