Surprised I Enjoy Regular Yogurt More Then Greek Yogurt

sprinter

This is interesting to me because I usually find that most of Ray Peat's recommendations are in line with my taste buds.

Peat has said that if one is going to eat Yogurt it should be the Greek kind, but I've discovered I actually like regular Yogurt much more. Greek Yogurt is much more sour and strong tasting in my opinion. I also don't enjoy it's thicker texture.

I wonder why this is. Does anyone have similar feelings?

Last edited:

Tenacity

Eating a lot of Greek yogurt makes my face feel itchy, I suspect it's the lactic acid.

How come Peat prefers Greek yogurt to the normal kind, anyway?

bram

Sometimes i feel like people overcomplicate this stuff. You liking regular yoghurt more then greek yoghurt is simply your preference.

I too have noticed that the regular one is less sour than greek. When i eat yoghurt it's the regular kind, coffee flavoured. :yum:

dbh25

Organic, plain, whole milk yogurt is what I buy. I agree, I don't like the thick texture of Greek yogurt.

Mito

Eating a lot of Greek yogurt makes my face feel itchy, I suspect it's the lactic acid.

How come Peat prefers Greek yogurt to the normal kind, anyway?

Less lactic acid in Greek Yogurt. RP: "There are types of yogurt that have much of the acidic whey drained out, that aren't a problem. A spoonful or two of acidic yogurt isn't harmful, but a cupful of the acidic type can be enough to deplete the liver's energy stores, because lactic acid is converted to glucose in the liver, requiring energy. The 'strained' type that isn't acidic is similar to cottage cheese and is safe."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals