T3 And Neuropathic Pain

Pointless

I bought some T3 and T4 from USA Peptide in separate bottles. I take the T3 3 times a day, and with the last dose, I take twice as much T4 along with it. They are both in 200 mcg/mL, which would be an approximate dose of 10 mcg/drop. I try to eat it with food to prolong the spike in bioavailability.

Anyway, I've been getting tingling in my feet a lot right after I take it. Once, it was incredibly strong. I researched online to see what could be causing it.

Magnesium deficiency came up, so I used some topical magnesium. I used a ton, and it might've helped for a bit, but it comes back.

Another possibility is B6 toxicity. I've been taking 150 mg P5p, yes I know a dangerous dose, but my hemorrhoids get really bad if I don't. Maybe the thyroid has made the B6 suddenly bioavailable, and now I'm toxic? Just speculation. I stopped taking the P5p completely.

Another possibility is B12 deficiency, which has been suggested as a possibility with hypothyroidism. Since I have a history of celiac's and inflammatory bowel disease, this is very possible, but at one point I was taking huge doses of methyl-B12 and adenosyl-B12 sublingual.

I've heard people mention tingling extremities with T3, but nothing definite about what causes it. Can anyone provide more clarity on this? Thanks.

Trix

I bought some T3 and T4 from USA Peptide in separate bottles. I take the T3 3 times a day, and with the last dose, I take twice as much T4 along with it. They are both in 200 mcg/mL, which would be an approximate dose of 10 mcg/drop. I try to eat it with food to prolong the spike in bioavailability.

Anyway, I've been getting tingling in my feet a lot right after I take it. Once, it was incredibly strong. I researched online to see what could be causing it.

Magnesium deficiency came up, so I used some topical magnesium. I used a ton, and it might've helped for a bit, but it comes back.

Another possibility is B6 toxicity. I've been taking 150 mg P5p, yes I know a dangerous dose, but my hemorrhoids get really bad if I don't. Maybe the thyroid has made the B6 suddenly bioavailable, and now I'm toxic? Just speculation. I stopped taking the P5p completely.

Another possibility is B12 deficiency, which has been suggested as a possibility with hypothyroidism. Since I have a history of celiac's and inflammatory bowel disease, this is very possible, but at one point I was taking huge doses of methyl-B12 and adenosyl-B12 sublingual.

I've heard people mention tingling extremities with T3, but nothing definite about what causes it. Can anyone provide more clarity on this? Thanks.
I would think you might need Allithiamine (B1) as it works on the nervous system, well, I guess most B's do. Magnesium seems to help a myriad of issues, mainly when things get too excited in the body, it helps calm things. Also Allithiamine helps build the brush border/mucousal lining in the intestinal tract, with a history of IBD or celiac, this would be beneficial.

postman

For me, T3 cures paresthesia. If I were you I would first cut out t4 completely and see if it resolves, and if that wouldn't work I would try lowering the T3 dose.

OP
Pointless

Pointless

Maybe neuropathic pain is the wrong phrase.

I don't think T4 is the issue because I got it even before I started using T4. Sometimes I'm using doses of T3 up to 10 mcg, so maybe that is causing too much rT3, and really this is a functional deficiency of T3.

M

marikay

I'm pretty sure from my own experience that the b6 is causing the tingling. If b12 is not helping, then maybe staying off the b6 is necessary for a while. And even if you go back on the b6, maybe you should just use 10mgs or less as Ray suggests. Epsom salt baths should help with the hemorrhoids as well as cascara. And then there is the carrot salad, though you don't mention whether or not you eat this daily.

10 mcgs of t3 is too much at one time. the most i would use is 5mcgs and even then make sure you take it with food.

Hope you feel better soon.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals