Supplements to help tolerate a stressful scene

ironfist

I am currently living with my parents for various causes. My mom is a narcissist.

It is nearly intolerable. I am under constant stress 24/7 and am find it essentially difficult to relax. My mom is the queen of attention seeking behavior. She is loud, dismissive of boundaries, and gross regularly. I was going to list out a bunch of stuff she does however decided against it. Just imagine someone who is gross on purpose for the sake of attention.

My dad enables this behavior. My dad is one of the most intelligent and successful people I know, but he is a like a little child who is afraid of his mom with my mom. It's gross. He is afraid of conflict with her. I see this daily.

I am aware of the damage stress can do long term. I believe I am dealing with it already. I am not looking for products that will make me more relaxed. I am looking for substances that will stop the damage from long term stress. I am in therapy.

I currently take:

0 - 300mg thiamine
1,000 - 3,000IU D3 - I get hypercalcemia and have to pay attention
5mg (not a typo) MK4 K2
100mcg MK7 K2
100 - 300mg magnesium glycinate/lysinate
1 capsule SPM (I forgot how much is in it)
0-5mg copper
small section of a B complex. Too much gives me OCD.

I have taken ginseng Cheong Kwan Jang tea before. I don't know that I detected a difference.

I have tried ksm-66 ashwaghanda extract before. It gave me bad OCD the following day.

I do not take zinc as it gives me tendonitis, even at low doses.

What else is good to reduce the harm from stress?

GodsHound

cyproheptadine is good for 'unavoidable' stress, but avoiding the stress is better. long walks, gym, coffee shops, libraries can provide an escape to think. make sure ur not spending any more time indoors than necessary. the buddha says the home is a place of filth.

DrJ

@ironfist Zinc. Don't forget the zinc. Especially if you're taking so much copper (why take copper?).

JamesGatz

I was in a similar situation in my household and at the advice of LE and the DOH - I now just go outside and stay outside - it feels pretty good and I like being outside a lot

If you stay indoors though - one thing to keep in mind - being around a stressful person stresses you out

So best thing (from personal experiences) is to lower your stress but to also do subtle things to lower their stress as well to make them more tolerable

OP
I

ironfist

I was in a similar situation in my household and at the advice of LE and the DOH - I now just go outside and stay outside - it feels pretty good and I like being outside a lot

If you stay indoors though - one thing to keep in mind - being around a stressful person stresses you out

So best thing (from personal experiences) is to lower your stress but to also do subtle things to lower their stress as well to make them more tolerable
what is LE and DOH

OP
I

ironfist

@ironfist Zinc. Don't forget the zinc. Especially if you're taking so much copper (why take copper?).
Toward the end of my post I mentioned I don't take zinc since doing so gives me tendonitis. This has happened numerous times over the years. I take copper because I think I have a deficiency as due to this. I have gotten a couple copper serum tests and it was at the low range of normal. Supposedly, zinc causing tendonitis is a result of copper lowering.

Validus

I am currently living with my parents for various causes. My mom is a narcissist.

It is nearly intolerable. I am under constant stress 24/7 and am find it essentially difficult to relax. My mom is the queen of attention seeking behavior. She is loud, dismissive of boundaries, and gross regularly. I was going to list out a bunch of stuff she does however decided against it. Just imagine someone who is gross on purpose for the sake of attention.

My dad enables this behavior. My dad is one of the most intelligent and successful people I know, but he is a like a little child who is afraid of his mom with my mom. It's gross. He is afraid of conflict with her. I see this daily.

I am aware of the damage stress can do long term. I believe I am dealing with it already. I am not looking for products that will make me more relaxed. I am looking for substances that will stop the damage from long term stress. I am in therapy.

I currently take:

0 - 300mg thiamine
5mg (not a typo) MK4 K2
100mcg MK7 K2
0-5mg copper

I have taken ginseng Cheong Kwan Jang tea before. I don't know that I detected a difference.

I have tried ksm-66 ashwaghanda extract before. It gave me bad OCD the following day.

Emodin is another good one.

NanMitch

I currently take:

0 - 300mg thiamine
5mg (not a typo) MK4 K2
100mcg MK7 K2
0-5mg copper

No supplement is an anecdote for narcissistic people. Move out as soon as possible.

