Survived late stage covid phneumonia

Makrosky

Did you think of taking Ivermectin? Has anyone here taken Ivermectin either as treatment for Covid or as a prophylaxic measure together with Zinc, Vit D, etc?
I have ivermectin with me, but I didn't feel the slightest need to take it, since it was just a mild flu. Also, it is not cheap nor easy to get it so I am saving it for the future or if some loved one needs it.

Bogdar

Wow,
In many conditions involving pain, pain brings the person to find adequate pain-resolving positions,
I wonder how much you « should find the position by yourself » from the pain and unconfortableness, but like the catheter in hospital and other stuff AND pain killers like morphine they put you, or even orders from them to stay on your back, can prevent the « natural way to solve the pain » ?

yerrag

Didn't Dr. Peat suggest sleeping with the blanket or covers over one's head in order to take in more carbon dioxide? Would that be effective and produce health results? I do that sometimes when it is really cold in my room but haven't noticed any health benefits. I sometimes feel like I am not getting enough oxygen.
I don't know if he did but doing that has limited effectiveness given its impracticality for extended application. It also would be unable to control the amount of CO2 being breathed in. A person breathing out large amounts of CO2- who actually needs less CO2 - would be breathing more CO2 than a person who breathes out little CO2, who needs it more. It's a make-do solution that requires a lot of jerry rigging.

frannybananny

I have ivermectin with me, but I didn't feel the slightest need to take it, since it was just a mild flu. Also, it is not cheap nor easy to get it so I am saving it for the future or if some loved one needs it.
I'm glad you didn't feel the need to take the Ivermectin. I do keep some in my cabinet in case I feel symptoms. I disagree about it not being cheap nor easy to get. I got the tube paste off of Amazon and I got tablets from MedicineVilla from India through PayPal. Of course, this was a few months ago so it might be harder to order from them now. It was quite cheap then.

frannybananny

I don't know if he did but doing that has limited effectiveness given its impracticality for extended application. It also would be unable to control the amount of CO2 being breathed in. A person breathing out large amounts of CO2- who actually needs less CO2 - would be breathing more CO2 than a person who breathes out little CO2, who needs it more. It's a make-do solution that requires a lot of jerry rigging.
Thank you for your feedback on C02. I do recall Dr. Peat mentioning that the only way he could think of that a person might get enough C)2 would be to make a setup where they were engulfed in a whole "bodybag" hooked up to some machine and surrounded by C02... does anyone remember that? I'll check the archives.

Bluebell

You're welcome, yeah simple knowledge that may have saved me an ICU stay had I known!

I'm relatively healthy, I don't take meds or supplements except aspirin and coffee.

I've been drinking 1 cup of coffee for a while now at work during break, the most I have is 2.

The one thing I added that has "helped me" is aspirin about 30-40 days prior to falling sick

I've been nibbling a small piece of aspirin off a 325mg pill twice or thrice a day with food, so I would get anywhere from 120-200mg a day.

It helped me feel more energetic and focused but also a side effect came where I was running out of air going up the stairs at work something that I never had before

Then at Thanksgiving I saw my 7yo nephew who was sick

My wife fell sick Mon and tue and i stayed home to babysit, she got better on Wednesday but that's when I started running a fever of about 38

My temp kept on climbing but I didn't have breathing issues I don't recall taking aspirin maybe I did idk

On the 3rd day I asked my wife to open the window and she opened it like halfway idk why and I slept with a wide open window and when I woke up i was like "oh no... That's not good" I know that sleeping with an open window while running a fever can be very bad, the room was cold, shortly after I started having breathing issue and on the 6th day I had bubbling noise coming out of my lungs when I would open my mouth

On the 6th day morning with a fever of about 39.5 I was ambulances to the ER, there they tested me with their BS rape swab PCR test and said I had covid, they said I need to be admitted (I was in a bad shape but could still walk) after 5 hours or so being tested wheeled around told to wait etc etc some doc made the call that I can go home and monitor myself (at the same time my lungs were literally bubbling like when you open a can of coke) so we went home, next day 7th day after Wednesday, my parents came over and I was in a bad shape, my temp was at 40.2, I barely dressed and my dad drove me to hospital with my wife, my mom babysat, they wheeled me in, said no rooms, but then almost instantly said a room is available and took me in, bypap right away because I was out of it like I was drugged or something

Thats it, then I get to the ICU 2 days later and stay "stable" as they UP my oxygen, on the 4th day this miracle nurse appears and tells me the trouble I'm in, they help me flip and almost 7 days in from admitting I'm discharged.

