Swings, Children And Motion Sickness

somuch4food

I had this weird thought tonight. Children like bouncing and swings.

Those movements activate the lymphatic system.

Recently, I got on swings and it did not feel good. Even as a kid, I disliked going on roller coasters.

Could motion sickness be in any way related to the lymphatic system?

Just a connection my brain made. I haven't looked it up yet.

sweetpeat

I don't know, but motion sickness can be a sign of hypothyroidism. I guess if you're hypothyroid then the lymphatic system is probably sluggish.

tankasnowgod

I had this weird thought tonight. Children like bouncing and swings.

Those movements activate the lymphatic system.

Recently, I got on swings and it did not feel good. Even as a kid, I disliked going on roller coasters.

Could motion sickness be in any way related to the lymphatic system?

Just a connection my brain made. I haven't looked it up yet.

No doubt, the motion can affect both the lymphatic system, as well as other circulatory systems. It can also affect the digestive system. Most people seem to take for granted (or not even think about) the role that gravity and motion play in these systems.

To that point..... have you checked out the Inclined Bed Therapy thread- Inclined Bed Therapy - Sleeping With The Head End Of The Bed Elevated

A lot of information there, on both gravity and movement, and how to better utilize both of them.

To your original point, it may very well be that toxins that get whipped around your lymph (or other circulatory systems) could be responsible for this sickness. It may also be that stomach acid sloshed out of the stomach does something similar (basically just another way to experience acid reflux.)

Lastly, proving that point..... There was the discovery that going on a roller coaster could help dislodge kidney stones- Ig Nobel win for roller coaster therapy

Last edited:
OP
S

somuch4food

To that point..... have you checked out the Inclined Bed Therapy thread- Inclined Bed Therapy - Sleeping With The Head End Of The Bed Elevated

I've certainly checked IBT threads, but I have yet to test it out.

Along the same lines, I was inspired by that link posted in an other thread: One Cure for All Diseases - One Cure for All Diseases. I have started a variation of his walking protocol that supposedly improve metabolism right before bed.

Instead of walking, I move freely in my bedroom for 2-5 minutes, then I relax eyes closed in bed for 5-10 minutes. I repeat this as much as 3 times. Sometimes, I fall asleep before the third time. The amazing thing is that I actually wake up for the day before my alarm clock and I can't go back to sleep even if I try. I still wake up during the night though, but it might improve if I keep doing it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals