Supplements To Increase Natural Progesterone?

ShotTrue

Hello!
I'm currently taking magnesium and was taking red clover, both of which increase progesterone levels.

Besides b6, is there supplements/herbs to increase natural progesterone levels?
I think I normally produce enough, but may be lower from letrozole use.

OP
ShotTrue

ShotTrue

Update, I found Vitamin C and Arginine can also increase progesterone

milkboi

Hmm, interesting. You should avoid Arginine tho, it increases NO (precursor to NO).

Dobbler

Pregnenolone is the mother of all hormones and prefers the progesterone route so that obviously

OP
ShotTrue

ShotTrue

Pregnenolone is the mother of all hormones and prefers the progesterone route so that obviously
Spoke too soon, don't feel great. Hot flashes, insomnia.
What dose of pregnenolone? I'm guessing 50 mg? And otc quality is fine or not?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
IIRC Vitex.
Edit: not sure if it works for males!

shepherdgirl

I think you need adequate cholesterol and thyroid levels:
"The steroids in general, especially those produced in large amounts, progesterone and DHEA, are important parts of the antioxidant defenses. Cholesterol, either that produced internally by the cell, or taken in from the blood stream, is the precursor for all the steroids in the body."
-Ray Peat, "Cholesterol, longevity, intelligence, and health", www.raypeat.com

schultz

Thyroid, vitamin A and cholesterol should help raise your production of progesterone.

"I guess it was about 40 years ago that someone was looking at the effects of varying the amount of cholesterol going into either in an ovary or an adrenal gland; and they found that if the thyroid hormone and the Vitamin A nutrition were adequate, the amount of progesterone coming out exactly corresponded to the amount of cholesterol going in. So a very big proportion of the cholesterol is being turned into the also protective hormones pregnenolone, progesterone and DHEA. And that is a massive turnover of the cholesterol that's been produced. But it depends on thyroid and Vitamin A very largely, so the higher your thyroid function, the more cholesterol you're consuming."

You can raise your cholesterol by consuming a lot of sugar (OJ for example).

I thought clover was estrogenic. Ray mentions it here...

"The estrogenic properties of legumes were studied when sheep farmers found that their sheep miscarried when they ate clover. (I think it's interesting how this terribly toxic effect has been neglected in recent decades.) All legumes have this property, and all parts of the plant seem to contain some of the active chemicals."

LUH 3417

I’ve read that b6 and magnesium help increase progesterone and also ease PMS

OP
ShotTrue

ShotTrue

Thanks guys! Gonna buy some b6 today for sure, and look into vitex if that’s ok for guys.
And thinks for the link @Peatful . Will make sure to keep my blood sugar up !