Peachy

I’m really sorry you’re dealing with this. How’s your diet? Are you eating enough? Getting sufficient micronutrients?

get a job and move out the only long term solution, using supplements is like putting a band-aid on a shotgun wound. Need to leave ASAP even if it isnt the best financial decision, hell I would rather live in a car and take showers at the gym than live at home with insane people. Anyways I was in a similar situation, psychopathic jealous insane mom on medication+beta male senile dad who would refuse to stop her from screaming, she stressed me so much my hair started thinning at 13 and I was pretty much bald at 15 years old. Pretty brutal, dont feel bad for walking away from them and never coming back especially if they are harming your health.

going to the gym and progressing my physique really help me combat the atmosphere of learned helplessness my insane mother was creating in the house. Don't engage your mother at all, ignore her completely if you dont have money get a part time job save all your money and move out as soon as possible. I dont know if your'e Christian or not but dont feel bad for ignoring a piece of ***t mother like her, some people are too far gone and cant be saved. Move out get in a better headspace then in a few years you can come back and save her (if you want).

GodsHound

going to the gym and progressing my physique really help me combat the atmosphere of learned helplessness my insane mother was creating in the house. Don't engage your mother at all, ignore her completely if you dont have money get a part time job save all your money and move out as soon as possible. I dont know if your'e Christian or not but dont feel bad for ignoring a piece of ***t mother like her, some people are too far gone and cant be saved. Move out get in a better headspace then in a few years you can come back and save her (if you want).
😂😂 u gonna let him say that about ur mother

TMCMac

Facts 😂. Whenever I notice a family member is in a bad mood I usually convince them to go eat or get a coffee. Sometimes people are in such bad moods theyll mess up your mood and you have to get away somehow.

Peachy

Facts 😂. Whenever I notice a family member is in a bad mood I usually convince them to go eat or get a coffee. Sometimes people are in such bad moods theyll mess up your mood and you have to get away somehow.
So true. If people could monitor their own hangry-ness, life would be so much more pleasant!

Jennifer

I currently take:

0 - 300mg thiamine
5mg (not a typo) MK4 K2
100mcg MK7 K2
0-5mg copper

Being able to relax does reduce the potential damage caused by long-term stress, though. If you’re dealing with unavoidable stress due to personal circumstances, and the basics like food and sunshine aren’t enough to relieve it, maybe L-theanine would help—my doctor prescribes it as a natural replacement for Xanax. There’s also passionflower, which was found in studies to relieve anxiety. I personally found eating ice cream while on my back deck away from the heavy energy was enough to allow me to decompress, and I just started taking Progest-E daily and it’s been pretty powerful so far, however, I’m not sure how it affects men.

TMCMac

Facts 😂. Whenever I notice a family member is in a bmood I usually convince them to go eat or get a coffee. Sometimes people are in such bad moods theyll mess up your mood and you have to get away somehow.
So true. If people could monitor their own hangry-ness, life would be so much more pleasant!
Exactly! Crazy thing is some people arent even aware that they are hangry or dehydrated. My brother has a pretty shitty mood sometimes and everyone in the family, including himself, thought he just developed a grouchy personality and thats who he was. At the worst he was doing OMAD and was in such reactive angry moods. I slowly made him aware how it was the diet and him skipping meals and the type of meals etc and over time he became more aware of it and manages to actually control his temper now and when he does get in a bad mood a he is self aware and catches himself going of the rails and chooses to get something healthy to eat and some electrolyes before interacting with anyone else. Interestingly enough he notices hes most stressed when he eats a lot of junk food since it effects his gut and intuitivelt eats just a fruit salad for two meals to reset his stomach. Even without knowing about the bioenergetic approach.

baccheion

Stress depletes magnesium. ZMA.

Make the environment as good for you as possible. Are you in your own room? Meditation, brainwave entrainment audio, tai chi, yoga, etc.

DHEA (+ melatonin), as cortisol is anti-stress and bad when out of ratio with DHEA. DHEA biases toward slow metabolism, lower aldosterone, etc.

Russet potatoes (+ 2 cups high-fat raw milk in the morning for 25-35g fat) or milk are a mono diet approach.

I think meeting RDAs and getting ratios right (2 : 1 : 2 : 8 : 4 calcium : magnesium : phosphorus : potassium : sodium; bonus: 800-1200 mg phosphorus) are a good start. Then it is about melatonin (eg, REMfresh 500) and DHEA topical/sustained. Then the various meditations.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals