T3s Relationship To Liver Glycogen Story

Jsaute21

@haidut @jitsmonkey @Stryker how do you feel cynomel/tyronene affect liver glycogen storage? I ask because my health is improving somewhat rapidly, which means that I don't have "that low blood sugar" feeling quite as often as I used to in between meals. Very good thing. My question is does t3 ever make you hungrier faster than you theoretically should be? I have seen Peat say that thyroid has a way of correcting blood sugar issues, but sometimes I feel as if it makes me burn through my glycogen too quickly.

jitsmonkey

pulse/temps/mood/sleep quality
I don't think you need a theoretical narrative about your hunger.
If your metrics are good
If you eat when you're hungry
If you aren't gaining weight from the added hunger and food
its fine.
If this is not what's happening then it would be cause for further investigation

"burning through glycogen too quickly" would be the narrative around metrics that would indicate stress.
One of the most important parts of Ray's work imho is you don't have to understand to understand.
You don't have to understand the deep end of the physiology pool to benefit you just need to
accurately track your metrics. Not saying you shouldn't understand, its just not necessary, your
metrics tell you what you need to know, especially when things are going well.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut @jitsmonkey @Stryker how do you feel cynomel/tyronene affect liver glycogen storage? I ask because my health is improving somewhat rapidly, which means that I don't have "that low blood sugar" feeling quite as often as I used to in between meals. Very good thing. My question is does t3 ever make you hungrier faster than you theoretically should be? I have seen Peat say that thyroid has a way of correcting blood sugar issues, but sometimes I feel as if it makes me burn through my glycogen too quickly.

If you are fasted, T3 would likely mobilize glycogen from storage and use it up for energy. It also depends on the dose. In lower doses it probably makes you use glucose more efficiently and thus spare glycogen. But in higher doses sufficient to induce uncoupling, T3 will probably deplete glycogen due to increased metabolic rate.

OP
J

Jsaute21

If you are fasted, T3 would likely mobilize glycogen from storage and use it up for energy. It also depends on the dose. In lower doses it probably makes you use glucose more efficiently and thus spare glycogen. But in higher doses sufficient to induce uncoupling, T3 will probably deplete glycogen due to increased metabolic rate.

That makes sense. Which dose do you estimate would bring on the uncoupling effect? I typically take no more than 10-15 mcg a day tops.

haidut

Forum Supporter
That makes sense. Which dose do you estimate would bring on the uncoupling effect? I typically take no more than 10-15 mcg a day tops.

Unless the person is very hypothyroid, a single dose of 10mcg T3 (or more) should uncouple. The effects is usually short lived though.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Unless the person is very hypothyroid, a single dose of 10mcg T3 (or more) should uncouple. The effects is usually short lived though.
What does uncoupling feel like? Shrinking of the midriff and an energy boost?

OP
J

Jsaute21

pulse/temps/mood/sleep quality
I don't think you need a theoretical narrative about your hunger.
If your metrics are good
If you eat when you're hungry
If you aren't gaining weight from the added hunger and food
its fine.
If this is not what's happening then it would be cause for further investigation

"burning through glycogen too quickly" would be the narrative around metrics that would indicate stress.
One of the most important parts of Ray's work imho is you don't have to understand to understand.
You don't have to understand the deep end of the physiology pool to benefit you just need to
accurately track your metrics. Not saying you shouldn't understand, its just not necessary, your
metrics tell you what you need to know, especially when things are going well.

Good answer. I am not gaining weight currently from hunger or food. I feel pretty damn good most of the time. Pulse rises substantially with food and then drops an hour or so after. Do you feel as if thyroid helps with this sustainability of high metabolism in between meals?

ddjd

T3 will also deplete your vitamin A stores don't forget

jitsmonkey

Higher Metabolism uses more nutrients of every sort period.
A would be one of them
To say T3 depletes A is only partly accurate.

Its like saying when you step on the gas pedal of your car and increase RPMs
you use up the hydrogen compounds faster than compared to when RPMs are lower
and the gas pedal is not as engaged. Well that is technically true but you're also
using up ALL of the other components that make up the gas not just the hydrogen compounds.

A is "depleted" or in higher demand in any scenario that increases metabolism significantly
especially if uncoupling is part of the context we're calling "increased metabolism"

Its not a subtle distinction.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
What does uncoupling feel like? Shrinking of the midriff and an energy boost?

More like feeling hot and thirsty, and sweating all the time. You tend to lose weight fairly rapidly. That's why drugs like DNP are used, but if not done carefully too much uncoupling can kill.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals