Surgical menopause HRT no libido

scousepixi

Hi all, I am new to this forum and wonder if Ray Peat diet and supplements would help me.
Had a hysterectomy three years ago ovaries taken out too. Sex was painful, so the doctor prescribed estradiol. It seemed to help with the discomfort, but I have zilch interest in the act. Lately I have been suffering from hot tingling feet. They don't look swollen, but feel as if they are.
My memory is also a lot worse since the op.
I eat a diet of freshly prepared foods with plenty of fresh salad, fruit and vegetables as well as meat and fish. Very rarely have any kind of ready meal or processed stuff.
I have ordered some progest e as I think it might help. I find it really difficult to concentrate on the articles, although I have tried to read them. My concentration and ability to retain information is not what it was.
Grateful for any suggestions. Thank you.

Mittir

Welcome to the forum
I thought most doctors stopped prescribing estrogen after
Women's Health Initiative study conclusively showed how
estrogen therapy increases risk of stroke.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_Health_Initiative

RP has been writing about adverse effects of Estrogen for 45 years.
It is the ratio of Estrogen to progesterone that matters more than absolute value of one.
Many female members have posted about beneficial results from using Progest-E.
I believe RP recommends a different dosing for menopausal women.
I hope someone else know about the exact dosing.

RP put a lot of emphasis on thyroid as thyroid controls production of progesterone and
other protective hormones. You can get a good idea about your thyroid status
by measuring your pulse and temperature 1-2 hours after breakfast.
TSH, Total T3, Total T4 and reverse T3 are useful in diagnosing thyroid function.
If your TSH is high and T3 is low, you will be able to
convince your doctor to give you thyroid hormone. It should be mix of T4 and T3.
Estrogen directly lowers thyroid function and conversion of active thyroid hormone

RP strongly recommends daily raw carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoots
to remove excess estrogen and endotoxin.

One lady asked RP about dryness in KMUD interview
and he recommended a suppository of 1000 mg of Vitamin E ,
20,000 IU Vitamin A dissolved in cocoa butter.
You can listen to that KMUD interview here
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3263

Here is a link to a summary of his dietary recommendations.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20

OP
S

scousepixi

Thank you. We are away from home for a day or two, but I will address your recommended action and look at the links on my return. :D

OP
S

scousepixi

Yay! Feeling a lot better. 25mg of pregnenolone, progest e rubbed on my gums, meat, milk, cheese and carrot salad seems to have made a huge difference. Have an apptmnt with doc to discuss thyroid testing next week. Libido is back. Husband and I are very happy! Thanks for advice.

SaltGirl

I know Mittir gave a wonderful and detailed response, but I also wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

As I don't make either hormone in the ovaries I have taken both hormones and HRT is really not HRT unless you have progesterone. Progesterone makes way too much happen to skip out.

For Libido I'd suggest trying out eggshell calcium and increased sodium. Calcium especially keeps my libido up. Sugar and protein are of course a big part of this as well.

aguilaroja

scousepixi said:
Yay! Feeling a lot better. 25mg of pregnenolone, progest e rubbed on my gums, meat, milk, cheese and carrot salad seems to have made a huge difference. Have an apptmnt with doc to discuss thyroid testing next week. Libido is back. Husband and I are very happy! Thanks for advice.

Kudos to Mittir for outlining the essentials.

It might be helpful to go over a hypothyroidism symptom checklist, to see where you are and where you were, in terms of well being. The progesterone and pregnenolone, among other benefits, may have already boosted thyroid function. When getting the thyroid test results, get the exact numbers, not the doctor interpretation of normal/not normal.

If you are still eating large quantities of salad (not carrots), be especially careful to minimize cruciferous vegetables in their raw form (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, kale), as they have thyroid-inhibiting chemicals.