Sorry for the long story.

But to answer your question, yes, I did suspect that something cause this or propelled me into a weakend state, and that's aspirin, and I say that because during my recovery I had really hard nights of no sleep, tight chest, breathing off, wierd pains etc etc and I finally did an experiment next day, I stopped my aspiring and the issue went away and I felt like I almost recovered

Hopefully this trend continues

Unfortunately being "open minded" I tried some rose hips in my tea today and similar chest tightness appeared... :/

Coffee seemed to help with any issues probably due to magnesium content

I've also take some D3 candy form during this time and didn't seem to have any issues

Otherwise I don't take any supps or meds
@bornamachine, how are you doing? Hope you are feeling much better now.
Thank you for all the extra info you gave. Interesting about aspirin, I wonder what was going on biochemically. It's a small amount just 120-200mg a day, but your experiments show it was likely was causing issues. Have you considered salicylate sensitivity?

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

@bornamachine, how are you doing? Hope you are feeling much better now.
Thank you for all the extra info you gave. Interesting about aspirin, I wonder what was going on biochemically. It's a small amount just 120-200mg a day, but your experiments show it was likely was causing issues. Have you considered salicylate sensitivity?
No problem, I'm pretty much recovered but still taking some time before I return to work. I still have to be careful to not breathe too much cold air outside and wear a jacket, I kind of over did it by staying outside 4 hours and doing things yesterday and wasnt wearing a jacket and got chilled a bit by the end, I felt a bit of chest discomfort once I came home. That was my bad.

As far as aspirin goes I never 100% confirmed that it was causing issues or was responsible for my pheumonia or contributed to it, one thing i know for sure is that I was running a fever and ended up sleeping with that open window during a cold night and that was the point where my phneumonia started.

I did stop aspirin for about 4 days and then re introduce is in 20mg, yes twenty mg doses and haven't felt any side effects.

Everyone is different to how much of a substance they can tolerate. I'm def. On the cautious side but I still believe aspirin is very beneficial and I take the 20mg dose now every couple days or so but lately have been forgetting to take it.

I know some members oh here take crazy amount of aspirin into 5-10mg range and don't see by sides, if I take a full pill of .325mg I get ear ringing for a min or two, so everyone is different

Perry Staltic

I did stop aspirin for about 4 days and then re introduce is in 20mg, yes twenty mg doses and haven't felt any side effects.

Everyone is different to how much of a substance they can tolerate. I'm def. On the cautious side but I still believe aspirin is very beneficial and I take the 20mg dose now every couple days or so but lately have been forgetting to take it.

You do realize of course that high doses can cause pulmonary edema, right?

Gustav3Y

if I take a full pill of .325mg I get ear ringing for a min or two, so everyone is different
Salicylate induced tinnitus, not as uncommon as people here like to believe.

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

Salicylate induced tinnitus, not as uncommon as people here like to believe.

Yeah I'm aware and most people I know can pop a couple pills without any issues, some members here go into the 10mg a day range or some high amount like that and are "seemingly fine" but I'm not an expert on it I do know that it depletes K as well

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

You do realize of course that high doses can cause pulmonary edema, right?
"Pulmonary edema is a condition caused by excess fluid in the lungs. This fluid collects in the numerous air sacs in the lungs, making it difficult to breathe. In most cases, heart problems cause pulmonary edema."

That's very interesting....

I was taking aspirin daily for about a month roughly 50mg with my food twice a day or maybe 3 times a day tops and I did notice at some point that my breathing became more labored like I was running out of air (nothing that I had experienced before)
So yes, if aspirin can cause pulmonary edema then it is probably the case then with me, even at those low dosage every day but I am sensitive to most supps ever since living in a moldy home for 3 years.

Thanks for pointing that fascinating fact out I never knew that and def will be more careful, I took about 120mg of aspirin yesterday and today but that's because I had a very scary episode where I basically poisoned myself by using Simply Green cleaner to clean some kitchen appliances and suffering now...