Sweet potatoes causing scary mood changes?

Starchless

I've always suspected that certain foods give me a very weird mood, and that's actually my first way of detecting that my serotonin is elevated, I used to take SSRIS so I know how high serotonin feels. It's like this weird anxiety building up while your thoughts get more and more dark until you eventually feel like life is pointless.

2 days ago I ate sweet potatoes for breakfast after not eating starch for WEEKS, and I felt so weird. At first in the morning, I felt like my emotions were dulled down, then towards the night I start having weird thoughts about "life being pointless" I remember texting some slightly dodgy things to one friend, it reminds me of how I felt whilst taking SSRIS. My vision also became bright/overstimulating and saturated (thats how it looked on SSRIS) Then the next morning I woke up staring in the mirror with no passion for life, I just sat their staring and staring at myself. I decided to not eat starch anymore, the feeling carried on the next day where I felt like my emotions were numbed down and my vision looked weird. Now after 2 days I have somewhat bounced back. What is the reason for this? I mainly suspect the B6 (B6 causes light sensitivity and numbness) but I also felt something going on in my gut, like something was eating away inside me, could be endotoxin aswell. But yea, not many foods make my mood as weird as sweet potatoes, apart from glycine and african yams/white potatoes (most tubers and roots seem to have serotonergic properties aswell)

It also seemed to ramp up my anger slightly, my social anxiety went through the roof and I couldn't make eye contact with family members, it's strange because I also felt relaxed in a way, but numbed out. It felt like SSRIS for sure. And I recall now, every time I eat sweet potatoes I feel this way

animalcule

I had a lot of these same symptoms when I introduced starch after coming off of the carnivore diet. I don’t really have any answers, just a +1. Definitely felt it with the eye contact — it was like my eyes were being pulled downwards, physically. I’m not the most social of people but sweet potatoes made socializing almost unbearable.

OP
S

Starchless

I had a lot of these same symptoms when I introduced starch after coming off of the carnivore diet. I don’t really have any answers, just a +1. Definitely felt it with the eye contact — it was like my eyes were being pulled downwards, physically. I’m not the most social of people but sweet potatoes made socializing almost unbearable.
yes exactly! it pisses me off at the same time because I like the pump it gives me while working out, my strength goes up dramatically but I become somewhat mentally disabled. It ironically reminds me of those fighting games with those big strong guys who act autistic and aggressive.