Swollen Uvula

ntking51

Hello,

last night I drank a bunch of cranberry vodkas, and woke up with a swollen Uvula. Could this be a histamine reaction? Or dehydration? I don’t think I’ve ever experienced this. I’m not sick or anything. Would an anti histamine help?

thanks

achillea

We heard Sally Norton had that and it was oxalates. She has a you tube channel and covers the many manifestations of oxalates. Cannot remember if cranberry is a high oxalate,

Jing

I've had this for years just seems to always be slightly swollen some days worse than others I can't seem to find out why.

OP
N

ntking51

I've had this for years just seems to always be slightly swollen some days worse than others I can't seem to find out why.
Also how long did it take for the swelling to go down?

tallglass13

Lol it feels like something is in my throat. So annoying
Yes this is happened to me a handful of times and it's very scary it almost feels like I'm choking .. It happened after I drank Jack and Cokes. It can happen for many irritation, one time it happened after I ate a whole submarine sandwich and I think all the bread .irritated the back of my through. And some people say it's from dehydration which would make sense from alcohol. You should keep Benadryl and prednisone on hand in case it closes your throat . Rehydration helps

OP
N

ntking51

Yes this is happened to me a handful of times and it's very scary it almost feels like I'm choking .. It happened after I drank Jack and Cokes. It can happen for many irritation, one time it happened after I ate a whole submarine sandwich and I think all the bread .irritated the back of my through. And some people say it's from dehydration which would make sense from alcohol. You should keep Benadryl and prednisone on hand in case it closes your throat . Rehydration helps

good info. I appreciate it! Thanks. Did your Uvula ever go back to normal?

OP
N

ntking51

can you get prednisone over the counter? If not you have a source?

tallglass13

can you get prednisone over the counter? If not you have a source?
No I actually got it from I work.. I work in the medical field ... however you should go to the Urgent Care or ER next time it happens and ask for a prescription .. It could save your life

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals