Switching to OJ concentrate and powdered milk makes a huge difference

Sefton10

Also, hydroxyapatite nanoparticles are created in the milk during the drying proccess.

You don't want nanoparticles in your digestive system.
I think this was Ray's main issue with powdered milk more recently. He was for it a while ago.

Jennifer

I searched Jodellefit’s Q & As with Ray for his current opinion on powdered milk since they’re some of his more recent interviews and I think I may have found what you’re referring to, @Sefton10. Below Ray talks about the new technology used to microscopically coat powdered milk with nanoparticles so it will flow easily:

Do you guys think if powdered milk clumps up then it’s likely not coated?

Sefton10

I searched Jodellefit’s Q & As with Ray for his current opinion on powdered milk since they’re some of his more recent interviews and I think I may have found what you’re referring to, @Sefton10. Below Ray talks about the new technology used to microscopically coat powdered milk with nanoparticles so it will flow easily:

Do you guys think if powdered milk clumps up then it’s likely not coated?

Thanks @Jennifer, I knew I’d heard him mention it somewhere! My guess would be if it flows really well without clumping it’s likely coated. I wonder if organic products are prevented from using this technology?

Sefton10

I’ve been looking into the milk fat globule membrane in the last few days. I’ve never heard Ray refer to it specifically. It seems it is destroyed in standard milk processing, yet it is responsible for many of the health benefits of unhomogenised/full fat dairy vs homogenised/skim etc.

Does anyone know if double cream still has the membrane intact, or is cream as sold in stores homogenised?

Jennifer

That's my reasoning at least.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I appreciate it. :)

Thanks @Jennifer, I knew I’d heard him mention it somewhere! My guess would be if it flows really well without clumping it’s likely coated. I wonder if organic products are prevented from using this technology?

You’re welcome! Thank you for letting us know about the nanoparticles, and thank you for sharing your opinion. :) I would hope that organic companies are prevented from using the technology, but they’ve been allowed to include some shady ingredients in their products like carrageenan so it’s hard to say. The goat’s milk powder I get comes from what seems to be a reputable company (Mt. Capra) and I contacted them a while ago to see if it was 100% free of additives, including anti-caking agents, and I was told yes so I hope it’s true. I’ve been using it for close to a year now and have experienced nothing but positive benefits from it, even more so than raw A2/A2 cow’s milk. Raw goat’s milk treats me the best but a close second is the powdered goat’s milk. Much like fruit, it’s really light on my system.

Sefton10

I’ve been using it for close to a year now and have experienced nothing but positive benefits from it
That’s always the best test. I‘ve no doubt you’re well dialled into how stuff affects your body so I think any issues with it would have shown up by now. It’s always nice when you find a product that works and you can trust.

Jennifer

That’s always the best test. I‘ve no doubt you’re well dialled into how stuff affects your body so I think any issues with it would have shown up by now. It’s always nice when you find a product that works and you can trust.

True! I won’t worry then. Thanks again! :)

Dr. B

True! I won’t worry then. Thanks again! :)
do you have any thoughts or info to share on unflavored, cold processed non gmo grass fed whey protein powder? was thinking of getting some and just eating it by the scoop... just for some additional protein. dont want to drink a whole gallon of whole milk...

GelatinGoblin

do you have any thoughts or info to share on unflavored, cold processed non gmo grass fed whey protein powder? was thinking of getting some and just eating it by the scoop... just for some additional protein. dont want to drink a whole gallon of whole milk...
Why not cheese?

Jayvee

Silica is still allowed by organic bodies so I don’t think ‘organic’ protects you as a consumer. I have a supplier who have confirmed nothing is added to their milk... this was a concern I had a while back and I found a few that only freeze dry the milk, I think this okay... No negative reactions anyway.

tankasnowgod

The additional water content is really anti-thyroid, at least in people with already weak thyroids.

Just wanted to share.

Be careful with concentrates with added sugar, because non-organic sugar may have glyphosate.

What benefits or changes have you seen? Is this part of an overall strategy to lower fluid intake?

Dr. B

Silica is still allowed by organic bodies so I don’t think ‘organic’ protects you as a consumer. I have a supplier who have confirmed nothing is added to their milk... this was a concern I had a while back and I found a few that only freeze dry the milk, I think this okay... No negative reactions anyway.

carrageenan is also organic. btw, haidut mentioned this in a podcast with peat and danny, and i confirmed this myself with several milk manufacturers. if a milk product lists vitamin A or D3 added, that is all they have to list in the ingredients list. the industry standard with milk in the USA, is they use polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, and sometimes even sunflower silica and carrageenan as carriers/emulsifiers/preservatives to preserve the vitamins while they are in liquid form, and to help them blend into the milk properly and evenly. those ingredients are considered present in less than 1% of the overall product and insignificant ingredients so none of the milk companies need to list them.

but it does explain why many people have reactions to milk, seemingly even more so than meat and breads. its not the lactose thats the problem, but the potential problems are the pasteurization, the A1 casein protein, and the biggest problem is probably the hidden ingredients. vitamin A and D arent that risky when supplemented but those filler ingredients are.

