Sweat Smell Change From Topical DMSO

aquaman

Hellooooo

Over the last year or so I've noticed something has changed my sweat smell. Always thought it was due to metabolism ramping up. I had hardly ever had bad sweat previously, I would even get comments from women about good having "good sweat" pheromones after exercise up until the change.

I went away and forgot all my Haidut supplements which use DMSO, and a week later the sweat smell is gone despite having been in a hot country and sweating a lot.

Anyone else notice this correlation???

Drareg

It could also be B1 if you take it?

I never got a compliment from a lady for having good sweat pheromones, is this a new thing amongst the ladies? Appeared on the kardashians perhaps, Kim likes Kanyes new sweat smell? I see a product line.....

I'm not sure. My sweat started smelling bad. And it didn't smell at all for awhile. B1 may be the problem, or DMSO, not sure...thanks for bringing up the topic.

I have found that putting sugar water on my pits seems to help a lot, BTW.

Pointless

D-Limonene can eliminate the body odor from DMSO. I take it once a day. No one's complained, and the taste of DMSO in my mouth after supplementing seems to have decreased a bit but not completely.

OP
A

aquaman

I never got a compliment from a lady for having good sweat pheromones, is this a new thing amongst the ladies? Appeared on the kardashians perhaps, Kim likes Kanyes new sweat smell? I see a product line.....

No the compliments were in the past before the strange change to my sweat smell

I do also take B1 occasionally. Where did you hear about this having an effect?

Pointless

What does your sweat smell like? Can you describe it or compare it to something?

Drareg

No the compliments were in the past before the strange change to my sweat smell

I do also take B1 occasionally. Where did you hear about this having an effect?

Search the forum for some anecdotes,it's a common enough complaint with it.

whodathunkit

DMSO is a sulfur compound that's said to promote detoxification. Body odors change when the body is undergoing detox. So you might be getting a little detox effect from the cumulative dose of DMSO if you're taking enough of haidut's supps that contain it. Stopping the supps stopped that effect.

Or maybe it's just the increase in sulfur content in the body.

OP
A

aquaman

DMSO is a sulfur compound that's said to promote detoxification. Body odors change when the body is undergoing detox. So you might be getting a little detox effect from the cumulative dose of DMSO if you're taking enough of haidut's supps that contain it. Stopping the supps stopped that effect.

Or maybe it's just the increase in sulfur content in the body.

It's quite like a weak garlic smell - and made me realise about the DMSO.

Pointless

It's quite like a weak garlic smell - and made me realise about the DMSO.

And you smell it on yourself? I'm surprised, I've never been able to smell DMSO on myself no matter how strong it is, because I get olfactory fatigue or something. And I used to use much dirtier DMSO than haidut uses with an extremely pungent odor. If you're still wanting to try haidut's DMSO supplements, I would try D-Limonene to see if that makes it go away, even though I'm not 100% sure it actually works (because I can't smell it myself when it's coming from me). I've never heard of anything that could prevent the smell besides that.

tara

Garlic smell is a well known effect of DMSO, isn't it?
DMSO permeates tissues very easily, so it can get pretty much anywhere fairly quickly, including skin if you eating it, and mouth if you apply it to skin. I've tasted it in my mouth after quite modest transdermal application.

OP
A

aquaman

Update on this: it was definitely the DMSO based products making my sweat bad.

I stopped all the DMSO products, and could go days without showering if I need to. I'd forgotten about the sweat smell. Last week I tried some topical DMSO ones again, and within a day the smell was back. Took a day to go after stopping the DMSO products again.