T4 -> T3 Conversion And RT3 Buildup

jase_11six

Hi Peaters,

How can i increase the conversion of t4 to t3 and reduce the accumulation of rt3 without having to take t3?

my t3 and t4 levels are fine

Need your suggestions !

thanks!

Jsaute21

I would search the forum for this as @haidut and others have laid out many healthy posts but increasing the conversion of T4 to T3 and reducing RT3 is essentially what Peat's teachings aim to accomplish. Eating micronutrient rich (calcium, fat soluble vitamins, vitamin c, etc.) with plenty of good carbohydrates (Maple Syrup, milk, potatoes without skin, OJ, other fruits, some sugar etc.) while avoiding PUFA are certainly helpful strategies.
Hi Peaters,

How can i increase the conversion of t4 to t3 and reduce the accumulation of rt3 without having to take t3?

my t3 and t4 levels are fine

Need your suggestions !

thanks!

Elize

Selenium did it for me. I use 1 drop a day or every 2 days and use a liquid version.

Birdie

Selenium did it for me. I use 1 drop a day or every 2 days and use a liquid version.
Just to say that I have a little sticky note above my supplements that says, "Ray says Selenium supps aren't good."
Every time I run into a Ray Warning, I make a sticky note, no references on the notes though.

TeaRex14

You need carbs (preferably sugar) and selenium to convert T4 into T3. Also, too much endotoxin in the gut can interfere with T4 conversion. Estrogen dominance and high cortisol can also be problems. Carrot salads, activated charcoal, and cypro when needed could all help in that regard. If you can get a quality vitamin E supplement, that would also be worth it in my opinion. Problem is, literally 99% of vitamin E supplements are complete trash. Something made from wheat germ is definitely best, Idealabs is the only vendor I know who sells such a product.

olive

There was talk on the Travis Corner about kaempferol increasing T4 > T3 conversion. I try to eat capers often since they’re fairly good source.

Douglas Ek

Dr Peat doesn't agree with iron, but it really helps my T4 to T3 conversion.

It helps for a lot of people. Its the deiodinase enzyme Deiodinase - Wikipedia
Which is dependent on iron. But people rather be ignorant and have hypothyroid symptoms than accepting they’re wrong about iron being so damn dangerous. Im sure overload of iron is bad. But thats overload. Overload of many nutrients are bad.

tara

Consider:
- Is you basic metabolism low? Are you measuring body temps or something so you can monitor changes?
- Are you meeting all basic needs for a healthy metabolism - nutrition, sunlight, breathing, appropriate movement, ...? If not, how can you?
- Do you have any factors signalling the body to suppress metabolism? Eg history or current real or imitation famine, or other severe stress? If so, what can you do to remove or counteract them?

Elize

I am switching to Tirosint-Sol a new Thyroid meds as it has only glycerin, water and T4. Can be taken with food. I have problems when I take T3 .

Andy316

There was talk on the Travis Corner about kaempferol increasing T4 > T3 conversion. I try to eat capers often since they’re fairly good source.

How has your experience been with Capers? Any benefits from them? I heard they are very high in Rutin which is a Anti-histamine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals