Supplements That Reduce Cortisol?

managing

This is awesome. I'm ordering some right now.
I am finding a 50/50 mix with shea butter is working best for me to diminish cortisol and enhance testosterone. Topical. There was some discussion on another thread that oral consumption of stearic acid (the main desired component of cacao butter and shea butter) can lead to stearic being converted to oleic by the liver.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I just rubbed cocoa butter all over my body after a nice warm bath. Lovely. Seems very calming. I've been doing this for at least a few weeks now several days per week and I can't imagine stopping. For me it absorbs rapidly with no greasy residue and it smells nice too.
+1 This. The BEST and most sustainable. Otherwise Idealabs Lapodin.
Love lapodin as well but it's so powerful I can only use it in small doses.

Obi-wan

I actually get hot within 10-20 minutes of rubbing cocoa butter all over my body after a shower and have more energy afterwards. I do 10 drops of lapodin mixed in cottage cheese (high in threonine) with fruit (I call it the Travis cocktail)

Last edited:

jimisonthenet

I had something really strange happen the last days.
I was taking pregnenolone and i was feeling great besides i couldnt sleep at night ,which was due to high cortisol i suppose .. Tried everything of my normal sleep sups and not even melatonin helped ..
Then i tried 1 drop of lugols iodine and was able to sleep within minutes !
Same goes for daytime . Iodine seems to relieve my cortisol symptoms . Repeatetly. Can anyone make sense of that ?

I ordered some Lugol's iodine about a month ago and have found it to have an instantly calming effect. I am trying to learn languages lately, and find myself calmer and more patient to learn after a few drops of Lugol's iodine.

...What the heck is ashwaganda?

Mauritio

I ordered some Lugol's iodine about a month ago and have found it to have an instantly calming effect. I am trying to learn languages lately, and find myself calmer and more patient to learn after a few drops of Lugol's iodine.

...What the heck is ashwaganda?
It is an herb, has GABAergic but also serotononergic actions...

TeaRex14

Sugar, D3, theanine, and cypro are probably good for all of this. I think you'll find serotonin to be a major problem, rather then just cortisol by itself. Antagonizing serotonin production has a vast array of downstream anti-stress actions, including lowering cortisol to a great extent. Just keeping your blood sugar levels steady throughout the day with small frequent meals of sugar will handle cortisol problems, if that's the only problem. But I didn't start seeing improvements in my cortisol until I started treating high serotonin too.

jimisonthenet

I just rubbed cocoa butter all over my body after a nice warm bath. Lovely. Seems very calming. I've been doing this for at least a few weeks now several days per week and I can't imagine stopping. For me it absorbs rapidly with no greasy residue and it smells nice too.

Love lapodin as well but it's so powerful I can only use it in small doses.
I've been using Palmer's cocoa butter for a while, but found that I would have allergenic responses to it and wound up itching a lot. I've just used pure, unrefined cocoa butter after a nice warm bath for the first time today... And it's exactly as you described, the best moisturiser I have used yet. The only downside is that it is as solid as a rock at room temperature, and so I had to pop it in the microwave for a bit to get it on my skin. It was actually quite nice rubbing some warm oil into my skin.

Does topical cocoa butter naturally contain vitamin E? I know that the Palmer's cocoa butter has some added already, but I think that I am allergic to the paraffin or perfume or other ingredients. I don't think that I'll use any other moisturiser either way, it's great stuff!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That's great! These are the 2 vitamins that I struggle getting the most from a Ray Peat inspired diet, primarily because the foods with high concentrations of them also contain high levels of PUFAs. That's great if I can just rub them into my skin after a nice bath
It is certainly luxurious and if you can get a little E and K that’s a nice bonus.

Beefcake

currently this is the list I have: rhodiola rosea +Ashwagandha + Phosphatidylserine + Holy Basil + Relora

Eleuthero supposedly has some reducing effect on cortisol too .
Ginkgo Biloba and Hibiscus Sabdariffa inhibit the ACTH which would lower I imagine cortisol since ACTH is connected to CRF1 (cortisol releasing hormone 1).

l-glycine also reduces cortisol.
and 2,5 gram lysine + 2,5 gram arginine combo reduces cortisol I think.

Are there any other methods supplements etc that has been show to reduce cortisol significally ?

Are you trying to lower cortisol from a blood test? Or are you treating symptoms of high cortisol? Or both? Have you even had blood tests? Can you reveal more than just asking for cortisol inhibitors. You said you might have a genetic condition? Why do you believe that? If you want help you need to elaborate. Just trying different supplements wont help you as you might have or might have not noticed. How do you know your problem is hig cortisol?

Last edited:

success23

One time i took 200 000iu of vitamin A with 10 mg of pipierine. I was sooooooooooooo relaxed it was amazing.

For me 25 000iu are enought for a strong anti-stress effect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom