Take B1 With Vitamin C - It Helps Block The Effects Of Thiaminase

ddjd

hey guys, not my own post but thought it was interesting and worth sharing in the forum

"I know Nathan Hatch gets a bad rap around here, but wanted to give one of his suggestions a nod...
I had initially tried Thiamine years ago and had some good results, but eventually found that it didn't help and even seemed to make things worse.
But, in trying thiamine with Vitamin C (which helps block the effects of thiaminase) I'm noticing the same effects of Thiamine I used to experience when I first started supplementing (high body temp, reduction in lactate/ammonia, energy, stinky skin - which is the excretion of iron as thiamine binds and removes it, etc).
I've been taking 1-2g of vitamin c whenever I supplement with Thiamine and it's working well.
Nathan's theory is that bad bacteria generate Thiaminase and Vitamin C blocks it and it's effects. Working really well for me."

JKX

I like Nathan. Why does he get a bad rap? His beliefs are similar to Ray's. He has gone down the rabbit hole of gut bacteria but his recommendations I've generally found pretty helpful.

Recoen

If you’re using ascorbate acid >250mg per day watch for oxalate issues.

Dr. B

hey guys, not my own post but thought it was interesting and worth sharing in the forum

"I know Nathan Hatch gets a bad rap around here, but wanted to give one of his suggestions a nod...
I had initially tried Thiamine years ago and had some good results, but eventually found that it didn't help and even seemed to make things worse.
But, in trying thiamine with Vitamin C (which helps block the effects of thiaminase) I'm noticing the same effects of Thiamine I used to experience when I first started supplementing (high body temp, reduction in lactate/ammonia, energy, stinky skin - which is the excretion of iron as thiamine binds and removes it, etc).
I've been taking 1-2g of vitamin c whenever I supplement with Thiamine and it's working well.
Nathan's theory is that bad bacteria generate Thiaminase and Vitamin C blocks it and it's effects. Working really well for me."
interesting, which vitamin C product, is Quali Cs 500mg ascorbic acid the best? so is vitamin C doing something specific to thiaminase bacteria or is it some general anti bacterial effect of vitamin C ascorbic acid. regardless, is there anything else that can be used to replace the vitamin C.

Amazoniac

- Iron and Chelation in Biochemistry and Medicine: New Approaches to Controlling Iron Metabolism and Treating Related Diseases

Most of the thiamin in the body occurs as thiamin diphosphate (or pyrophosphate), I think that it can complex with cations like adenoside diphosphate (such as ZnADP/MnADP), then it must be with ferrous iron (Fe2+). The amount of iron available for complexation must be low, the level of thiamin won't be high, and, as far as I know, there's nothing in the thiamin diphosphate molecule that makes its affinity unique. Sate mentioned that he was noticing body odor with relatively low doses, so I find it questionable that it's from chelation.

Body odor isn't necessarily iron being excreted through the skin, leading to germs thriving on it. Sulfur can be metabolized in our abdominal brain or skin and cause these odors, they can be detected in excretions (feces, urine, sweat, breath, perhaps hair and nail as well) especially when its metabolism is compromised. Thiamin consumed beyond your capability to utilize might promote its fast elimination through diverse routes, turning the person into a sulfur fountain. Some people report similar pungent smells after eating onions or garlic.

Ascourgic acid in large amounts has a fiber-like effect, so it can perturb microbial activity. However, if you placed a bag of thiamin in front of the advocates of Hormones Matter or E. O. Nutrition it would disappear, right? This is in spite of them not possessing thiaminases. Any microbe that uses thiamin can rob the person of it, doesn't have to be explained by a specific enzyme.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals