Switching to OJ concentrate and powdered milk makes a huge difference

Sefton10

Most people who are "obese" or "overweight" don't look as much like they carry a lot of extra fat. It more looks like they are an overinflated water balloon.

I'm wondering if adding dense carbs (like honey or maple syrup or juice concentrate) to an otherwise "dry fast" would have similar or better results.
This seems to be the natural consequence of a starch/grain and PUFA based diet.

mariabrianna

Experiment with it again. I started consuming milk powder recently despite what users on this forum has to say about it and I've noticed nothing but positive results.
Would you mind elaborating on the positive results? Trying to decide if I want to try powdered milk. Thanks

famalalam

Would you mind elaborating on the positive results? Trying to decide if I want to try powdered milk. Thanks
Mostly that I feel warmer in the mornings after drinking it mixed with regular milk and a sweet chocolate powder. It goes well with coffee too.

Dr. B

This seems to be the natural consequence of a starch/grain and PUFA based diet.

do you think nixtamalized corn, sprouted grain flour, potatoes and white rice should be avoided? are they safer and easier to digest than typical starches like pasta, oatmeal, and bread, but still best to be avoided?

Sefton10

do you think nixtamalized corn, sprouted grain flour, potatoes and white rice should be avoided? are they safer and easier to digest than typical starches like pasta, oatmeal, and bread, but still best to be avoided?
I think it’s just very individual and depends on how you do on them and what you have access to. Personally I do better without starches so avoid them. Others do really well on them.

Dr. B

I think it’s just very individual and depends on how you do on them and what you have access to. Personally I do better without starches so avoid them. Others do really well on them.

i can notice the higher the metabolism, the faster digestion occurs and the easier it is to tolerate starches, milk, eggs or any other product... but even then i dont think its good to be eating pufa or grains just because you can seemingly digest them quickly and not suffer ill effects.

Motif

In my experience it's true ,but this can be avoided by upping the sodium.
I needed 2-3 tbps of salt when drinking 3 l of milk and 2 of OJ and only peed 3 times daily.
How did you know you needed it and specially that much?

Razvan

How did you know you needed it and specially that much?
Brain fog and craving starch.
Starch craving is usually the need of sodium.
After eating salted cheese and or meat usually the starch craving goes away If you eat enough sugar.

Dr. B

Brain fog and craving starch.
Starch craving is usually the need of sodium.
After eating salted cheese and or meat usually the starch craving goes away If you eat enough sugar.

does meat, even meat without any salt in it eliminate the starch craving? or is it only meat with added salts?

RPDiciple

No. But i have a very fast metabolism and i do lots of sports, i need lots of salt and at least 4000 calories.
Me too, but man if i do that much i get water retention. Didnt you get it in the beginning either from it? Also how so ypu consume that much salt? Like just take tsp and down it with milk or?

Dr. B

Yeah that's how I see it.

I just let it thaw and then just drink it. No water added. It does taste worse than normal OJ, so I've been switching back and forth...

Calcium causes tryptophan to convert into niacin instead of sertonin, so milk's high tryptophan content isn't a problem if you can digest the milk well and absorb the calcium well. I think lower amounts of overall protein would be preferable to consuming high amounts of tryptophan along with a poor calcium/phosphate ratio. For more protein, eat more eggs and low fat fish like cod maybe? With small fish you can eat the whole animal so you will get bones and gelatin unlike with muscle meat (I don't know whether Peat has ever said anything about eating fish with bone.)

Ray has mentioned, several times I think about eating fish head soap. not sure about eating the bones. but ancestral does have a living bone product which he says is 2:1 calcium to phosphorus. shark cartilage apparently has the same 'ideal' ratio, theres a few places selling shark cartilage products.

Dr. B

No. But i have a very fast metabolism and i do lots of sports, i need lots of salt and at least 4000 calories.

hey man what kind of salt did you use for the 2-3 tablespoons and how did you consume that salt with those liquids? i have a similar problem, im doing a mostly milk based diet with OJ, coconut water, some whey and dried figs and honey and a few other things. I do sometimes get a starch/meat craving and do think it is sodium related. I can add pink salt to the coconut water or OJ but im not sure what else can be done. i dont want to add the salt to the milk. dont want to add meat, eggs, or potatoes due to the issues with those

Me too, but man if i do that much i get water retention. Didnt you get it in the beginning either from it? Also how so ypu consume that much salt? Like just take tsp and down it with milk or?
what else were you taking in with that much salt? how was your potassium

Vileplume

hey man what kind of salt did you use for the 2-3 tablespoons and how did you consume that salt with those liquids? i have a similar problem, im doing a mostly milk based diet with OJ, coconut water, some whey and dried figs and honey and a few other things. I do sometimes get a starch/meat craving and do think it is sodium related. I can add pink salt to the coconut water or OJ but im not sure what else can be done. i dont want to add the salt to the milk. dont want to add meat, eggs, or potatoes due to the issues with those
Did you ever find a way to add salt into your diet, while avoiding starches? I’m also milk-based but I get high adrenaline without salt.

Dr. B

Did you ever find a way to add salt into your diet, while avoiding starches? I’m also milk-based but I get high adrenaline without salt.
yeah, it can be added to the OJ if you can handle it, or more can be added to coconut water. my issue is i dont have the thirst to handle the coconut water currently, so i have been skipping it most days. i have had trouble getting the OJ in as well. but if i can actually drink those, theres no issue with salt as i can add it to both the OJ or coconut water.
otherwise youd need to add to meat or potatoes. i use the himalayan pink salt.

Vileplume

yeah, it can be added to the OJ if you can handle it, or more can be added to coconut water. my issue is i dont have the thirst to handle the coconut water currently, so i have been skipping it most days. i have had trouble getting the OJ in as well. but if i can actually drink those, theres no issue with salt as i can add it to both the OJ or coconut water.
otherwise youd need to add to meat or potatoes. i use the himalayan pink salt.
Cool, thanks for the reply. I don’t eat much meat or potatoes either, so I’ve been making some salty tortillas to eat each day. I don’t really like them, they’re kinda gross with that much salt haha, but I’m not sure how else to get in enough salt. I’ve considered just filling gelatin capsules with salt, but then the gelatin capsules might upset my stomach in themselves.

Dr. B

Cool, thanks for the reply. I don’t eat much meat or potatoes either, so I’ve been making some salty tortillas to eat each day. I don’t really like them, they’re kinda gross with that much salt haha, but I’m not sure how else to get in enough salt. I’ve considered just filling gelatin capsules with salt, but then the gelatin capsules might upset my stomach in themselves.
the coconut water can handle a lot more salt, so you can add 2 teaspoons to a 32 oz bottle of it. actually you can probably add the same to 32oz OJ too
gelatin capsules should be okay if theres no filler ingredients

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals