Suspected Chronic Copper Deficiency With Neurodegeneration/Diabete's Symptoms

Astolfo

Finally after years I found a worthy topic to focus on. It's copper. But still there is no theory I'm aware about that's explaining how it started at first. I was a phenotype of highly anxious, intelligent and probably had very high histamine/norepinephrine untill 3 years ago. Half dose of SSRI(fluoxetine) instantly gave me a progressive neurodegenerative disease that every day I deteoriated mentally and metabolically. Now I have some serious motor symptoms like fine motor impairment, myoclonus and involunteraly movements of my limbs. Also irritable(to the mental stimuli, not foods) bowel and diabete's like symptoms (fatigue after meals, excess hunger, highish blood sugar). I can send my lab results to anybody who wants but I don't want to publish them here for privacy reasons.

My guess is it somehow caused massive copper wasting. And through the years, I developed pretty much all the symptoms of copper deficiency. But if that's true, why my body didn't retained more copper from foods? My diet hasn't changed at all (although it has always been low on copper, about 0.3-0.5 mg, but my problems started right after taking SSRI)

Ceruloplasmin came as 17 (15-37) in 2019. Blood copper value came as 90 (70-160) and zinc value as 104 (60-120) from the test newly made. Progesterone rose from 0.5 to 0.9 in 2 years. Calcium and magnesium is near the upper limit. Prolactin and especially estrogen was a bit highish. Platelet count is high, creatinine consistently had always been lowish/lower than the limit.

OP
A

Astolfo

One thing to mention that, whenever I research about copper deficiency, I always find things about people with paradoxical deficiencies. Like, elevated anxiety and wired feeling with low copper symptoms. Unlike them, my anxiety has slowly wiped after the disease, so I'm not that type.

Motif

So what Are you trying to do about this ?
Only eat more copper foods?

i still struggle to find high copper foods that I tolerate well.

OP
A

Astolfo

So what Are you trying to do about this ?
Only eat more copper foods?
I don't know what exactly is the culprit of my disease, so I only have the option of eating more copper.

i still struggle to find high copper foods that I tolerate well.
How do you feel after eating liver, chocolate, potatoes?

Motif

I don't know what exactly is the culprit of my disease, so I only have the option of eating more copper.

How do you feel after eating liver, chocolate, potatoes?

i don’t like potatoes so I don’t eat them ; but I think I don’t tolerate liver and chocolate well (histamine I’d say )

OP
A

Astolfo

i don’t like potatoes so I don’t eat them ; but I think I don’t tolerate liver and chocolate well (histamine I’d say )
Only sneezing? What are the other symptoms?

Motif

You think all this could be caused by your mental state alone
I don't know but could be yes.

Mental state? You mean nocebo effect? You really think myoclonus and, literally, neurodegeneration can happen from it?

I don’t know. I think stress can cause a lot of things, but maybe I’m wrong

Motif

You think all this could be caused by your mental state alone
I don't know but could be yes.

Mental state? You mean nocebo effect? You really think myoclonus and, literally, neurodegeneration can happen from it?

OP
A

Astolfo

You can't imagine how much stress I have gone through my life. Yet I had no health problems until I took that drug.

Ben.

My copper has been low whenever i tested it the last 2-3 years. Supplementation nor food would change that.

There is something else causing the issue in my case. This stuff is way more complex than we'd like to admit.

Motif

My copper has been low whenever i tested it the last 2-3 years. Supplementation nor food would change that.

There is something else causing the issue in my case. This stuff is way more complex than we'd like to admit.
Oh wow. Same here. Having my next test in two-three weeks. When it didn’t go up this time I have no idea what to do next.

What could cause something like this ?! It’s crazy.
Maybe I really should stop to focus on getting this right.

Motif

Maybe it’s „simply“ a stress thing? Are you guys stressed? Overthinking all the time ?
I am.

Or maybe other nutrients are missing and this causes an imbalance? Like boron, selenium , chromium or molybdenum ?

maybe all trace minerals need to be taken / eaten in balance?

Last edited:

Motif

Have you guys ever got your Zonulin measured?

maybe that’s the problem

Last edited: