Synthetic Malic Acid - Is It Harmful?

TreasureVibe

Hi there. Recently I have purchased malic acid for chelation and as an antibiotic for the gut. The label however does not specify wether it is L-,D-, or DL-malic acid. Now I recall after having been googling some, that I read someone mentioning synthetic malic acid (so either the D-, or DL- form) could be toxic to the kidneys and liver. I am yet to receive an e-mail from the manufacturer but I thought I'd go ahead and ask here if it is known wether or not the synthetic form is safe or harmful.

I would like to hear your suggestions if you know more!

Thank you. ;)

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Is Magnesium malate synthetic?
That depends on what form of malic acid is used for the product. If it's the synthetic derived form then you could consider it synthetic. The synthetic form is apparently much cheaper than the natural form.

Pompadour

I tried to took Nature's Life, Malic Acid, 800 mg - for about a week - in order to help with sluggish gallbladder. But it provoked the episode of pancreathitis. It was the first time in my life and very painfull. It was last july and took about a month to subside.
Of course as i have sluggish gallbladder and bad heredity i had before some detectable via ultrasound changes in my pancreas (it looked with not even structure). But i've never had pancreatitis before taking malic acid.
So i don't want to say that malic acid is always bad for everyone... but in my situation it seemed to be a trigger.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I tried to took Nature's Life, Malic Acid, 800 mg - for about a week - in order to help with sluggish gallbladder. But it provoked the episode of pancreathitis. It was the first time in my life and very painfull. It was last july and took about a month to subside.
Of course as i have sluggish gallbladder and bad heredity i had before some detectable via ultrasound changes in my pancreas (it looked with not even structure). But i've never had pancreatitis before taking malic acid.
So i don't want to say that malic acid is always bad for everyone... but in my situation it seemed to be a trigger.
Wow, how did the pancreathitis present itself? Did you actually felt your pancreas being inflamed? I actually woke up with a slight dull feeling internally on my right side and from the back after having taken a capsule the night before.. Could be my gallbladder as I have had possible pain in that before, but I hope it is not my pancreas I am feeling now.

I really wonder what form of malic acid is in Nature's Life's product. I have sent them an e-mail already, hope to receive a reply soon. Meanwhile have ordered L-malic acid from PureBulk but I have sent them an e-mail as well asking if it's not synthetic.

Pompadour

Did you actually felt your pancreas being inflamed?
Yes, in my case it was a pain from the center and to the left side. The pain from gallbladder for me presents more from the center towards the right side. And the feeling was not the same as from gallbladder. And it was with me for almost a month and all i could actually eat was a little honey and later some mashed boiled vegetables and meats.
I assure you, that when it is pancreatitis, it feels very different from anything else.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Yes, in my case it was a pain from the center and to the left side. The pain from gallbladder for me presents more from the center towards the right side. And the feeling was not the same as from gallbladder. And it was with me for almost a month and all i could actually eat was a little honey and later some mashed boiled vegetables and meats.
I assure you, that when it is pancreatitis, it feels very different from anything else.
Thanks!! So pancreas = left side, gallbladder = right side. I only have right side so I think it is my gallbladder and I must say the malic acid did lower the pain a bit so it could be stones perhaps..

I hope to hear soon from those companies! I would rather use natural L-malic acid than synthetic to avoid anything crazy.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

1 day after I have taken a 800 mg capsule of malic acid by Nature's Life I had a very bad dream and during the dream I felt a very cramping pain in my left arm and my left chest, near my heart.. The day before that night and the day after I had a very intense twitching left eye... I still feel a pain in my left chest. (Current feeling could be my costochondritis playing up which I had before but not anymore) the day before the night I also took a 5000 IU vitamin D3 softgel, along with a Pau D'Arco tablet and a herbal lung formula with bromelain in it. This one: https://nl.iherb.com/pr/Natural-Factors-Lung-Bronchial-Sinus-Health-45-Tablets/47350 I also remember that in the days before I took the malic acid I megadosed vitamin C as ascorbic acid for like 3 days, with about 4000 mg per day. A couple of days before that I also took L-Lysine and L-Proline once.

Could it be that the malic acid caused a magnesium deficiency causing the cramping and heartache?

Last edited:

syncronicity

Pompadour, from your description, it sounds like the malic acid was working. The primary biliary duct drains from the liver-> GB ->pancreas ->duodenum. I think you experienced congestion from the GB shifting into the pancreas, which resulted in pancreatitis. You may want to consider looking into a liver and gall bladder flush in conjuction with continued malic acid. Look up Andreas Moritz’s protocol for the liver & gall bladder flush, there’s an active fb group.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals