Survived late stage covid phneumonia

bornamachine

Hey everyone, just thought I'd share something that can save a life, I was admitted to the hospital at a pretty late stage, they put me on the bypap machine right away then to the ICU a couple days later, then I worsened as my lung function worsened as it filled with mucus, I alternated between a high flow and the bypap for a couple days, my family couldnt come see me because I was positive for covid, then a nurse came and said if I don't get on my stomach I'm in trouble because my lung are almost done per the x-rays, they helped me flip on my stomach and I started to improve, almost 3 days later I was discharged. If that nurse had not come in and tell me this info I would have died. I attribute this miracle survival to God as everyone was praying for me and I was in a bad shape at that point. No other nurse or doctor told me my position was killing me.I made a short on YouTube basically conveying the same info, if I would have known this before being admitted I would have been much better off, recovering now.

Birdie

Yes, I thought this prone position was being used now for that reason. Obviously not.

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

How old are you?
I'm 34

Yeah I had no idea and not a single nurse said anything, there was no accountability from the doctor in fact I saw the doc probably a whopping 30 mins in my near 7 day stay and that was mostly at the end to tell me in 2 weeks I'm elegible to get a vaccine, then wrote a note to the employer that I should not work for the the next week, mind you I could walk very short distances at that point because I was just starting my recovery, just goes to show how clueless and negligent they are, why did they not have a protocol in place? Zero accountability

The nurse that assisted me to flip and it was a difficult flip with bypap in place, she also got the catheter in place, but I was chocking when I flipped even with bypap I was that far gone, within 10 secs or so I got into a position that I could breath and instantly I felt my lungs draining, shortly after my recovery started.

The nurse that flipped me she said that there is a lady in the other room 60 yo refuses to flip because of arthritis pain, couple days later, intubated, died, she said another 43 year old guy in other room, would or could not flip, intubated, dead 3 days after his 4th child is born

She told me that after I was flipped

One thing I would like to point out thar I thout later "this is a freaking hospital, can't they numb these people with whatever, get some morphine if that's what it takes to flip that 60yo lady" I have an impression, that the whole system there is leading all their patients gently by the hand right into the grave and these select nurses are there to save a select few that will cooperate.

I have 3 children and a fourth one 3 months away, I really didn't want to leave them without a father or my wife alone

I'm recovering now, one set after I had come home had been light steaming sessions after I came home due to all my family telling me I need to try that miracle method, well it just made things worse, once I stopped I could finally breathe.

Another thing that happened was a family member gave me soup she made laced with a ton of MSG and Disodium inosinate, I got crazy edema and first time in my life gout pain, I ate it a total of 4 times and it took a while to pinpoint what posioned me, this ordeal lasted over a week to clear.

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

This just shows how incompetent or murderous some healthcare workers are. Proning has been known to be effective since early 2020
I agree, they should know this.

P

Peatness

I remember hearing about this early on in 2020. I heard it on the radio. Thank God for that nurse. Glad you made a full recovery

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

I remember hearing about this early on in 2020. I heard it on the radio. Thank God for that nurse. Glad you made a full recovery

Thank you.

Man that's a good husband right there.

This is the link that I posted on the short I made How a free, extremely low-risk ER procedure is saving lives from coronavirus

And in the article it says "Within minutes of turning patients with low oxygen saturation on their stomachs, they saw oxygen saturation levels jump back into the normal range. “Patients who were coming in with oxygen stats in the 70s ... once we proned them, after about a few minutes, they'd be up in the low 90s,” says Caputo."

And both of these articles are in early 2020 from over seas.

This is exactly what happened to me, within a short time I was at 92 at rest with low flow and within a day off the low flow (but that's only because they kept it on for an extended period)

I like how down played these articles are. It should read EXTRA!EXTRA! 80% SURVIVAL RATE METHOD DISCOVERED!!

it was 88 but it's min 90s. I also gave her acetazolamide which helped. Thanks for the proning idea. May need it.

Last edited:

Rafe

it was 88 but it's min 90s. I also gave her acetazolamide which helped.
If it were me I would take a tiny dose of acetazolamide. I haven’t given people advice like that yet. So I hesitated.

You’re doing great. Don’t forget to eat. You need stamina to cope for 2.

InChristAlone

No idea why drainage of the lungs is not common sense. Also take it from cystic fibrosis patients they use nebulizer treatments and vibrating vests daily to bring up mucus otherwise they die.
FB_IMG_1584969666659.jpg

Don

THANKS for posting this, man I love this site ! you guys are awesome.

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

burtlancast

This just shows how incompetent or murderous some healthcare workers are. Proning has been known to be effective since early 2020
Reading the comments here, proning has been used for the past 50 years...
Journalists aren't telling the whole story, as usual

Perry Staltic

No idea why drainage of the lungs is not common sense. Also take it from cystic fibrosis patients they use nebulizer treatments and vibrating vests daily to bring up mucus otherwise they die.
View attachment 31938

Proning doesn't have to employ such extreme angles. Simply laying on one's stomach can increase perfusion because pressure is taken off of the dependent region of the lung

eph13057-fig-0002-m.jpg

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

This was my setup in the hospital, yes the incline was very minimal

Attachments

• IMG_20211214_132228521.jpg
    IMG_20211214_132228521.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 25
OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

When I left the hospital the nurse said to keep taking aspirin because clotting can be an issue.

I've been taking between 100-500 daily and def tapered off lately taking maybe tops half of 325mg pill

Lately I started to get chest tightness and difficulty breathing I started suspecting aspirin as I had the best day yesterday and haven't taken aspirin all day, took about 150mg at night and within 15 mins felt chest tightness and harder to breathe, stayed up all night.

Today didn't take aspirin all day and had a really good day, it's 2:34 am now and no chest tightness

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@bornamachine, I’m so glad you are doing better! Thanks for getting the word out and sharing your story. @sugarbabe and @burtlancast are both correct. We have been using proning and percussion with postural drainage for various lung issues the entire 25 years I’ve been in the field.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Lately I started to get chest tightness and difficulty breathing I started suspecting aspirin as I had the best day yesterday and haven't taken aspirin all day, took about 150mg at night and within 15 mins felt chest tightness and harder to breathe, stayed up all night.
I had that off and on for the first month afterwards and then intermittently for 5 more months. I would have it within a few days every time I was exposed but it only lasted for a couple hours. Recently my husband had it again and we didn’t social distance from each other or anything and I didn’t have the chest burning or get it again.