Supplements To Prevent Arthritis?

edd00

Hey all hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

So my question is this: What supplements can help prevent arthritis?

Here's some background:
I have been active in wresting and jiu jitsu for many years (I am in my late twenties now) and I am concerned about all that grappling having an effect on my joints down the line. Especially my neck and shoulders and hips.

Are there any supplements that I can take to prevent this?

I am already taking from
-K2 in the for of Kuinone
-Vitamin E in the form of Tocovit
- Energin

So any other ideas??
Maybe @haidut can recommend something else from Idea Labs?

Thanks everyone!

belcanto

R-ALA is great for the joints, not to mention the blood sugar.

But are you stretching prior to wrestling? It is shockingly important - go get "Aging Backwards" by Miranda Esmonde-White from the library. It's very well written and has documentation how stretching affects of the muscle chains and fascia. Good luck.

OP
E

edd00

R-ALA is great for the joints, not to mention the blood sugar.

But are you stretching prior to wrestling? It is shockingly important - go get "Aging Backwards" by Miranda Esmonde-White from the library. It's very well written and has documentation how stretching affects of the muscle chains and fascia. Good luck.

I am a notoriously poor stretcher lol Ill look this book up thanks!

I know about R-ALA but I think I want to take something long terms and I don't know if R-ALA is good to take long term...maybe I need to do more research/

lampofred

Maybe aspirin?

Dr. Peat recommends it for curing arthritis, so taking low-dose aspirin on a regular basis would probably would help in preventing arthritis from developing in the first place.

OP
E

edd00

Maybe aspirin?

Dr. Peat recommends it for curing arthritis, so taking low-dose aspirin on a regular basis would probably would help in preventing arthritis from developing in the first place.
I dont thing long term COX-2 inhibition is a good idea so I shy away from daily aspirin. Maybe I am wrong?

OP
E

edd00

Boron, Collagen/Gelatin, Tart Cherry, Vit D, Sugar.

I am taking collagen i forgot to mention that. I drink a lot of tart cherry juice, I get plenty of vitamin D from sun I work outdoors and I have plenty of sugar too

about Boron is that not estrogenic?

lampofred

I dont thing long term COX-2 inhibition is a good idea so I shy away from daily aspirin. Maybe I am wrong?

Dr. Peat's opinion seems to be that prostaglandins are never a good thing, so I doubt he'd view long-term COX-2 inhibition as unfavorable. But I'm not 100% sure

lampofred

I think so. Mostly, people with arthritis have lowered metabolisms. Cold temperatures, slow heart rate, development for calcification and fibrosis in joints and organs.

Raising calcium and adequate D3 and K2 is critical also.

But what should someone do if he/she has both low metabolism and low cholesterol, which makes it not possible to increase metabolism by supplementing thyroid? I think a lot of people with arthritis have low cholesterol.

Rheumatoid arthritis terrifies me, I associate with depletion of energy from every angle and with death for some reason...

But what should someone do if he/she has both low metabolism and low cholesterol, which makes it not possible to increase metabolism by supplementing thyroid? I think a lot of people with arthritis have low cholesterol.

Rheumatoid arthritis terrifies me, I associate with depletion of energy from every angle and with death for some reason...

Plenty of fresh fruit, fruit juice and sugar raises cholesterol.

Velve921

I am a notoriously poor stretcher lol Ill look this book up thanks!

I know about R-ALA but I think I want to take something long terms and I don't know if R-ALA is good to take long term...maybe I need to do more research/

Gymnastic bodies can be another great resource as well...

I'm not a competitive athlete at the moment and I do an Epsom salt bath every morning... In working with pro athletes... majority of them notice immense joint relief from Epsom salt baths in doses of 1-4lbs per bath

OP
E

edd00

I think so. Mostly, people with arthritis have lowered metabolisms. Cold temperatures, slow heart rate, development for calcification and fibrosis in joints and organs.

Raising calcium and adequate D3 and K2 is critical also.

Ok to increase thyroid its:
-intake of sugar
-calcium,
-vit d3,
-k2,
-sunlight
-liver
-stay away from goitrogens
-iodized salt
- decreased muscle meats/more gelatin
-liver

Am I missing anything?