Syndrome X

OP
P

Peatness

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kayaker

"Use of common B-vitamin-containing supplements by patients with heart failure did not significantly reduce deficiency rates in comparison with those who did not use supplements"

Then I thought they are excreted more.

"Finally, while 80% of patients with heart failure took diuretics, neither the dose nor the duration of furosemide use was related to the presence of either B-2 or B-6 deficiency"

But what about B1 deficiency?

I guess their bodies use the vitamins up faster. In which case, taking them is obviously a good idea, but there's likely an underlying problem.

Peatress

Patients with heart failure are especially vulnerable, as they receive large doses of furosemide (Lasix) and other potent diuretics [42, 43].

In one clinical trial, high doses of furosemide (80 mg/day) caused severe thiamine deficiency in 98% of patients (24/25). Besides increasing urination, this drug may also directly inhibit thiamine uptake into the cells that need it [44, 45].

"Use of common B-vitamin-containing supplements by patients with heart failure did not significantly reduce deficiency rates in comparison with those who did not use supplements"

Then I thought they are excreted more.

"Finally, while 80% of patients with heart failure took diuretics, neither the dose nor the duration of furosemide use was related to the presence of either B-2 or B-6 deficiency"

But what about B1 deficiency?

I guess their bodies use the vitamins up faster. In which case, taking them is obviously a good idea, but there's likely an underlying problem.
Also reduced cellular uptake. There is little evidence because it has not been studied, but I believe that stressed cells do not uptake vitamins from the blood at the same rate as highly energized cells. It seems to be a measure to spare the vitamins for more essential tissues. For example Ray talked about a study where after inducing B2 deficiency, higher dosages were required to avoid subsequent deficiency symptoms, even when the deficiency should have been corrected. Abram Hoffer hypothesised that certain illnesses would cause "vitamin dependencies" where dosages far larger than what would be reasonably expected were needed to make an improvement.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals