Suppressing TSH When Temps Are Already Good

denise

Almost three years ago I had all but the right lobe of my thyroid removed because it was growing out of control and actually becoming dangerous. Since then, I've been living in a sort of dream that this would have "solved" something, even though I knew it wouldn't (I'm just so tired of being so vigilant about my health--I wanted a break).

Anyway, last night I took a good look at my neck and I strongly suspect that it's started growing again. So I believe my goal for now needs to be to suppress my TSH as much as possible so I quit making (and storing) so much thyroid hormone until I can sort out what's going on that's making my body do this in the first place. The tricky part is that my temps and pulse are perfect, and so if I supplement much (these days, even a few drops per week of Tyromix will do it), my temps get too high and I feel like hell.

So my only thought is that I could use it in even tinier amounts, and maybe more frequently. I've already got Tyronene diluted to 1 mcg, but I could dilute it even further, maybe to .25 mcg? I've got some Tyromix and Tyromax too.

Does anyone have any other suggestions about how to suppress TSH without pushing my body past my limits? Would it actually make sense to use more (or only) T4 in this case just to suppress the TSH but without it providing anything active?

(I have no idea what my TSH actually is these days--avoiding the doctor has been part of that dream I've been living in. I guess I should make an appointment...)

Waynish

(I have no idea what my TSH actually is these days--avoiding the doctor has been part of that dream I've been living in. I guess I should make an appointment...)

Sounds like you're living in a dream world :) You can get lab tests without "seeing a doctor."

OP
denise

denise

Sounds like you're living in a dream world :) You can get lab tests without "seeing a doctor."
I can't get them for free, though. I have very good insurance. For a $15 office visit, I can get as many labs as they'll give me for no additional cost.

But I did go in today and got someone to order a bunch of labs. And she also confirmed that my thyroid was swollen. :( So I still need to figure this out somehow. The labs will provide some data points but won't actually help me get better.

Maybe black cumin seed oil.

DaveFoster

Almost three years ago I had all but the right lobe of my thyroid removed because it was growing out of control and actually becoming dangerous. Since then, I've been living in a sort of dream that this would have "solved" something, even though I knew it wouldn't (I'm just so tired of being so vigilant about my health--I wanted a break).

Anyway, last night I took a good look at my neck and I strongly suspect that it's started growing again. So I believe my goal for now needs to be to suppress my TSH as much as possible so I quit making (and storing) so much thyroid hormone until I can sort out what's going on that's making my body do this in the first place. The tricky part is that my temps and pulse are perfect, and so if I supplement much (these days, even a few drops per week of Tyromix will do it), my temps get too high and I feel like hell.

So my only thought is that I could use it in even tinier amounts, and maybe more frequently. I've already got Tyronene diluted to 1 mcg, but I could dilute it even further, maybe to .25 mcg? I've got some Tyromix and Tyromax too.

Does anyone have any other suggestions about how to suppress TSH without pushing my body past my limits? Would it actually make sense to use more (or only) T4 in this case just to suppress the TSH but without it providing anything active?

I couldn't even tolerate 0.1 mcg T4 per day without a high pulse (100+), so I had to dilute thyroid (TyroMix in the past) to a 1/1200th concentration and gradually increase the dosage. I now can take 10 mcg T4 daily without the adrenaline response.

Foster’s Thyroid Protocol

OP
denise

denise

I couldn't even tolerate 0.1 mcg T4 per day without a high pulse (100+), so I had to dilute thyroid (TyroMix in the past) to a 1/1200th concentration and gradually increase the dosage. I now can take 10 mcg T4 daily without the adrenaline response.

Foster’s Thyroid Protocol
That's great you've been able to build your tolerance. Maybe I'll give this a shot with some TyroMix.

I hadn't even heard of this. Have you tried it?

I used black cumin seed for a few weeks to see if it would help improve my sleep or mood - it did help but I decided to reserve it for occasional use. It felt like something that should be cycled, stops feeling like it does anything after a few weeks. I have not used it specifically for thyroid but IIRC it has been shown to be useful for TSH lowering. Another I recall reading as useful for lowering TSH would be Gamma Oryzanol.

OP
denise

denise

So I got most of my lab results back today. My TSH, at 5.214, is even higher than I expected. It's what it was right after my surgery. My other thyroid numbers are all in range, and my free T3 is even at the high end (3.9).

I used black cumin seed for a few weeks to see if it would help improve my sleep or mood - it did help but I decided to reserve it for occasional use. It felt like something that should be cycled, stops feeling like it does anything after a few weeks. I have not used it specifically for thyroid but IIRC it has been shown to be useful for TSH lowering. Another I recall reading as useful for lowering TSH would be Gamma Oryzanol.
I got some ground black seed today and am going to give that a try for a while and see how it goes. I saw the study with hashi's patients where after 8 weeks their TSH dropped an average of 2.3 points.

I hadn't heard of Gamma Oryzanol either. I wish there were more studies on it.

Good luck! Please post back and let us know how it worked out.