Surgery Preparation And Recovery

scarlettsmum

Any suggestion how to best prepare for surgery and after? So far I have learnt it helps to eat eggs, oysters, livers pre and post and put honey on the wound when able to touch. In one of the interviews Ray spoke of a doctors who put antihistamine in each layer of the cut to send message to the brain that there is no stress/injury, however I am not going to be able to convince my doctor. Any other suggestion, your own personal experience? Thanks.

yourke

Yes, Peat talks about it in one of the KMUD interviews that, increasing muscle mass, is very helpful (if you can).

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

I am also sharing Haidut's response here from a private conversation:

I think the B vitamins would be best thing that doctors would allow you to take. Ideally, I would take something like pregnenolone after the surgery to limit the stress response which peaks in the first 24 hours after the surgery. If possible, ask for IV procaine or lidocaine and insist despite the assurance of nurses and doctors that opiates are fine. A friend of mine mumbled something about being allergic to opiates before his surgery and that was enough for the surgery team to put him on something else (I think procaine), which shows you that there are alternatives to opiates. Once you wake of and are discharged, an anti-histamine can help limit some of the inflammation and swelling that the surgery causes, and pregnenolone should help with that as well. Obviously, ask your doctor about any of these before taking. Eating gelatin is a great way to speed up wound healing and limit bleeding risks after the surgery. Eating gelatin in the days before the surgery would also help limit the stress response and reduce risk of bleeding during surgery.
Just my 2c.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals