Peater

Hi all,

I've been browsing and referring to R.P's work intermittently for a while now. I was recently doing more research and self-experimentation into dopamine.

I started taking Mucuna Pruriens (A natural L-DOPA source) and also had some DLPA arrive today.

I noticed that my chronic underarm sweating (Nothing has come close to stopping it apart from sage, which helped but did not cure) has stopped entirely today, even after a strong, large coffee which normally sets me off big time.

I Googled dopamine and sweating and there does seem to be a link!

I'm really just posting here on the chance it gets referenced by Google and helps someone else. No other forums I use have anywhere to post this kind of info. :D

Edit: If anyone has any other sweating tips beyond those seen on Google please post them here.

miko

There is excessive sweating problem in Parkinson Disease (low dopamine). Dopamine is in counterpoint to acetylcholine, and when dopamine is reduced there is increase in acetylcholine. Excess of acetylcholine is responsible for excessive sweating (anticholinergic drugs for sweating...).

OP
P

Peater

Thanks miko. Good to know I'm not making this up. What a brilliant accidental discovery. I've struggled with this for nearly 10 years.

answersfound

will anti-cholinergic drugs increase dopamine levels?

miko

Hard to tell - there are some studies which confirm this, but it's mainly increase in striatum. I have tried some anticholinergic drugs in the past and they have some pro-dopamine effects, but it is difficult to say whether this is exactly the effect of dopamine...

Peater I have the same problem with underarm sweating. What dose of mucuna pruriens you're taking? This anti-sweating effects is from mucuna pruriens or mucuna pruriens+DLPA?

OP
P

Peater

I'm taking MP+DLPA so that seems to be the effective combination. I'm wearing a light grey T-shirt today that was relegated to the bottom of the drawer for years.

Dose is 4 - 6 x 250mg MP capsules (BIOVEA) and 2 x 500mg DLPA capsules (Puritan's Pride) spread over the day on an empty stomach.

Definitely worth trying - It's like the switch has been turned off.

Isn't lowering generally safer (non-degenerative) than raising the opposite?

OP
P

Peater

I guess, but the carrot salad didn't stop it like this does and I don't know any other serotonin lowering methods.

You are looking at acetylcholine and prolactin, try easy things like big magnesium doses, pregnenolone, theanine, cyproheptadine, salt, lithium...

OP
P

Peater

I've been taking magnesium for years - all different types, citrate, malate, glycinate, orotate. Salt does work well for me too. Neither has stopped sweating though.

Those others are drugs/processed supps (except theanine, I'd like to try that). I know dopamine/serotonin is a tricky one, but mucuna is at least just a herb.

Well, theanine is processed, technically. Most things are. I know a hyperhidrosis sufferer who needs to undergo ontophoresis over once a week, "nothing else works", etc. However the "sympathetic" dominance is clear even from the behaviour.

I had a girlfriend in high school who suffered terribly from hyperhidrosis, we always had to stop by her house so she could grab more shirts before we went out. She was a LOT of fun to be with, had an amazing amount of energy and a fabulous witty sense of humor. Her brain was going 90 miles an hour all the time.

By the time we were in college she had opted for surgery to remove the sweat glands in her pits so she could live a "normal" life. She played rugby in college, I couldn't keep up with her. I didn't know anything about sympathetic dominance back then, but knowing what little I know now, it was certainly apparent.

I've read that people with intense unmitigated sympathetic dominance (type A personality) tend to develop tumors (think Steve Jobs). My girlfriend, who was VERY driven, died of liver cancer before our 20th high school reunion. :(

Parsifal

There is excessive sweating problem in Parkinson Disease (low dopamine). Dopamine is in counterpoint to acetylcholine, and when dopamine is reduced there is increase in acetylcholine. Excess of acetylcholine is responsible for excessive sweating (anticholinergic drugs for sweating...).
Why does nicotine reduce Parkinson and Alzheimer risks by half then?

LUH 3417

There is a paragraph in the Wikipedia gay bomb page about hyperhidrosis being a part of non lethal remote human bioengineering for use in warfare.

"Body odor remote-engineering, such as halitosis and hyperhidrosis, was another possibility discussed. Again, these effects would be produced by a non-lethal chemical weapon — possibly one that would affect the hormonal and digestive systems. It appears that a 'heavy sweating bomb', 'flatulencebomb' and 'halitosis bomb' were also considered by a committee at the time. The plan was to make an enemy so smelly they could be quite literally sniffed out of hiding by their opponents."

This is unfortunately not properly referenced but interesting to consider and research for anyone else who suffers from hyperhidrosis.

Cypro + lisuride have helped my extreme sweating but have not eliminated it completely. It's only been a short time since I've been using both together though so let's see.

Back
Top Bottom