Symptoms Of Autism Known To Improve During Fever (Increased Body Temperature)

Clyde

Ray Peat liked to talk about the significance of body temperature and how it can treat disease. The study was published in 2007 and the article in 2019.

"Conclusions: We documented behavior change among children with autism spectrum disorders during fever. The data suggest that these changes might not be solely the byproduct of general effects of sickness on behavior; however, more research is needed to prove conclusively fever-specific effects and elucidate their underlying biological mechanisms (possibly involving immunologic and neurobiological pathways, intracellular signaling, and synaptic plasticity)."

"For many years, the parents of children with autism have reported that behavioral symptoms diminished when the child had a fever. The fever phenomenon has been documented in at least two large-scale studies over the past 15 years, but the reasons behind it have continued to mystify scientists."

Last edited:
OP
C

Clyde

Wow that's really cool. Never heard of that.
That was my exact reaction when I read about it today and I couldn't find it on the forum even though it's old news. The study is 15 years old and the Harvard article is 2019. I'm sure knowledge about this goes back further than 15 years if people want to dig a little.

Last edited:

Deborah888

Wow. That's interesting. I do notice that whenever I get sick with a fever, I feel BETTER in every other way besides the illness. I had an integrative doctor once who told me that lyme critters know how to keep your body temp low enough for their survival. I have since wondered if something is getting killed off when I have a fever.

joaquin

Aspirin reduces fever.

Back
Top Bottom