Im not sure if cheese and yogurt products are required to have vitamins added or if they only use vitamin fortified milk. bread products have added vitamins and iron but since its a dry/baked product it seems they can directly add the vitamins in powder form without needing to use carrier ingredients. meat, at least for now isnt required to have any vitamins added. it is interesting that despite animal meats storing more of the pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and other toxins compared to milk or bread products, the majority of people tolerate meats much better than bread or milk, even when its cheap low quality meat from fast food restaurants.

OP
L

lampofred

What benefits or changes have you seen? Is this part of an overall strategy to lower fluid intake?

it feels like a lot like taking t3. but i've started drinking regular milk again because regular milk just tastes so much better.

Jayvee

carrageenan is also organic. btw, haidut mentioned this in a podcast with peat and danny, and i confirmed this myself with several milk manufacturers. if a milk product lists vitamin A or D3 added, that is all they have to list in the ingredients list. the industry standard with milk in the USA, is they use polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, and sometimes even sunflower silica and carrageenan as carriers/emulsifiers/preservatives to preserve the vitamins while they are in liquid form, and to help them blend into the milk properly and evenly. those ingredients are considered present in less than 1% of the overall product and insignificant ingredients so none of the milk companies need to list them.

but it does explain why many people have reactions to milk, seemingly even more so than meat and breads. its not the lactose thats the problem, but the potential problems are the pasteurization, the A1 casein protein, and the biggest problem is probably the hidden ingredients. vitamin A and D arent that risky when supplemented but those filler ingredients are.

Im not sure if cheese and yogurt products are required to have vitamins added or if they only use vitamin fortified milk. bread products have added vitamins and iron but since its a dry/baked product it seems they can directly add the vitamins in powder form without needing to use carrier ingredients. meat, at least for now isnt required to have any vitamins added. it is interesting that despite animal meats storing more of the pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and other toxins compared to milk or bread products, the majority of people tolerate meats much better than bread or milk, even when its cheap low quality meat from fast food restaurants.

I actually have an organic food business and sadly the 'organic' label doesn't mean what I once thought it did, I have seen the list of permitted ingredients and it is pretty shocking and big. There needs to be an alternative certificate of food standard that doesn't allow for any of the horrible additives. I refuse to use any of the additives anyway but it makes it very difficult to compete with other brands because the additives used like Silica do tend to improve texture, solubility etc. I don't think food brands are evil, it's frustrating, I guess many industries are like this, not everyone wants quality, they just want perceived quality and ensuring quality can leave you behind competitors who cut corners.

Sefton10

I actually have an organic food business and sadly the 'organic' label doesn't mean what I once thought it did, I have seen the list of permitted ingredients and it is pretty shocking and big. There needs to be an alternative certificate of food standard that doesn't allow for any of the horrible additives. I refuse to use any of the additives anyway but it makes it very difficult to compete with other brands because the additives used like Silica do tend to improve texture, solubility etc. I don't think food brands are evil, it's frustrating, I guess many industries are like this, not everyone wants quality, they just want perceived quality and ensuring quality can leave you behind competitors who cut corners.
I've scene a trend in local/small farms moving away from the organic label unless they are a big operation. It seems it is very expensive for them to obtain and there are lots of hoops to jump through. Instead there is a move toward making farms somewhat 'open' whereby you can actually come and see/interact with the animals in their environment and see what they are eating etc. Ironically, many of those animals might be exposed to fewer additives or fortification in their food than those on a certified organic farm.

Dr. B

actually technically pasteurization and homogenization for instance require more processing, more hours thus more expense for the sellers yet they do them because apparently people in the US just demand homogenized milk. what kind of organic products do you sell? and it seems for the most part usda organic is still better than non organic, doesnt usda organic guarantee no antibiotics, hormones and pesticides. the filler ingredients should be listed on the label unless its something like milk where they have to list the added vitamins but not the filler ingredients?

I've scene a trend in local/small farms moving away from the organic label unless they are a big operation. It seems it is very expensive for them to obtain and there are lots of hoops to jump through. Instead there is a move toward making farms somewhat 'open' whereby you can actually come and see/interact with the animals in their environment and see what they are eating etc. Ironically, many of those animals might be exposed to fewer additives or fortification in their food than those on a certified organic farm.

this is what i was wondering about, many of the herdshare programs (farms offering herdshare programs where you can obtain raw milk) say their farms are organic but not certified organic. the farms usually say its too expensive to get the certification. is it truly due to expenses? because i was thinking if they are organic as they say, it should be easy to qualify for the usda organic certification unless it is due to expenses.

Jennifer

Based on my experience, I tend to agree with a lot of Ray’s work so I’m not personally a fan of isolated whey but if you find you tolerate it well and feel better for including it in your diet, I certainly wouldn’t doubt your experience. There’s also the option of making fresh cheese out of your preferred milk using vinegar or rennet to curdle it. That’s what I do—I use vinegar as my coagulant.

I’m grateful for this. I love going to my local farm. I just went today to pick up my goat’s milk for the week and got to play with the new kids and the dogs. I’ve become friendly with the owners over the years and absolutely adore them. I enjoy getting to chat with them and they have always been open about their farming practices. There were two important factors to me when choosing a farm so by talking with them, and getting to see and interact with the animals, I learned they were the right farm for me and I feel good about supporting all the great work they’re doing. They’ve really gone out of their way to help me, especially when I was at my sickest, and I wish more people were given the opportunity to speak with their local farmers and tour the farms. It’s such hard and important work they’re doing.