Taking bleach to reduce gut damage from starches?

gretchen

http://itsthewooo.blogspot.com/2015/03/ ... i.html?m=1

The blogpost is about the evils of starches. The blogger Wooo says she got an e-mail from someone saying he had success fixing his starch-caused gut damage using bleach:

I did 0.8 ml of concentrated Clorox (8%) in a gelatin capsule chased by ~30 ounces of water at about 6 PM Saturday night. I felt nothing unusual that night and absolutely zero adverse reactions (poop talk warning).....

Has anyone tried this?

OP
G

gretchen

This is the original post about the experiment:
http://itsthewooo.blogspot.com/2015/03/ ... t.html?m=1

She says it made her mellow/calm possibly because it kills everything thereby rebalancing gut flora:

I am unexpected/surprised by the calming, sedative, 5ht/gaba like effects. My hypothesis is using low dose bleach is the ideal way to treat dysbiosis as it targets overpopulated pathogenic strains which naturally disinhibits the activity of the other colonies suppressed by pathogenic flora. Because bleach kills everything equally, unlike antibiotics, bleach naturally rebalance your flora via its non-selectivity. Those that get axed are those who are in the way. The suppressed bugs will naturally grow w/o the inhibitory pressure of overgrowth of pathogenic flora.

It probably has very anti-serotonin effects.

Since no one has probably tried this I will.

pboy

bleach is pretty caustic, I mean I see why it might do something like kill an infection, but I somehow think anything like that will just predispose you to something else, or something worse. You cant cheat the body, if you attempt to harshly correct something rather than remove the offender and gently nourish yourself back to health, it just bites back and is a vicious circle. You cant cover up one sin with another, it might remove the first, but then you have the one you just did to deal with. The next day that person will be looking up how to remove bleach from the body

Peata

I've heard of people bathing in bleach water for health benefits, and my Grandma would put some bleach in drinking water when she was going to store it for a while for emergencies (before bottled water was the big thing).

narouz

I'm pretty sure Peat
would run screaming from the notion of consuming bleach.

tara

Chlorine bleach is great for killing microbes, but I think it's quite toxic to humans too.
The only reason I would use bleach in drinking water would be in extreme circumstances to kill microorganisms if there was no safer drinking water available. And then I would leave the bleached water in an open container for a bit to let most of the chlorine evaporate before drinking it. I regret putting it in bath water for a period in the distant past.
I occasionally use it to wash surfaces prone to mould, but that's all.

tara

I wish all our swimming pools had a safer treatment than heavy chlorination, too.

InChristAlone

Would this be similar to using MMS? MIracle Mineral Supplement

tara

I don't know much about MMS, but I don't think chlorine bleach is a useful way to supplement any minerals.

You know candle wax also works pretty well.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

gretchen

Such_Saturation said:
All for a little potato

No, actually I've eaten no starch in the last two months.

So I tried it. I put 1/2 a teaspoon of bleach in a gallon of water. Before doing so I noticed on the bleach bottle label it says using any other use of the product other than what is described on the label is against federal law. So keep that in mind. Actually, I got freaked out immediately after reading that and poured half the water out. Then I filled it back up and put 1/4 teaspoon back in. I drank the mixture over the weekend. It tasted like pool water.

There's nothing really to report other than slight sensations in my intestines. There were no well-formed bowels; in fact, actually, they seemed worse. The first night might have been dreamless. I couldn't drink it all and stopped on Sunday. Since adding back ghee, garlic and vinegar my bowels are better. Not sure if I would do this again. I might put 1/4 a teaspoon in a glass later this week. But since I generally have eaten very little starch in the last 10 years there may be no point.
I think emfs might be a factor.

To reduce or heal gut damage:

-glycine
-taurine
-carrots
-charcoal powder
-tetracyclines
-cyproheptadine

XPlus

That looks like some severe case of bacterial paleosis.

OP
G

gretchen

XPlus said:
That looks like some severe case of bacterial paleosis.

No, actually my bowels were better about ten years ago when I was vlc.

XPlus

I was referring to that bleach girl

I think we all can do better 10 years ago on any diet.
It must be stress that hurt your digestion.

Back
Top Bottom