Supplemmenting Low Cortisol

Mreqsol

Hi there.

I officially got results fron a cortisol saliva test, concluding I have mild low cortisol at the four points of the measure.

Due to the fact that some of the supplemments proposed in the forum (niacinamide, licorice root, glycine...) tend to lower cortisol, must I assume these will not help me to overcome my fatigue? Logic suggest maybe my contest would not make them beneficial for me, but sometimes obvious deductions are tricky.

I’ve been following Peat’s strategies for around 4 months, great improvements so far and better energy over all. Temperature around 36,6 at noon at the moment but I started from a discouraging 34,3 last year.

Thanks a lot.

Dave Clark

Hi there.

I officially got results fron a cortisol saliva test, concluding I have mild low cortisol at the four points of the measure.

Due to the fact that some of the supplemments proposed in the forum (niacinamide, licorice root, glycine...) tend to lower cortisol, must I assume these will not help me to overcome my fatigue? Logic suggest maybe my contest would not make them beneficial for me, but sometimes obvious deductions are tricky.

I’ve been following Peat’s strategies for around 4 months, great improvements so far and better energy over all. Temperature around 36,6 at noon at the moment but I started from a discouraging 34,3 last year.

Thanks a lot.
Not sure of the other two, but licorice is usually used to raise cortisol, i.e. adrenal fatigue remedies. There are many things that lower cortisol, some claim to balance cortisol, while few (meaning nutrients herbs, etc.) raise cortisol. It's a rabbit hole I have been down, still not quite out of, but I keep learning.

Sagitarrius90

Sorry to bump

Can Licorice root be useful with low cortisol? I read that having low cortisol can make t3 useless as cortisol is needed to uptake the t3.

My mood really improves on Licorice root tincture 2.5 ml each serving and I try to follow my bodies natural cortisol curve.

I've noticed it helps sleep I think it's because it normalizes adenosine and perhaps ATCH so I am not getting low blood sugar during the night which used to wake me up. Low cortisol can cause low blood sugar

Cirion

My 2 cents for what it is worth.

I can't think of any situation you'd want to purposefully raise cortisol, ever.

From my own researching and personal experience, "low cortisol" is actually "high cortisol" problems...and let me explain what I mean.

When your cortisol has been high for a long time, and you finally shut off the stressor, you'll overcompensate and be very low instead for a time while you repair the damage done through nutrition & rest.

For a lot of unhealthy people cortisol is often very low in the morning, due to elevated adrenaline at night burning out your adrenals until morning comes at which point they fail to work, hence low morning cortisol "adrenal fatigue".

All that said, it is quite possible to bring cortisol a bit too low by over-doing it on supplements which lower it. I found myself sleeping up to 16 hrs a day when I was on tribulus terrestris...

shine

Don't ever take cortisol, except short term for inflammatory conditions that need to be treated quickly.
I took cortisol for 3 years in a low dose and I got worse and worse.
I suggest you take 50mg oral pregnenolone daily, which resolved my "low cortisol" issue.

Sagitarrius90

I agree that low cortisol is caused by long term stressers.

What i was trying to debate was the benefit of licorice root and how it can keep cortisol from fully breaking down... the cortisol that your body is currently making which i know mine is low. Rest overtime should help improve my cortisol levels but im trying to find remedy now.

Cortisol is needed and is probably the reason why my thyroid function is sub optimal.

Would progesterone be more helpful then pregenelone since it converts to cortisol?

shine

Licorice is estrogenic. I took it for a while but it didn't do me any good. I got fatter and was still fatigued. I also read somewhere that it only affects mineralocorticoids, not glucocorticoids.
What helped me with chronic fatigue issues was pregnenolone. It also inproved sleep (taken in the morning).

I wouldn't take Prog because what you need to overcome your fatigue is pregnenolone-sulfate (which will be produced from a sufficient dose of pregnenolone). Try it out and please don't go down the same route that cost me 3 years of my life.

Sagitarrius90

What dose of pregenalone? I heard low dose is the best as a dose like 25 mg is stimulating.

Why no progesterone can you explain? Im taking progest e just to antagonize estrogen and help with overall stress.

Well taking t3 with progesterone seems to be helping so far.

shine

I thought that you only wanted to take one, and then I would suggest Preg, not Prog. Preg because of its anti-fatigue effect that you don't get from Prog and because 50% of it gets converted to Prog anyway. So a 50mg dose of Preg will give you ~25mg of Prog. But if you only take Prog, you're missing out on the amazing anti-fatigue effects of Preg-sulfate. I started with 5mg Preg and increased the dose to 50mg orally over the course of two weeks. Best decision of my life, I sometimes regret not trying it earlier.

Sagitarrius90

I wonder if taking licorice root with an anti estrogen would work... ive read forums on all things male by the member chilln who uses t3 licorice and progesterone to heal metabolism... he never mentioned the estrogen aspect but i have pharmaceutical aromasin on hand

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals