Synthetic Vitamins

Franz

I was wondering what the opinion here was about synthetic vitamins.
The fruit drink I usually buy now (like the taste and it's relatively cheap) contains only fruit juice concentrate, water, sugar and added vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B8, B12, C, E, and K). I guess those are pretty nice vitamins to have, but they're probably synthetic (right?)...

cliff

They are probably synthetic but it's probably not an issue. I would be more worried about the carriers they use to add the vitamins and the purity of the vitamins.

Franz

I see, It´s never so simple is it? :P

Hmm I was also considering this supplement for the days that I'm away from home (sometimes over a month, travelling and staying at other people's places when the most I can ask is if they can cook with butter or olive oil). Its iron free... :)

http://www.supplement-analysis.com/index.php?q=adam

Though it might be good to get some extra stuff in those times and I can't be bothered with bringing 10 different bottles of supplements even if that would be better.

Do you think that would be benificial or should I also worry about carriers and purity? It's supposed to be a quality supplement.

nwo2012

Franz said:
I see, It´s never so simple is it? :P

Hmm I was also considering this supplement for the days that I'm away from home (sometimes over a month, travelling and staying at other people's places when the most I can ask is if they can cook with butter or olive oil). Its iron free... :)

http://www.supplement-analysis.com/index.php?q=adam

Though it might be good to get some extra stuff in those times and I can't be bothered with bringing 10 different bottles of supplements even if that would be better.

Do you think that would be benificial or should I also worry about carriers and purity? It's supposed to be a quality supplement.

I get as far as the high beta carotene content and need look no more. Avoid this!
Why not just use the Peat staples? Does not matter where you are staying, you buy milk and OJ and maybe cheese. And take with you. It is not hard to be prepared. I regularly work 18 hour shifts yet do not stray from Peating. I dont get why people cant do the same.

Johhny Tazzle

I've been giving a lot of thought to added vitamins lately, I think they are important to avoid in any form, I wish I knew more about them, but something tells me they mess with digestion, anybody have thoughts on this?

postman

I wonder what solvents they use to extract the vitamins. I've heard most of them are petroleum based, which is not a good thing.

Johhny Tazzle

Interesting, I also wonder if they are in oil too like most supplements, for example vitamin D Is almost always in oil, I guess I want to learn more about them because they are in everything, I wish I could get skim milk without them

Victor Dan

@Franz
Of course they are synthetic!
Vitamins are found usually in Fruits. Vitamins decompose quickly, especially in the intestines where heat and humidity are present. Added Synthetic vitamins can sometimes do their job, if you have no alternatives and only fast food around.
The best way to make your body assimilate more vitamins and nutrients is to EAT FRUITS ONLY ON AN EMPTY STOMACH (or empty intestines).
The best time to eat fruits is in the morning, just after you wake up.
In this way, you are sure that vitamins pass through the clear intestines and stay there for 10-15 minutes. It's enough time for the intestines to assimilate the vitamins and distribute them for chemical reactions.

Victor Dan

HAHAHAH nice work :cat::cat: ..It concludes that lessons of history as well as modern science support the view that natural vitamins are nutritionally superior to synthetic ones.. not indicative of the actual reality. :vomit::vomit: