Synthetic vanilla flavor comes from beavers butt?!

J

j.

Probably a good number of people who sell medicinal products are psychopaths playing the game "what kind of trash can we put in people's bodies?".

4peatssake

Here’s the rub … you certainly won’t see ‘beaver anal secretions’ on your food labels, and you probably won’t see ‘castoreum’ either. All that has to be listed is vanilla natural flavor, because, after all, beaver anal secretions are natural.
:shock:

kiran

I don't know whether to laugh, cry or shout who cares where it comes from, as long as it's not harmful.

Ben

They also feed coffee beans to foxes somewhere in South America, then sell the feces for a high price as a certain type of coffee. Forgot what it was called, but it was named after the specie of foxes. I wonder how people got the idea to try beaver-butt or coffee fox-***t in the first place. Maybe if I experiment, I will find a flavor for chocolate if coffee and vanilla are already discovered.

OP
F

freal

I don't know whether to laugh, cry or shout who cares where it comes from, as long as it's not harmful.

Well I only started this topic because I thought it would be funny and show how crazy the food industry got. Its probably not harmfull. I dont know how can that even be economical, probably because nobody wants this stuff.

The actual vanilla bean production in the world is far too small to keep track of consumption. Most vanilla flavor is a byproduct of paper industry. It is a well known allergen and could be harmful. Its even on the wikipedia site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanillin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:toiletclaw

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals